shape
carat
color
clarity

Moderate/Lower priced range

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MFLetou

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for a diamond as close to .60 as possible, in the F-H SI1-SI2 range. Ideally, I'd like an AGS--triple ideal. Bluenile and Mondera list many ideal cut diamonds that are not AGS certified. How reliable are their own descriptions? Is it worth it just to go with AGS? I'd like to spend in the $12-$1400 range, so the settings make a big difference as well. I notice that the cheapest setting at bluenile.com is $225. Is there really that much of a difference?

Finally, how much difference is there really between an SI1 and an SI2. How much extra is the SI1 worth? I've found a few diamonds, that interest me but they are SI2. Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions would be helpful. Thus far, I've really only had success finding diamonds in my range at bluenile and mondera. Anywhere else I should look?

I am told by one dealer I talked to that bluenile and mondera are pretty much selling right at rap pricing, and I should hold out for a better deal. He says he can do better if he can find it, but I've given him ample time to do that and he hasn't produced. I'm sure he's right about the rap pricing, but since I can't find anything cheaper, it does me no good!

Thanks a lot--I've tried to learn as much as possible about diamonds, but the whole process is still a little intimidating for a guy like me. My girlfriend (hopefully soon to be fiance) is not particularly discriminating (she says she doesn't want me to pay too much, wants a simple looking diamond that is not 'too big'), but I want to get the best value possible.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
clarity ratings dont matter to me much, what does is that its eyeclean.
si1 and eyeclean is fairly common but not all are
si2 fewer are eyeclean
i1 fewer yet
i2 ?? does an eyeclean one exist?

14k is fine in my opinion there is often a slight color difference but I like the color of both.
18k is slightly weaker/softer so that is a consideration.
Honestly Id go with 14k for an active person who will wear the ring all the time.
Save the $ on the setting and put it into the diamond is my advise.

ccartertn2002

Rough_Rock
I got a beautiful white eye clean .61ct SI1 H&A from good old gold for about 1450. With that small of a stone, they say that the I color doesnt look yellow at all. My stone looks completely white in all types of lighting.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi, MF: A few things.....I think you'll do better price-wise with one of the vendors here than you might with Blue Nile. Their prices are typically a bit higher.

Second, in the size-range you're talking about, an SI2 should be fine. Eye-clean means that even though the inclusions are noticeable under magnification, they aren't visible to the unaided eye.

It's really a toss-up between F, SI2 and H, SI1 .....either would be nice. Keep in mind that there is usually a bigger savings for dropping in clarity, so the F stone might be more bang for the buck in that scenario. Personally, I'd try to get an H, SI2 or so.....and in fact, that's what I bought.

I found this one, and I think it would fit the bill perfectly for you:

.57, G, SI2 for $1279 - the image looks nice, and the cut proportions are fantastic!

http://www.dirtcheapdiamonds.com/diamond_detail.cfm?did=6883443

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results