shape
carat
color
clarity

MMM - professional pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
i see.
so out of those two i listed, i would probably do the favors option just because it would be more likely to go home with the guests then a loose card.
other thoughts: if you are doing a destination wedding you could put in the welcome packet (if you are doing one). or it could also go on your website, although not sure how many people view websites. i don''t think as many looked at ours as i would have thought.

hope that helps
1.gif

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:23:15 PM
Author: MMM
Hi kelbelle.
I like finding other gators on this board! : )

The wedding was in Sarasota; very near the Sarasota/Bradenton airport.
We are form Tampa, so it was about 45mins to an hour drive for us and our guests. Its funny, now living in LA, NO ONE would consider an hour drive any kind of schlep at all! But, coming from Tampa, that is considered “destination” – hah.
So, we did have to reserve a block of rooms at the hotel next door and friends of our families hosted a farewell brunch the next morning.

About my ering…
The stone and setting are from mark turnowski (engagement rings direct).
He was wonderful and I seriously still tell my husband how in love I am with my ring at least once a week – and I’ve had it for about 3-1/2 years! I’m just still not used to how beautiful it is!

If you want some detailed information on the process, go HERE

And if you want to see more pictures than you ever needed to see, go HERE.

: )
Hi MMM! I was just wondering last week how you were doing! Wedding pics are simply gorgeous....everything looked amazing! I was stunned to see that you have had your engagement ring for so long!--Time flies! I still cannot thank you enough for posting the details of the process of having a ring designed. It helped me so much by knowing what to expect when we finally decided on a design for mine. I also tell my husband very often how much I still love my ring and that it''s still the perfect ring for me. He''s probably just thrilled I''m not looking for an upgrade....LOL. Congrats on such a beautiful wedding and best wishes for forever happiness.

Lane

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on a wonderful, picture-perfect day! The forest is such a stunning backdrop, and the pics are amazing!

I have a quick question -- I ADORE your bridesmaid dresses!!! Can you share info on where you found them?

Thanks soooooo much!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:43:26 PM
i see.
so out of those two i listed, i would probably do the favors option just because it would be more likely to go home with the guests then a loose card.
other thoughts: if you are doing a destination wedding you could put in the welcome packet (if you are doing one). or it could also go on your website, although not sure how many people view websites. i don''t think as many looked at ours as i would have thought.

hope that helps
1.gif
I just saw this - thanks for the suggestions - I appreciate it!
1.gif
Yeah we''re going to do a website of some sort, but I''ve often wondered if people really even use them much.

Fleur

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 1:57:15 PM
instead of doing a guestbook we had guests sign squares of fabric which we will (one day) have made into a quilt with the fabric from our chuppah. here is the sign explaining.

First, I just have to say WOW!!! You should be so proud of your amazing talents. This wedding was absolutely amazing. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness!!

I was so intrigued by the quilt idea! I just started quilting last summer and love it. Your post made it sound like you were going to have someone else make the quilt so I don''t know if you can provide details. Can you tell me what size squares you used, what kind of pens, do you have a design in mind for the finished quilt? Any details would be wonderful. We''re also having a chuppah so the idea of using it as part of a quilt is brilliant! You are so creative!!

natalina

Brilliant_Rock
Your wedding was gorgeous and the photos are fantastic! LOVE your shoes!!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I just had to log in so I could comment on this thread!! Everything was sooooo beautiful. I''m astounded at the creativity and all the DIY aspects, the colors, the beauty, the RING!! Amazing wedding and photos..really. Made my day. Congratulations!!
36.gif

brightstone

Shiny_Rock
MMM, where did you get your cute personalized facts about you napkins from?? I have searched on-line but can''t find them.

xo
Bright

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You look so gorgeous!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
dianne - long time no see! so happy to hear you are still in love with your ering. it turned out beautifully!

lane - the bridesmaids dresses were from jcrew. sadly, i don''t think they have them anymore! but they are always coming out with new ones i love. plus, if you ask them to they''ll send you a swatch of the fabric. so, i was able to carry my little yellow swatch around with me to make matching my yellows across the board much, much easier! also, i''ve worn jcrew as a bm and have in fact re-worn my dress! and one of my bm''s re-wore her yellow dress from my wedding to another wedding, as a guest, just last month.

fleur - yes, i will have someone else make the quilt. i have made one quilt in my life, it turned out alright and would be interested in trying another someday, but i don''t want to mess this one up. so, ill leave it to a pro. i think i cut the squares to 7"x7" and the backing was 6"x6", forcing guests to not write in the 1" boarder. i have no idea how we''ll have the final quilt put together. i need to sit with someone with quilting experience to get some options/ideas. the pens we used were microns - http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/Pen-Archival
they''re a brand i''m familiar with from hand drafting in architecture school and was told they were great for this purpose as well. you can get them at most craft stores.

brightstone - i made the cocktail napkins myself with my gocco. if you don''t have a gocco, maybe you could have them custom printed? or get custom stamps made and stamp them yourself? although i think both these options could get pricey. with my gocco i was able to do all 5 designs using just one screen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results