shape
carat
color
clarity

Modified 4 prong setting - opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbuyer1

Rough_Rock
I''ve almost fully decided on the ring I''m ordering for my gf. The only decision left to be made was whether it should be 4 or 6 prongs. The centre stone will be about 1.3 ct round.

She liked 4 prongs because more of the diamond will show, but really preferred that 6 prongs made the stone look rounder. I THINK we''ve finally decided what to. We''ll get 4 prongs but change the direction of the prongs so they are at the spots that would be North, South, East and West. That way, the ring will still look round, but it will be done with 4 prongs. What do you think?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
All are beautiful, durable options. You really can''t go wrong with any of them!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I think that four prongs, regardless of their positioning, will end up making the stone look square-ish. But that''s me, and I''m not the greatest at visualizing things like this
2.gif
I would prefer to use four claw prongs, that way they appear smaller and lesson any square-ish appearance. Or just go with the six prongs!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 5:12:20 PM
Author: Rascal49
I think that four prongs, regardless of their positioning, will end up making the stone look square-ish. But that''s me, and I''m not the greatest at visualizing things like this
2.gif
I would prefer to use four claw prongs, that way they appear smaller and lesson any square-ish appearance. Or just go with the six prongs!
set this way though, they look more like a diamond or square kite shape.... what is it called - starset?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2007 7:14:47 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 1/7/2007 5:12:20 PM
Author: Rascal49
2.gif
set this way though, they look more like a diamond or square kite shape.... what is it called - starset?
Exactly, still a square-ish look, just starset.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results