shape
carat
color
clarity

MMM - professional pictures!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all.
I have been MIA lately but am back with lots and lots of pictures!
We loved our photographer and got well over 1200 photos! I''ve tried to pick a good variety and wanted to show all our little details. I got so much out of pricescope from the engagement ring process through the wedding and my favorite posts always included LOTS ans LOTS of pictures. So, I hope you feel the same because I am about to post a TON!

One more thing, I did post our teaser pics that were posted on our photographer''s blog (Agnes Lopez of Jacksonville, Fla) previously. They can be found here:
Previously posted photo sampler

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited! I loved your teaser pics, I can''t wait to see more!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
first, here is our site.
it''s The Powel Crosley Estate in sarasota, florida and is a historic, spanish-style, 1920''s home.
it was almost like throwing a backyard wedding, but it a beautiful home on the water that no one actually lives in anymore.

ALP_W_MM_0986.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
we hung these from the lanterns flanking the front door. i made them with just some ribbon and white wooden letters i bought from michael''s craftstore, and a hot glue gun. the total for both was under $20 and was a nice, super easy way to personalize the front porch.

ALP_W_MM_0002e.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
once inside (you walked through the house to get to the backyard for the ceremony) guests they were met with a table with ice water and iced tea for them to help themselves. my mom found the containers at target and i made the little hang tags for them. since i made our invitations (link here: invite post ) i was able to use the same fonts and papers throughout all the stationary and signs.

ALP_W_MM_0260.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
speaking of our invitations, here''s a picture of them (so you don''t have to bother going to the full invite post unless you really want all the ins and outs).

ALP_W_MM_0965.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and here are our save the dates, also diy.
i''m glad we remembered to bring copies of these to the wedding so our photographer could photograph them.

ALP_W_MM_0964e.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and, continuing with the stationary, here are our programs. made very easily with paper from paper source. we just ran them through our home printer and i screen printed the front. the ribbon is also from paper source.

ALP_W_MM_0257.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
instead of doing a guestbook we had guests sign squares of fabric which we will (one day) have made into a quilt with the fabric from our chuppah. here is the sign explaining.

ALP_W_MM_0772e.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
so, here is someone signing a square, and you''ll see that it looks really easy to write. that is because of the freezer paper attached to the back. you know how normally if you tried to write on fabric it would wrinkle up and be very difficult? well, by ironing on freezer paper (to the back) it is super easy to write, draw, etc.

ALP_W_MM_0282.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and the freezer paper peels right off, leaving no residue, afterward.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
okay, now moving outdoors. he is the view of the "tent" set up outside.

from my previous posting about the tent frame:
"so about the "tent" -- i really wanted everything to just be open to the sky and not have a tent separating everyone from he view of the beautiful historic home and the bay. buuuut i needed to have lighting so everyone could see! so, my solution was to rent the tent frame, but no canvas (like a 1/3 of the cost of an actual tent, by the way) so there would be a frame to hang lights. basically everyone thought this was a really strange idea, not least of which the tent man! but i think it turned out nice and have gotten a lot of compliments on it."

ALP_W_MM_1088.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and here is the side view.

ALP_W_MM_1087.jpg

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Keep ''em coming! Your wedding was GORGEOUS!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
closer view of the tables.

we used various heights of square and rectangular vases in white and stainless steel and each had just one type of flower. since we used non typical (and less expensive) flower varieties, our entire florist bill was $1200. pretty good, i think.

ALP_W_MM_0268e.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
another money saver was to use all white linens and just bring in color through "table runners" which were actually just chair ties. (the chair ties were somewhere around 50 cent each)

ALP_W_MM_0270.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
here is our bird cage for cards.
this was used in michael''s sisters wedding, and was passed along to one of my bridesmaids weddings, and is already in waiting for another girl''s wedding! we just each switched out the ribbon to match our colors.

ALP_W_MM_0970.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
here are our diy, gocco''d cocktail napkins.
there were 5 different "fun facts" about us.

in addition to this one, the other four were:

"marissa asked michael out on their first date in march of 2000. she was 14."

"marissa and michael met in high school in spanish 1. they can both name every spanish speaking country in the world... and its capital. "

"marissa and michael have gone skydiving, white water rafting, canyoning, and bungee jumping. all within four days."

"marissa and michael are both certified scuba divers."

ALP_W_MM_0007.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
when our parents and readers arrived (early, to take pictures) we gave them each their own tag to reserve their seat. since they were part of the processional, we didnt want them to be stuck with whatever seats were left, so they got to chose their seats before anyone arrived.

ALP_W_MM_0273.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
okay, now to the actually getting ready part!
here is my dress. there''s post about it somewhere around this board.
it''s a bridesmaids dress that i ordered in cream and with extra length so we could create a little train.

ALP_W_MM_0054.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
we didn''t hire any "beauty professionals" -- this is my maid of honor doing my hair, and another one of my friends did my makeup.

ALP_W_MM_0063.jpg

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know you''re still posting but love them so far!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
the jewelry.
the tooth clip (dont know what thats called) with the wire and pearls, was to go with my veil. i made it with just maybe $10-15 in supplies.

the flower was bought for $15 off a little street vendor and went in when i put my hair up after the ceremony and all the formal pictures.

i wore minimal jewelry. just tiny little "diamond" hoop earrings, and a bracelet that i bought from nordstrom (actually a necklace i wrapped around my wrist to be a bracelet) and a diamond necklace. it is the diamond from my (now divorced) parents engagement ring. my mom gave me the diamond (still set as her ring) for my 21st birthday and micahel had it set into a pendant for my wedding gift.

ALP_W_MM_0037.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
jewelry going on...

ALP_W_MM_0103e.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your wedding was incredibly beautiful. I
30.gif
it!!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
getting ready with my bridesmaids...
this looks so posed but it wasn''t!

ALP_W_MM_0121e.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, your wedding was incredibly beautiful. I
30.gif
it!!

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
this is jumping forward a bit... but since i just showed the hair stuff in the jewelry box i thought i''d show them "in action"

here is the flower (going in after the ceremony)

ALP_W_MM_0608.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
and here is the clip that went in with the veil
(the veil is caught up on it here, but its the best picture i have)

ALP_W_MM_0459.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
seeing my mom seeing me for the first time in my dress.
and that is my maid of honor next to me.

ALP_W_MM_0125.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results