shape
carat
color
clarity

Mixing Diamonds and Moissy in earrings

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As in diamond studs with Moissy jackets or vice versa?

I have a pair of near 1cttw diamond studs and two pairs of diamond jackets.

The studs are too small for the flower pair with gaps too big for my liking. Hence I wear 8mm pearls or bigger CZ studs with them.

I wear the smaller pair with the studs everyday for work. However I would like a bigger pair of jackets to bling up for dressier occasions.

I am toying with a) a bigger pair of Moissy jackets, and/or a bigger pair of Moissy studs.

Has anyone mixed diamonds and Moissy like this please? Thanks in advance.

I don't appear to be able to attach images already loaded with the initial post, and shall post them up in a mo.

DK :))

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My flower jackets with the studs, they are about 20mm in diameter and only just about cover my big fat earlobes!
I don't have photos of the jackets with 8mm pearls or CZ studs, sorry!

My studs with the small jackets that I interchange with different centres.

On their own, they are too small for my earlobes and face. Hence I wear them with the jackets all the time nowadays.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump.

DK ;)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the flower jackets !
Im sure someone more informed that me will be along shortly

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock

I have mixed moissanites and diamonds without a problem. There haven’t been a ton of moissanite jackets made that I have seen or a mixture of diamond and moissanite jackets worn together. Most of the people in the FFJ section have either ordered from the two Chinese companies or AV. I have seen the AV studs at 1 carat and they don’t look very different then the ones that you get from the Chinese because they are cutting for so many of the US brands now. If you are getting closer to the 1.5 to 2 carat equivalent, it is probably worth the investment but not really if you are sticking with a one carat moissanite equivalent.

So based on the info you provided, you either want larger moissanite studs or moissanite jackets that are also large?. If you are wearing 8 mm pearls and want something that big in moissanite studs, they are going to be somewhere around $400 in 14K gold for a pair. The jackets would depend on the design but even theIr lab diamonds are getting pretty cheap on anything that is 4 mm and under. I would consider using your diamond studs and building a lab diamond halo for the best match with either a single or double halo. It deends on what you are going for. They could certainly recreate the designs you posted without too much trouble.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks both!

I am leaning towards getting a bigger pair of jackets made to wear with my existing studs, as I seldom attend formal occasions where I could wear my blinglier jewellery pieces.

I don't like double halos in rings, however I may consider it for earring jackets as I shan't see them unless in a mirror! :lol:

I shall make some enquires with my go-to vendor for custom made pieces in China as they stock and/or can get hold of Moissy.

Emythe1

Rough_Rock
My flower jackets with the studs, they are about 20mm in diameter and only just about cover my big fat earlobes!
I don't have photos of the jackets with 8mm pearls or CZ studs, sorry!

earshotjacketwithdiamondstudsmall.jpg

My studs with the small jackets that I interchange with different centres.

On their own, they are too small for my earlobes and face. Hence I wear them with the jackets all the time nowadays.

studwithjacket.jpg
jackets_allthestudssmall.jpg

Wow, your earrings are so cute. I am sure that jackets are the most convenient for everyday wearing. Especially for people so lazy as me Shrug emoji

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a quick look at the earrings and jacket designs that are currently available at my usual Chinese vendor's eBay shop for inspiration, and could find 3 designs that I like.

I have reservations about the first 2 designs in that they may be too high for my ears and would stick out too much for my liking.

The last one is the biggest in diameter, and I really like the star burst and low setting design.

Screenshot_20200115-081642_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-081813_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20200115-081908_eBay.jpg

They would need to be modified to take my bezel set studs, however that should not be an issue for the bench.

The great thing is that, they are within reach in diamonds! :kiss2:

DK :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pic of my flower jackets with a pair of bezel set CZ. They look well-matched in dimmer lighting.

I shall leave them as they are. Too blingy for every day wear for certain, and shall save the money for a pair of Moissy studs and use it towards the star burst jackets instead.

20200115_092019.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results