carat
color
clarity

missing mail...out for delivery 4 days ago

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@LightBright @Calliecake

Thanks, whooohooo! again, thanks for the friendly moral support

The post is a complete mystery to be now days, due to decreased volumn/ profit we only get delivery 3 days a week - i have no idea what days they are
couriers on the other hand seem to deliver any time
Way out in the 'burps on the very outskirts of the city the courier seems to deliver at the end of the day on the way home
[/QUOTE]

Wow, 3 days a week and not sure the days. That would be a challenge. Are you in the burbs on the outside of a main city?

What a crime story!
Hoping for an update here!

Our house is tricky to find, so whenever it's a subcontractor and they're not particularly motivated, it get super annoying for me (claimed attempts that never happened etc..) . Had the "out for delivery" for several days lots of times...
The mail lady a nd the regular parcel guy and ups/FedEx know us, though, so that's reliable.

I suspect the "out for delivery" might just mean the carrier has it, but who knows...on a heavy day maybe they offload what they can't handle and add it in for the next day.

Contractors and subcontractors seem to be the most undependable bunch sometimes. We contacted to have a home improvement and on that day...no one. They just did a no call, no show. If they had the "I can't find it" I am sure they would use that.

I hope you get your bracelet @moneymeister !
I have had things marked as delivered but we never got it (clothes), things delivered then gone missing & then show up later, stuff for ppl 5 blocks away show up. Just very weird.

Then again, my parents got an rsvp to my wedding (from their next door neighbor) years after I got married! Was lost in the mail for a few years.

Wow, just how does that happen? We've had a few cross deliveries, but that was my fault with an address change and using the wrong house number - totally on me!

I once awaited a ring delivered from Germany. All fine, then updates stopped. Forever and ever and ever.... then, one fine day, it was miraculously delivered just like that. And still no update...

Would you have customs? I'm curious. I am glad it showed up eventually. I hope these stories can help the next lady waiting for a package. It seems that eventually they turn up....eventually.

I bought a dress that disappeared into thin air for 4 weeks.The seller gave me a full refund & 10 days later it turned up. Now I'm waiting on a turquoise necklace that has also disappeared.It should have been here 2 weeks ago. The seller is going to issue a refund. I absolutely hate it when that happens.

I also hate it so much. That poor seller having the inconvenience and potential loss (if they do not insure). It's bad enough some buyers may be dishonest (sellers too).

Same thing happened to me. Delivery was marked as delivered and nothing was there. I called the company I ordered from and they asked did I want a replacement or refund. I said replacement. They sent it right over within 2 days. But then the original order showed up (despite being marked delivered over 2 weeks prior) so I sent it back to the company. Why does USPS mark things delivered before they are actually delivered? I spoke with them via phone and she said they aren't supposed to do that but they occasionally do.

Glad your package is on its way to you @moneymeister!
I hope it is rubylicious! :love:

Thank you Missy. From my sketchy understanding of the USPS there are sorters working nearly round the clock to sort items. Occasionally it gets tossed into the wrong sort bin and that sets off all sorts of issues. My guess is that is what happened here. Probably to most of us with the strange stories of our jewelry taking exotic trips off the route.

I hope it's rubyliscous too!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mailed a check just over 3 weeks ago from MA to PA. It would've normally taken a few days but it took a full 3 weeks from the day I mailed it to the day it arrived.

I was going to put a stop payment on the check except the person mentioned that while she was getting mail, there were other things she had expected the same week that she was still waiting for.

There was a freeze put on postal worker overtime which was put on hold for the election period. Is that back in place? If so, this could explain some delays. Things could be scanned for the next step and then sit there.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Twice in the past month I had Bling items update to Delivered status but I couldn’t find it. Both happy endings. Once it got delivered to a neighbor accidentally. And once it was delivered to a drop point but the nature of the international tracking didn’t allow for that level of detail so it just said Delivered.

I’ve also had packages arrive a week after being marked delivered. Who knows.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought a dress that disappeared into thin air for 4 weeks.The seller gave me a full refund & 10 days later it turned up. Now I'm waiting on a turquoise necklace that has also disappeared.It should have been here 2 weeks ago. The seller is going to issue a refund. I absolutely hate it when that happens.

Im sad to think the tourquoise is out there lost somewhere

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@moneymeister we live in a small provincal city but its a nation wide cut back by NZ post
they reduced the posties too so now although its less days the postie has a huge run to cover
they also stoped with the next day delivery option for letters
it costs $1.40 to post a letter these days
i notice the local hospital use a smaller rival company to deliver their mail

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
It has been driving me nuts, but I have it now. I did not receive it yesterday, but saw a notice it was being held ta the PO at my request, so I showed up at the PO and they found it. It had been missorted. 20201124_095911.jpg 20201124_095908.jpg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm relieved!
I was worried for you.
It is beautiful, and the gold looks so rich and yellow!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I'm relieved!
I was worried for you.
It is beautiful, and the gold looks so rich and yellow!

Thank you. I really didn't want it to be refunded. I really like it. The rubies are...not sure. Very something treated. I won't look too close :)

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It has been driving me nuts, but I have it now. I did not receive it yesterday, but saw a notice it was being held ta the PO at my request, so I showed up at the PO and they found it. It had been missorted. 20201124_095911.jpg 20201124_095908.jpg

Phew !
Glad its finally on your wrist
Its beautiful and completly understandable of all your worry

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I really didn't want it to be refunded. I really like it. The rubies are...not sure. Very something treated, I suspect close up. I won't look too close :)

Just enjoy her pretty company =)2

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
So ecstatic that you received a happy ending here!

I ordered an antique blue sapphire & rose cut diamond ring from Canada per UPS & it made it all the way to being scanned "Out for Delivery" but was lost and after pushing for an investigation the ripped open box was found but the ring and ring box was stolen.

It honestly was so violating at the time & I truly lost all faith in UPS. Especially because they didn't take any accountability & even suggested that customs most likely took it. Sure, that makes a lot of sense, I'm sure a ripped open box would travel from the Can/US border all the way to NM & then ALSO happen to get lost ON the delivery truck. Makes perfect sense! I will request USPS or FedEx only from now on.

Stolen ring :snore:
bluesapphir.jpg

Ring I just purchased to make up for it ❤
Screenshot_20201119-172843.png
I hope no other PS has to experience what I did & I'm so happy that yours was found!!! :appl:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay, glad to hear it has been found!

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I ordered an antique blue sapphire & rose cut diamond ring from Canada per UPS & it made it all the way to being scanned "Out for Delivery" but was lost and after pushing for an investigation the ripped open box was found but the ring and ring box was stolen.

It honestly was so violating at the time & I truly lost all faith in UPS. Especially because they didn't take any accountability & even suggested that customs most likely took it. Sure, that makes a lot of sense, I'm sure a ripped open box would travel from the Can/US border all the way to NM & then ALSO happen to get lost ON the delivery truck. Makes perfect sense! I will request USPS or FedEx only from now on.

bluesapphir.jpg

I hope no other PS has to experience what I did & I'm so happy that yours was found!!! :appl:

My mouth is hanging open in disgust :-o :(2:angryfire:
Customs usually tape a package they have opened back up here - with tape that says opened by customs or something like that
Shame on the USP trying to deflect the blame

we once had a bad postie
i don't think anything of ours went missing but he had all this mail stashed at his house
months latter i found a whole pile of soggy wet composting addressed but by then unreadable mail under our hedge
Mainly magazines but a baby cardigan someone had knitted for a new baby

I hope the person that stole your ring loses it at the beach or the park and some much nicer person finds it and gives it to a girl friend or mother who deserves it and will take care of it and love it

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bluesapphir.jpg

I had the same thing happen with UPS and it was within the US (no customs). What frustrated me was UPS pulled the box because they noticed it was tampered with. The sender had to file a claim to find out what happened. Glad you got a beautiful makeup ring!

So happy @MMtwo got a happy ending too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous! Looks right at home on your lovely wrist. :)

My mailman is the worst. I bought a pre-loved Pearl Paradise Tahitian necklace from a lovely PS member who lives in Canada. My mailman tried to convince me that the lost necklace was a previous priority mail purchase. I just went to the post office and sorted it out. He is getting a minimal tip this year and the only reason I am tipping him is so that all my important mail does not end up lost.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

bluesapphir.jpg

The stolen ring - that is heartbreaking. Let's hope they figured out who did it. While Make-up ring does not make it right...what a glorious comeback - it's beautiful. Do you have a thread on make-up ring?

I may ask people shipping items of value to send registered mail. At least that custody chain would be visible. Our UPS guy just sets things in our driveway between the garage door - visible to anyone driving by. He/she does not bother to walk another 15 feet and put it under the enclosed porch. So annoying.

Yay, glad to hear it has been found!

DK :))

Thanks DK :)

I had the same thing happen with UPS and it was within the US (no customs). What frustrated me was UPS pulled the box because they noticed it was tampered with. The sender had to file a claim to find out what happened. Glad you got a beautiful makeup ring!

So happy @MMtwo got a happy ending too!

Thanks limosun!

Gorgeous! Looks right at home on your lovely wrist. :)

My mailman is the worst. I bought a pre-loved Pearl Paradise Tahitian necklace from a lovely PS member who lives in Canada. My mailman tried to convince me that the lost necklace was a previous priority mail purchase. I just went to the post office and sorted it out. He is getting a minimal tip this year and the only reason I am tipping him is so that all my important mail does not end up lost.

Thanks LisaRN. Ugh, what is with these carriers. I called the PO, I talked to the carrier twice - all the while it was missorted and sitting at the Post Office. I wonder if something has happened to make things far less functional than before. That or maybe I have been lucky until now.

Glad you received the necklace.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results