shape
carat
color
clarity

MMD too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upandup

Rough_Rock
Hello Diamond Experts,

Being a novice with the 4 c''s and open for answers from experts like yourselves, I have a Man Made Diamond question for you all.

I understand that synthetic diamonds are not 100% carbon, but have a very similar hardness to a real diamond. (or so I''m told).

I am looking for a champagne diamond and am drawn to man made/lab made stones for ethical and financial reasons.

I ran across this site that I found selling a 2.02 carat champagne colored diamond for just over $200. (as a loose stone).

This seems fishy. Is it?

http://www.diamondnexuslabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=3_232_231_223&products_id=5778&osCsid=s0eu7opqcprqna17e2l5cfom94

Thanks.

upandup

Rough_Rock
Ok, read through some other MMD forum info and found out that the site I posted was indeed a fraud.

My real question:

Where can I find a man made champagne diamond with a C2 or C3 clarity? Looking for cushion, asscher or radient...anywhere from .5 to 1.5 carat.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
There aren''t many places. As of right now the authentic man-made places are:

AOTC, Apollo, Chatham, Gemesis, New Age Diamonds, Sumitomo Electric, lljin, Tairus Created Gems

Be VERY careful because "synthetic" diamond usually doesn''t mean man made DIAMOND. It means a different substance, often CZ, with a diamond coating or something like that.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/27/2009 8:12:16 AM
Author: neatfreak
There aren''t many places. As of right now the authentic man-made places are:

AOTC, Apollo, Chatham, Gemesis, New Age Diamonds, Sumitomo Electric, lljin, Tairus Created Gems

Be VERY careful because ''synthetic'' diamond usually doesn''t mean man made DIAMOND. It means a different substance, often CZ, with a diamond coating or something like that.
Oh..., and one more....

http://www.e6.com/en/aboutelementsix/companyhistory/
2.gif

EEFranklin

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Be VERY careful because ''synthetic'' diamond usually doesn''t mean man made DIAMOND. It means a different substance, often CZ, with a diamond coating or something like that.
A synthetic diamond is a real diamond (carbon, hardness of 10, 3.52 density, etc.), with the difference being it was made in a lab, rather than dug out of the ground. The term ''synthetic'' though technically correct, is commonly misunderstood and you will find most gem-quality synthetic diamonds are called lab-created, lab-grown or man-made diamonds.

A ''simulant'' is something that may look similar to a diamond, but does not possess all the same properties. These include CZ and moissanite and usually sell for at most a couple hundred per carat.

Lab-created diamonds are available in fancy yellow up to around two carats and blue up to one carat. Gem-quality whites are quite rare and aren''t much bigger than 1/2ct in most all cases. Other colors are very limited, if possible at all. Most lab-created diamonds start around a couple thousand per carat.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results