shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing metals for a MAN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

62caster

Rough_Rock
Trade
I''ve read a lot about women mixing metals, but are there any opinions out there about men mixing metals?

More specifically....I have a 14k yellow gold right hand ring my of my grandfathers that I love to death, along with his gold Longines watch. My girlfriend loves white gold/plat, and (although she doesn''t come out and say it) i know she would love to have somewhat similar wedding bands once the time comes. I mostly just have yellow gold stuff, but I really like the white gold/plat color and look. Would it look weird and gaudy to wear so much yellow gold with a white gold wedding band?

Thanks!

p.s. I''m new here and I really enjoy all the nice info!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi 62 and welcome to PS - You can mix metals, or you and your beloved can get similar rings but have different metal colors, either way you can make it work. After many years of marriage both my DH and I got new wedding rings in different metals, but designed by the same designer. They are related, but each is unique. Sort of like us.
1.gif

Best wishes to you both.
35.gif

Lauren Q

Rough_Rock
Hello,

2-tone is always another option. I''ve seen many platinum and white gold bands trimmed with yellow gold. This will give you the look you want with a little yellow to match your other pieces.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

62caster

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow! I really like that! Too expensive for me, but maybe theres a cheaper alternative.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I would suggest the two-toned wedding band to pull everything together ,this is what i would do.But you dont have to match rings and watch for daily wear any more...I rarely match my jewelry anymore.I wear what combinations I feel like that day. Ive noticed over the last 10 years a trand that many of the male clients ive helped that are not from the united states wear yellow gold wedding bands with stainless steel watches.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Mixing metals for men is A-OK, 100% no worries.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my friend''s husbands has a two tone wband. It looks great with his gold stuff and still coordinates with her Plat wedding set.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results