shape
carat
color
clarity

missing mail...out for delivery 4 days ago

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, the new to me ruby bracelet has disappeared. Sent from vendor (100% feedback/high numbered seller) on the 14th priority. Arrived at my town Monday and tagged out for delivery. Then....crickets.No delivery complete status. Mailperson has no help (shrug, wrote down number, took it back), calls to the post office not returned.

Has anyone ever had ghost mail eventually show up?
I'm starting to lose hope.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
You can request a search on the website.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
You can request a search on the website.

Thanks, I asked the seller to do so. I feel terrible for us both. The Post Office said it was not insured except for default amount. I've never had anything missing like this in recent memory.

Did your package show up?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, the new to me ruby bracelet has disappeared. Sent from vendor (100% feedback/high numbered seller) on the 14th priority. Arrived at my town Monday and tagged out for delivery. Then....crickets.No delivery complete status. Mailperson has no help (shrug, wrote down number, took it back), calls to the post office not returned.

Yes
Don't panic
I once got a parcel (ironically with a braclete in it) 6 months after it was posted overseas
I don't know what had happened - it had no postage stamps on it when it arrived
Once i sent something to mum and forgot to write the street in
i just addressed to to mum willmott
musselburgh Dunedin
luckery we had an uncommon sir name here

another time i had a couried item go missing for 10 days.
It was a Bruce Springsteen item - i think a dvd but it might have been a cd
it was a skinny package and had fallen down inside one of the big cages they use to transport freight in and was constantly being overlooked to go out for delivery- that was 10 long days - you should have seen the smilie on the courier driver who finally delivered it to my work
And these things didn't even happen in a pandemic year !

Don't give up yet, freight volumes are through the roof right now

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Yes
Don't panic
I once got a parcel (ironically with a braclete in it) 6 months after it was posted overseas
I don't know what had happened - it had no postage stamps on it when it arrived
Once i sent something to mum and forgot to write the street in
i just addressed to to mum willmott
musselburgh Dunedin
luckery we had an uncommon sir name here

another time i had a couried item go missing for 10 days.
It was a Bruce Springsteen item - i think a dvd but it might have been a cd
it was a skinny package and had fallen down inside one of the big cages they use to transport freight in and was constantly being overlooked to go out for delivery- that was 10 long days - you should have seen the smilie on the courier driver who finally delivered it to my work
And these things didn't even happen in a pandemic year !

Don't give up yet, freight volumes are through the roof right now

You're the sweetest, @Daisys and Diamonds/ I appreciate the encouragement so much. Glad all of your trials ended up fine...esp the BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN item :) I like him too.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, I asked the seller to do so. I feel terrible for us both. The Post Office said it was not insured except for default amount. I've never had anything missing like this in recent memory.

Did your package show up?

No. It’s been over a year and I think someone stole it.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, I hope it will turn up soon!

DK :))

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have. I had a baby crib mattress show up a month later. How one loses a box the size of a crib mattress is beyond me. Stuff happens. Give it a little more time @moneymeister . There are lots of stores who have begun their Christmas deals early. I would expect some delays between that and so many people ordering on line due to covid.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a Jade bangle from eBay US and was eagerly watching its tracking to me until it suddenly stopped “updating” it’s progress and then went to “unable to locate, missing from container”.
Frantically I searched for what this could mean and the response was not good, basically a missing / lost / destroyed parcel never to be seen again.
While eBay is good with refunding your money, eventually, if a purchase is never received, darn it, I wanted that Jade bangle not a refund.
waiting, waiting waiting for the delivery cycle to end so I could, regrettably, claim under Ebays money back guarantee and it suddenly reappeared on tracking and was delivered to me a few days later, the parcel a little worse for wear, but nevertheless delivered. Took over 7 weeks.
Jade bangle was perfectly fine.
so don’t give up just yet.

boxbits

Shiny_Rock
I mailed a gift via USPS to a friend in the same city (in NYC, 20 blocks away) and it didn't arrive for over a month because it took a 3 week detour to Puerto Rico, then pinged around the Tri-State area before final delivery.

Anyway, don't give up hope! My fingers are crossed that your package simply went on vacation like mine and will show up soon. :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I mailed a gift via USPS to a friend in the same city (in NYC, 20 blocks away) and it didn't arrive for over a month because it took a 3 week detour to Puerto Rico, then pinged around the Tri-State area before final delivery.

Anyway, don't give up hope! My fingers are crossed that your package simply went on vacation like mine and will show up soon. :)

Cheap sightseeing tour

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have twice received mail that had been through a flood
Both arrived in a plastic bag with a note from the post office
thankfully the Bruce Springsteen books were wrapped in plastic inside the original package
The Christmas card was a little worse for wear and arrived in time for new year

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, I hope it will turn up soon!

DK :))

Thank you DK :)

I have. I had a baby crib mattress show up a month later. How one loses a box the size of a crib mattress is beyond me. Stuff happens. Give it a little more time @moneymeister . There are lots of stores who have begun their Christmas deals early. I would expect some delays between that and so many people ordering on line due to covid.

Ha, how in the WORLD does someone misplace a baby mattress? I am glad it finally arrived. It does make sense - things do happen. I really needed to hear a few stories of hope. I have been so excited to see that bracelet. I love rubies.

And ring pops ;-)

I bought a Jade bangle from eBay US and was eagerly watching its tracking to me until it suddenly stopped “updating” it’s progress and then went to “unable to locate, missing from container”.
Frantically I searched for what this could mean and the response was not good, basically a missing / lost / destroyed parcel never to be seen again.
While eBay is good with refunding your money, eventually, if a purchase is never received, darn it, I wanted that Jade bangle not a refund.
waiting, waiting waiting for the delivery cycle to end so I could, regrettably, claim under Ebays money back guarantee and it suddenly reappeared on tracking and was delivered to me a few days later, the parcel a little worse for wear, but nevertheless delivered. Took over 7 weeks.
Jade bangle was perfectly fine.
so don’t give up just yet.

Glad the bangle made it. If these boxes could talk! I'm not even close to asking for a refund. I'll wait it out for a few weeks.

Oh Boxbits - how in the world does and inter-city mailing go to PR? That is completely crazy. I am glad it got there. Thanks for the encouragement.

I have twice received mail that had been through a flood
Both arrived in a plastic bag with a note from the post office
thankfully the Bruce Springsteen books were wrapped in plastic inside the original package
The Christmas card was a little worse for wear and arrived in time for new year

D&D dear lady, glad it all eventually was sorted. Nice you also got a little note too.
I am so thankful for the hope , friends!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I can understand your anguish.
I sure hope this bracelet shows up soon!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How frustrating! I’m sorry you are going through this.

I had a USPS package not show up either. It was shown as delivered. When I inquired in person at the post office they told me that the mail carrier had dropped off the package at my front door and they actually had a photo of the package at my front door. I left them my name and phone number just in case.

I sadly concluded that someone had stolen it from my front step. This would not be difficult for my urban neighborhood, but it really puzzled me. No one on my neighborhood group had ever reported packages stolen.

A few days after that, I received a call from my local post office. They had my package. It somehow showed up in their (large) facility, even though the mail carrier had entered it into the system as delivered several days prior and they had a photo of it taken on my front steps.

I have no idea what happened but I was very relieved. I don’t think the sender even insured it. It was USPS first class mail. A nice vintage necklace. I love it, and it restored my faith in both my neighborhood and the US mail system. I hope you find your package soon!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Someone brought positive energy. Thanks for the good vibes! I think it's on it's way.
They did not attempt to deliver on a Saturday night. I can only guess that resets the system for Monday :)

Screenshot_20201121-205059_Samsung capture.jpg

Last edited:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wow. I can understand your anguish.
I sure hope this bracelet shows up soon!

Thank you for the support, stracci2000

How frustrating! I’m sorry you are going through this.

I had a USPS package not show up either. It was shown as delivered. When I inquired in person at the post office they told me that the mail carrier had dropped off the package at my front door and they actually had a photo of the package at my front door. I left them my name and phone number just in case.

I sadly concluded that someone had stolen it from my front step. This would not be difficult for my urban neighborhood, but it really puzzled me. No one on my neighborhood group had ever reported packages stolen.

A few days after that, I received a call from my local post office. They had my package. It somehow showed up in their (large) facility, even though the mail carrier had entered it into the system as delivered several days prior and they had a photo of it taken on my front steps.

I have no idea what happened but I was very relieved. I don’t think the sender even insured it. It was USPS first class mail. A nice vintage necklace. I love it, and it restored my faith in both my neighborhood and the US mail system. I hope you find your package soon!

How strange, I wonder if a kid picked it up and lugged it home and a parent made them take it to the Post Office and set things right. How wonderful it came to you! I appreciate the support so much!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone brought positive energy. Thanks for the good vibes! I think it's on it's way.
They did not attempt to deliver on a Saturday night. I can only guess that resets the system for Monday :)

Screenshot_20201121-205059_Samsung capture.jpg

Phew
its alive out there

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fantastic news! I’m happy things seem to be headed in the right direction!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it here yet ?

The post is a complete mystery to be now days, due to decreased volumn/ profit we only get delivery 3 days a week - i have no idea what days they are
couriers on the other hand seem to deliver any time
Way out in the 'burps on the very outskirts of the city the courier seems to deliver at the end of the day on the way home

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a crime story!
Hoping for an update here!

Our house is tricky to find, so whenever it's a subcontractor and they're not particularly motivated, it get super annoying for me (claimed attempts that never happened etc..) . Had the "out for delivery" for several days lots of times...
The mail lady a nd the regular parcel guy and ups/FedEx know us, though, so that's reliable.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you get your bracelet @moneymeister !
I have had things marked as delivered but we never got it (clothes), things delivered then gone missing & then show up later, stuff for ppl 5 blocks away show up. Just very weird.

Then again, my parents got an rsvp to my wedding (from their next door neighbor) years after I got married! Was lost in the mail for a few years.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
I once awaited a ring delivered from Germany. All fine, then updates stopped. Forever and ever and ever.... then, one fine day, it was miraculously delivered just like that. And still no update...

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock

I bought a dress that disappeared into thin air for 4 weeks.The seller gave me a full refund & 10 days later it turned up. Now I'm waiting on a turquoise necklace that has also disappeared.It should have been here 2 weeks ago. The seller is going to issue a refund. I absolutely hate it when that happens.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same thing happened to me. Delivery was marked as delivered and nothing was there. I called the company I ordered from and they asked did I want a replacement or refund. I said replacement. They sent it right over within 2 days. But then the original order showed up (despite being marked delivered over 2 weeks prior) so I sent it back to the company. Why does USPS mark things delivered before they are actually delivered? I spoke with them via phone and she said they aren't supposed to do that but they occasionally do.

Glad your package is on its way to you @moneymeister!
I hope it is rubylicious! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results