shape
carat
color
clarity

Moderate anniversary upgrade made a big difference!

sixmillionmiles

Rough_Rock
First time poster here - we just upgraded to a .63ct diamond (I color, VS2, triple excellent) from a .47ct (J color, I2, likely good cut) for my first anniversary. The original set is from my husband’s great-grandmother, which I adored, but I had issues with the visible inclusions in the center stone. I also wanted the diamond to be set a bit higher, but not be too much larger so as to distract from the setting (plus, I only have a size 4 finger).
Here are the before and after pics! I can't believe what a small increase in size plus better specs and a higher setting has done for the set. We're also getting a gold and diamond chevron stacking band made for the top - it's in the works :)

Before:
DSC_0488 (2).JPG

After:
20190813_192325.jpg 20190813_171120.jpg 20190813_170917.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a lovely upgrade!! It looks beautiful on your lovely hands!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and looks lovely on your hand. Congratulations.

hypermom

Shiny_Rock
I love the before and after. The before ring looks so dainty and feminine on your hand. Oh to have a size 4 finger!

The upgrade is so flashy and bold. Beautiful!

sixmillionmiles

Rough_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I had been feeling guilty about going through the effort of making a relatively small upgrade (.47 to .63 seemed rather trivial to me), but now I'm so glad we did it! The higher setting and better specs made a world of difference.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day & night!!
So beautiful!!
The set looks like it was made for you!!
Congratulations!!! :kiss2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting and that upgrade made a huge impact! Enjoy your new stone!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
your ring is magnificent! what a sparkler(s)!! :love::love:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! The setting and the new diamond are just gorgeous together! I can't wait to see the band you have in the works too!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS on your new diamond!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! That really did have quite an impact! I love how they were able to inset a new head on there for you for the new stone. It fits in well to the 5 stone look of it.

sixmillionmiles

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll post the full set when I get my chevron band next week :) It's crazy how ring "shrinkage" (or simply familiarity with a new size) works...when I first got it, I was like "WOW, it's so much bigger than before" and now a few days later, I'm already used to it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your amazing upgrade!!! Your set is absolutely perfect for your lovely hands:love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lush look, so beautiful. Congratulations!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG gorgeous! It was his great grandmother’s? Very special. The new diamond and higher setting works!!!! Lovely hands too. I’m not sure I can imagine a 3rd ring with your set, but I look forward to the pics when you get it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results