MMD diamond ring

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
Please help me find a good diamond for a solitaire ring. Budget $6k

Thank you.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$6K can get you quite a large diamond. How large are you wanting to get?

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
It would be helpful to know what kind of setting and shape you are interested in as well.
There are many types of solitaires - cathedral, Tiffany-inspired...

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
It would be helpful to know what kind of setting and shape you are interested in as well.
There are many types of solitaires - cathedral, Tiffany-inspired...

Something like this

Tiffany True® Engagement Ring with a Round Brilliant Diamond​

Style #45258

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything from WF in house is great.

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
Anything from WF in house is great.
WF is showing 2.9ct/d/vvs1 IGI at 6500
Other places are selling 3.1 d/vvs1 GIA at 4500

How do I choose?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WF is showing 2.9ct/d/vvs1 IGI at 6500
Other places are selling 3.1 d/vvs1 GIA at 4500

How do I choose?

You can find stuff cheaper than WF. But WF does all of the leg work for you in terms of advanced images, etc. So it's a much easier way to be guaranteed a great stone within budget (if you have the money)

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Any feedback for this one?

This one isn’t cut well. Pavilion twist in addition to being steep and deep. A WF Precision Cut will get you a top notch stone with assured optical performance.

However, the experts here will be able to help you find something for less than WF, too. The reason we ask about size is bc a well chosen 3-3.5ct can run $3500-$4000, so $6k can be a lot of diamond. There’s another 3ct thread going on right now.

Is $6k including the setting?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really hard for us to find you anything without parameters for size and color at the very minimum

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
I have been just going by better CCC qualities and GIA report. Thats why looking for expert advice to get good value for price. 6k is for diamond only.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been just going by better CCC qualities and GIA report. Thats why looking for expert advice to get good value for price. 6k is for diamond only.

See the one I linked

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is

E COLOR | VS2 CLARITY. Is that good enough? Any thing better?​

For me cut is #1 priority. E color will look very white. Most people csnt tell the difference between E and D (although some can). VS2 clarity will be eye clean. If you want a 100% guarantee of the best possible cut then go with whiteflash. But this one I linked is my favorite of the gcal 8x I saw.

Here are others I like. But again I'm not you, so I don't know your priorities.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
It is

E COLOR | VS2 CLARITY. Is that good enough? Any thing better?​

If you say what specifications you are interested in, that would be helpful. Good enough is different for different cultures, different eyes, and different preferences

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the whitest and "cleanest" WF stone in your budget. I personally wouldn't pay 6k for a lab diamond, esp because I don't care about such high color and clarity. But that's just me

Ramsham

Rough_Rock
If you say what specifications you are interested in, that would be helpful. Good enough is different for different cultures, different eyes, and different preferences

that’s a great point. Because of my lack of understanding of diamonds I was going by high CCC parameters.
But at the end of day,
From her point of view, size is what counts, and she will be happy with something between 3-3.5ct.
From my point of view, $6k is what matters :)

Rest, I will leave for the experts here

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Several people have already made suggestions. What are your thoughts on those? Until we get feedback from you about the aforementioned stones, it's unlikely people will suggest anything else. We're here to help, and your input helps us help you.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several people have already made suggestions. What are your thoughts on those? Until we get feedback from you about the aforementioned stones, it's unlikely people will suggest anything else. We're here to help, and your input helps us help you.

This

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results