shape
carat
color
clarity

Missy!!!!! I found it!!!! I found butter pecan ice cream.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy

I found it!!!! I finally found it!!!!

I haven't eaten it yet as I'm saving it for dessert tomorrow night.

There is this mythical ice cream truck that drives around Sydney and stocks this ice cream. For the past month DS8 and I have been listening out for the truck but to no avail.

Today as I was driving him home from school I saw the truck. I pulled over at once, instructed the kid to put on some clothes (very hot in Australia right now so he rides home in his undies) and we ran like crazy up to the truck. The man was a tad puzzled as to why we were so worked up!

I'm so excited!!! I hope it is yummy!! All these years of waiting! I'm almost scared to try it and shatter the magic of longing.

image.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohoo!!!!!

Remember if it’s not what you dreamed of there are different brands with varying quality. In the meantime you found one so woohoo and fingers crossed it’s all you hoped it would be. ❤️

51D9142A-6C26-4EED-B539-831E5FA7D525.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you enjoy it!

The one time I tried it it was too sweet/rich for me. But as Missy said, different brands, different recipes. I should probably
give it another try. My favorite ice cream is Coffee! I prefer a decent store brand over a name brand (weird, right?) If its
too rich I don't enjoy it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you enjoy it!

The one time I tried it it was too sweet/rich for me. But as Missy said, different brands, different recipes. I should probably
give it another try. My favorite ice cream is Coffee! I prefer a decent store brand over a name brand (weird, right?) If its
too rich I don't enjoy it.

Oh I love coffee ice cream too. You’re so right in that they vary widely among brands. Keep trying different butter pecans and I bet you’ll find a winner.

Not that I’m trying to tempt you or anything. I just want everyone to enjoy ice cream. Spreading the ice cream joy. :lol:

CF4A1416-FBB1-422E-998B-8D543C3C4C59.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have reservations about the sweetness. It says 26% sugar.

My favorite ice cream from the super market (Caramel Macadamia, love it, it is the best ice cream ever) is only 19% sugar so I haven't got huge expectations despite the excitement.

We have some excellent supermarket ice creams. Coles in particular seems to have found a secret formula where their ice cream is delicious and less sweet than other brands. They are not marketed as less or low sugar but the recipe is absolutely scrumptious with just the perfect level of sweetness.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking aloud, so please don't shoot me, however, how about making your own, by caramelising some pecan pieces with butter and maple or golden syrup, break into small pieces and mix into slightly softened good quality vanilla ice cream?

One can make a butterscotch sauce, either mix in with the above to form a ripple, or serve warm as a sauce on top of the ice cream.

DK ;)2

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited!!! I hope it is yummy!! All these years of waiting! I'm almost scared to try it and shatter the magic of longing.

Please please please, if you don't like it either don't tell us or lie. I don't think I could handle the disappointment of your disappointment

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butter Pecan Ice Cream ~ A Love Poem
APRIL 13, 2017 / ELLESPETH

Once almost
everyone but the most loved
and loving
has been dragged through the gutter
of personal offenses and
kicked out of the Royal Chambers
quietly
as suited,
then what?

I would suggest a crying fit
a spell cast round the place
a bottle of chilled
Spanish champagne,
followed by
German chocolate cake
butter pecan ice cream
and a kiss to the one remaining.

Ellespeth

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more poem if I may.

Butter Pecan Delight!

Pecans swelling in my mouth
like waves of rapture.
As mountains of sweet butter
flavored ice cream soothe my soul.
I hear angels serenading
in blissful laughter.
As I lay prostrate on the
fertile shores of content.
The sound of erotic jubilation
chime in the bowels of my
sultry loins.
Coated in creamy dreams of ecstasy
with each mouthwatering spoon
of delicious joy.
Cascading streams fluoresce my
senses with sensual decadence.
As visions of my salacious lovers
quivering in the pool of seductive
adulation beckon me to come.
Tiny pieces of pecans transform
into dancing divas swimming in my belly.
I hear the splashing of melted
creamy butter pecan ice cream as they
dip and flip in rhapsody.
I feel the chill of satisfaction
as digested morsels of ecstasy
leap from my lips!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please please please, if you don't like it either don't tell us or lie. I don't think I could handle the disappointment of your disappointment

Reminds me of that Peggy Lee song...

:wink2:

@mellowyellowgirl may the butter pecan ice cream exceed your expectations. :pray:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love Baskin Robbins 31 flavors of ice cream. My 2 favorites are Jamocha almond fudge and butter pecan. Unfortunately due to growing lactose intolerance as I’m getting older, ice cream does not love me....I can only have occasional spoonfuls here and there. Preferably at home....

I did recently find an amazing Ube ice cream, sold at none other than Walmart! If was delicious, Such a rare Asian flavored ice cream found at good ol Walmart, who knew?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's it, all these talks of ice cream, I shall raid the freezer for a salted caramel coated with chocolate and honeycomb piece ice lolly in a mo, yum yum!

DK :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread also made me go to the freezer to check on my Ube ice cream, to see how much I have left! I might have some this afternoon...it is only 10am right now, and I just finished breakfast :) A1FB39A8-409E-4028-93B4-D5690D7F1D80.jpeg

It’s always the right time for ice cream :)

This thread made eat icecream!

Haagen dasz Peanut Butter Crunch, 'cause we don't have a mythical truck!!!

Yummmmmmm.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread also made me go to the freezer to check on my Ube ice cream, to see how much I have left! I might have some this afternoon...it is only 10am right now, and I just finished breakfast :) A1FB39A8-409E-4028-93B4-D5690D7F1D80.jpeg

That's one of my favourites when I was growing up in HK!

DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread made eat icecream!

Haagen dasz Peanut Butter Crunch, 'cause we don't have a mythical truck!!!

Not sure if it is available in UK again or not. It stopped being available due to issues with peanut allergy some years ago. It was delicious!

I like Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter cup, which is what I normally have as a milkshake when I go to the cinemas that have a B&J counter.

DK :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently have a kidney infection and can't eat fats.

You people are killing me.
(Rum raisin or the famed coffee for me.)

ETA And @mellowyellowgirl - you SLAYED me when you talked about your son driving home in his undies because of the heat. Only in Australia! Oh! How I miss home! (Pass that ice cream, please....)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jamoca Almond Fudge, pralines and Cream and moose Tracks! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently have a kidney infection and can't eat fats.

You people are killing me.
(Rum raisin or the famed coffee for me.)

ETA And @mellowyellowgirl - you SLAYED me when you talked about your son driving home in his undies because of the heat. Only in Australia! Oh! How I miss home! (Pass that ice cream, please....)

@mrs-b I’m so sorry about your kidney infection. Here’s fat free ice cream. Just for you ❤️ And bucketloads of healing vibes. XO.

5347EC1F-FE3D-4FAB-A103-A8707D7EF15C.jpeg
6A1290EE-9CDC-42EA-B00F-3E9424A280FA.jpeg CF93C242-6840-4BE7-8F91-612007C4CBF0.jpeg

A few options for you to choose from since I don’t know your preference.
Feel better!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love you guys!!!!! You are such a fun lot!!!

About to try it soon!!! I even skipped afternoon tea to deprive myself of sweets so that I would have a "fresh" palette for it!

Ooh I love coffee ice cream too!!! I have a scoop of it with chocolate torta caprese (Giada De Laurentiis recipe). So so so yummy!!!

Hubby is still looking for the perfect rum and raisin. Everything he's tried always smells a bit acrid. Way too strong!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked it! It was good! It was very rich and quite sweet though. It did have a lovely buttery taste which I really liked.

So final verdict is: I liked it. Not the the point where I'm clinging onto the box and freaking out about when/how I will find it again but I will happily finish this box and buy another if I see the truck again.

Attachments

• PXL_20201113_123303653.jpg
    PXL_20201113_123303653.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 18

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am not a big ice cream eater (lactose intolerant) so when I do have some I want it to be worth the potential discomfort. I love southern butter pecan and that is what I usually go for. I have to add a recommendation for Death by Chocolate Kroger brand (Kroger is the name of the grocery store) Chocolate ice cream with chunks of chocolate pieces with roasted almonds. Yummmmm - they don't have it where I live but when I visit my mom I always have some since there is a Kroger nearby. That would be my top choice. Also if you can find them in your area I really like the Dove dark chocolate raspberry sorbet bars - not ice cream but delicious and I have no problem with sorbet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results