shape
carat
color
clarity

Missy!!!!! I found it!!!! I found butter pecan ice cream.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked it! It was good! It was very rich and quite sweet though. It did have a lovely buttery taste which I really liked.

So final verdict is: I liked it. Not the the point where I'm clinging onto the box and freaking out about when/how I will find it again but I will happily finish this box and buy another if I see the truck again.

Can i have the cone
i love those waffle cones much more than icecream
we cut icecream out about a Year ago for Gary's health
his favourite was bosenberry
I like mint the best
always have since i was a wee girl
but the peacon sounds like it would be yummy with a hot desert
enjoy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can so relate! This is the amount I ate of my Ube ice cream yesterday, and the amount my tummy can tolerate. The bowl is a little rice bowl and the spoon is a teaspoon. 02E2CA58-66AF-42F5-82CC-B9ADAE9B75D7.jpeg

What a beautiful colour
what flavour is that ?

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I can so relate! This is the amount I ate of my Ube ice cream yesterday, and the amount my tummy can tolerate. The bowl is a little rice bowl and the spoon is a teaspoon. 02E2CA58-66AF-42F5-82CC-B9ADAE9B75D7.jpeg

Yep - everyone in my family is like "I want two giant scoops" at the ice cream store and I ask for the smallest kid scoop they have and make sure that is all the dairy I have for the day. I carry lactaid in my purse but it seems like it can only do so much. Pizza is almost not worth it as well because even with the lactaid I feel so ill. They seem to be coming out with a lot more lactose free products but since I've gone without for so long I don't really miss a lot of things.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked it! It was good! It was very rich and quite sweet though. It did have a lovely buttery taste which I really liked.

So final verdict is: I liked it. Not the the point where I'm clinging onto the box and freaking out about when/how I will find it again but I will happily finish this box and buy another if I see the truck again.

Maybe look for another brand with less sugar?

I dont know how that Ice Cream taste but it sure is pretty to look at! Looks like it would be perfect for Easter dessert...such a pretty color!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im.not sure about untrational flavours ?

i mean i do have an adventurse savery pallet but im not sure about sweet

i kind of find passonfruit mango about as exotic as i get

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all who cannot enjoy dairy I feel you. I cannot have dairy either. There are so many great alternatives now though. That taste as incredible IMO. Coconut milk based, almond milk based etc. Rich, creamy, decadent and oh so yummy. Non dairy ice cream has come a long way baby.

My favorite is from our local ice cream shoppe and it is homemade and it is amazing. I would suggest if you love ice cream but it doesn't love you (re dairy) try looking around and seeing if you don't have an ice cream shoppe that offers delicious alternatives.

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 3.33.16 PM.png

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter Pecan is one of my favorites, I like Breyers and Blue Bell (my absolute favorite brands)
Also you can't go wrong with salted carmel or Oreo

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two scoops left!!!!

But I've changed my mind!!! I love it!!! Officially freaking out about where to get my next batch and plan on chasing that truck!

i can't imange the flavour
but i like pecans
does it taste like the pie?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two scoops left!!!!

But I've changed my mind!!! I love it!!! Officially freaking out about where to get my next batch and plan on chasing that truck!

Woohoo! I knew you would love it. I was staying quiet just waiting..

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 5.35.52 AM.png

It's a sophisticated flavor that creeps into your heart and taste buds. YUmmmmmmmm.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i can't imange the flavour
but i like pecans
does it taste like the pie?

Ooh I LOVE the pie! It is not quite like the pie.

The actual ice cream is....buttery and nutty at the same time. And then you have the pieces of pecans. I think the brand I bought they have pureed some pecans into the ice cream. The sugar content reads high but by the second scoop I felt like the butteriness balanced out the sweetness.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oh God now I want ice cream soooooo badly! (And there's none in the freezer :(2)

I've never heard of purple yam flavor before, is it good? I love red bean mochi, is it kinda like that?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful people!!!!!

I saw the ice cream truck again on my afternoon school run, chased it down and purchased another two tubs of butter pecan!!!

I'm well stocked and feeling powerful now muhahaha :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful people!!!!!

I saw the ice cream truck again on my afternoon school run, chased it down and purchased another two tubs of butter pecan!!!

I'm well stocked and feeling powerful now muhahaha :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Woohoo Butter Pecanlicious! I am glad all my butter pecan vibes are being successful. :bigsmile:

The question remains...cone or cup/plate?

butterpecan2.gif

butterpecanlicious.png

You cannot go wrong with either though...yummmm. Enjoy!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo Butter Pecanlicious! I am glad all my butter pecan vibes are being successful. :bigsmile:

The question remains...cone or cup/plate?

butterpecan2.gif

butterpecanlicious.png

You cannot go wrong with either though...yummmm. Enjoy!

if it's a waffle cone im in

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love butter pecan and I serve it along side homemade apple and pumpkin pies.
We have a local shop that makes homemade peach ice cream when peaches are in season. They sell out really fast.
Love coffee ice cream and pumpkin ice cream But my new fave for the last year is macha or Japanese green tea ice cream.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Wait your ice cream trucks sell "bulk" ice cream? Where I'm from (North East US) the ice cream trucks typically just sell individual treats - a single ice cream bar, ice cream sandwich, a cup of italian ice, a popsicle, etc.

When I was a kid there used to be a truck (Mr. Softee) that sold those types of treats but also, and this made them even better, had on-board soft ice cream (or custard as some call it) and you could get a vanilla, chocolate or twice soft ice cream cone or even milkshakes if I remember correctly. But I've never seen an ice cream truck sell pints or quarts of ice cream.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok now I am going to get ice cream after work and throw in some Kaluha or Rumchatta

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the best butter pecan ice cream I have ever had at the last place I would have expected! The gas station just down the road has a local ice cream! So good!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Y'all making me crave ice cream now lol

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite ice cream is Graeter's and they ship!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite ice cream is Graeter's and they ship!

Do they ship!?! They did a candy cane ice cream that was everything I had been searching for. Couldn't find it the next year.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Do they ship!?! They did a candy cane ice cream that was everything I had been searching for. Couldn't find it the next year.

They do. I have never ordered because I was able to find it at the store, but they actually do. So does Jenny's ice cream.

I have had good luck finding it at Fresh Market and similar stores. Where I live the regular grocery stores don't carry it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of butter pecan what a timely bump of this thread. We just had a new butter pecan flavor yesterday and it was sooooo good. Butter pecan brittle. Home made. I tasted it (Greg ordered it) and I am getting that today. And it is vegan! It is ubelievable. Best tasting Butter pecan I ever had and that is saying something.

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 6.41.45 AM.png

Can you see the butter pecan brittle? Homemade. :lickout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results