shape
carat
color
clarity

MOB dress...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
OK... I''m going to rely on my Pricescope ladies'' fashion talents to help with a MOB dress...

One of the goals of this past weekend in the States was to find my mom and dress.. and we were very unsuccessful... bummer!

Here are some specs:

She is 51 (well on the 25th she will be), 5''3"-5''4", about a dress size 12/14...

She really would like to have something with a portrait neckline (off the shoulder) and 3/4 length sleeves...but she isnt entirely glued to that.. that is just what is in her head right now...

We''ve been looking at blues/browns/and pale pinks and also black.. although that would be my least favorite color.

Her only request would be for the dress not to be sleeveless.. although if you find a dress that looks fab... I can talk her into it!

Thanks in advance for all your help!!! I cant wait to see what you all come up with!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
S106_A1505_F_35A.jpg

This dress is one of my favorites, the silk in a nice quality and you can''t complain about the price. Barriepace.com has a ton of great, stylish, age appropriate stuff, don''t skip the sale section. It ususally has more stuff than the storefront.

Watters has some similar styles too:
styler.gif
3/4 sleeve satin scoop
[url=http://www.watters.com/product.php?coll=watters&showid=332&style=2439]Portrait sleeveless dupioni

Brocade coat dress also in dupioni.
Pretty portrait sleevless. Also comes in satin and full length.
Two piece
Strapless plus organza jacket
Last one.
The watters dresses can be ordered from Pearl''s place, RK, or House of Brides one at a time and run pretty close to street sizes. Good luck![/URL]

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
My mom found her dress at the Talbot's outlet for $75 and I thought it was beautiful. They still have this style of dress available. Here's a good picture of it (but not a good pic of me, hee hee). She also wanted sleeves and something blue. My mom is 64, BTW, but a very young 65. She's 5'2" and a size 4.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/rainysundays/1p51.jpg

My MIL also wore a very pretty dress. She's younger than my mom, I think 54. Here's a pic of hers:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i244/rainysundays/1p57.jpg

Good luck; I think we shopped longer for my mom's dress than we did for mine!

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders,
I am smiling because my bm''s are about your mom''s age!!
That''s what happens when you are the youngest of 6, and wait til you''re 39 to get married.

I will be looking for a MOB dress for my mom who will be turning 80 2 months after the wedding. yikes.

btw, I love that barrieplace.com dress that was posted here- beautiful.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
PSA: Barrie Pace sale stuff is an extra 30% off throught Friday. Use promo code 7W1FEBSL .

E B

Ideal_Rock
mercoledi,

I LOVE that first champagne wrap dress from Barrie Pace. That might be the winner for my Mom. Not only do they have her size, it''s on sale! Thanks for posting it.
9.gif

plantationcatt

Shiny_Rock

So this is almost exactly like a post I was getting ready to write: I went MOB shopping with my mom this past weekend...she's mid 50's, 5'2, 12-14 size, and wants a v-neck or stiff collar, with 3/4 sleeves. How bizzare. And the few that we do find, we keep finding all over everywhere...and I'd like her to feel special. Thanks for asking this question, Jaders~~

And thanks to the posters, I especially love that first champagne dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results