shape
carat
color
clarity

Miracle workers - jumbo backs. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK PSers. This post just tells you how much of an earring newbie I am. I have had my studs for two years, and just yesterday for the first time they are worn properly. I had the regular friction backs before and one got really loose from my DIY attempt to make some adjustments. So I bit the bullet and ordered the jumbo backs from Whiteflash and I was aghast at the cost. $275 for a pair of platinum ones. Still grumbling about the cost, I opened the FedEx package. $275 for that? I tried them on. My post is super fine as only WF can make it. The backs fit perfectly secure and I got an earring lift just like that. I'm thrilled. I will have to eat my words and now I can say they were totally worth it.

I just wanted to share in case anyone is considering jumbo backs. Or I may be I am the only idiot that didn't know the difference they can make. It's probably the later. :lol:

_4880.jpeg

_4881.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Did they droop before the larger backs? I have a pair of larger backs in my jewelry box - now I'm going to try them. Thank you for sharing your info!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie, this is how it usually looks, or more droopy. See the difference?

_1292.png

Q

Queenie60

Yes, I do see the difference! Thank you. This will fix the drooping I have with my new earring jackets. Forgot I had a pair of the larger backs until your post!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great on you, LLJsmom! :appl: I've already been a total convert to jumbo backs with my studs from a few years back, thanks to Yssie! :))

cloma

Rough_Rock
I've been wearing jumbo backs with all of my stud earrings for the last ten years. Love them! Also, I have never lost an earring.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
an amazing invention, right? I have droopy ear lobs and what a difference!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your beautiful studs are perfectly placed on your ears now LLJsmom. :love: It is an amazing transformation. Love those jumbo backs. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy to hear that it works for everyone. (smart enough to try them) ;-)

I feel like a caveman who just discovered fire.

The stud is now on the right spot on my ear. In fact my stud tilts a little upward if I tighten it and the stone catches more light and looks brighter and more sparkly. And I discovered that my holes are not in the wrong place on my ear. For the longest time I thought they pierced it in the wrong spot.

I can't help laughing at myself. OMG. What a newbie :lol: So now I'm afraid of getting any earrings that don't accommodate a jumbo back. Oh well. That's ok. This is the only pair of earrings I can wear anyway... The other pair I own have is missing a back.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful placement on your ears now! I can truly see the difference. Thanks for sharing your experience. Your earrings are absolutely beautiful! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - that is awesome! It's like the wonderbra of studs!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1469220992|4058431 said:

:lol:

These are great- what sort of size are they? Do you have a pic? I have the same problem with my larger studs but have tiny earlobes.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1469266847|4058548 said:
PintoBean|1469220992|4058431 said:

:lol:

These are great- what sort of size are they? Do you have a pic? I have the same problem with my larger studs but have tiny earlobes.
I will measure them later today. Here is a comparison pic showing that it is bigger than both my regular backs put together. And I think the height difference helps keep the stud "up" on the ear, cause it holds more of the length of the post, KWIM?

_4914.jpeg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, I see how that would work, what a simple but fab idea!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That makes a huge difference!

I wish I had studs large enough to give me a stud-drooping problem! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have jumbo backs, too. They make a world of difference in how the earrings sit on the ear.

Q

Queenie60

Hi LLJsmom - thank you for reminding me about these jumbo backs! I fished mine out this morning and they certainly make a difference with the drooping factor! I completely forgot I had them - what a difference they make!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1469307023|4058693 said:
Hi LLJsmom - thank you for reminding me about these jumbo backs! I fished mine out this morning and they certainly make a difference with the drooping factor! I completely forgot I had them - what a difference they make!
You're most welcome. Glad my ignorance is of some use. You should post pics in your thread of how it looks now. I still need to check it out.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great result! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh they work like a charm! What a huge difference! Your earrings look perfect on you now LLJsmom, I'm really happy for you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a difference! I basically quit wearing my studs due to
Wimpy earlobes that couldn't support .5 stones. I should probably get a pair of these!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
My studs are only .41ct each and Brian Gavin recommended larger backs even at that size. It does make a world of difference.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They make a world of difference. Sweet.

Q

Queenie60

Yes!! They certainly make a difference. Have been wearing mine today and can notice the "lift." Thank you again LLJsmom!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1469410292|4058968 said:
Yes!! They certainly make a difference. Have been wearing mine today and can notice the "lift." Thank you again LLJsmom!!

Yay!! That is so cool Queenie60. So glad it worked for you. I never take off my earrings and I can even sleep with them comfortably.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I also had to get jumbo backs when I got my small .85 tcw studs from BGD a couple years ago, but now I can't NOT wear wear them. I use the jumbo backs for every pair of earrings I own because they make my earings look much better, and my earlobes less droopy. I have droppy lobes and stretched out holes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jaysonsmom|1469571474|4059625 said:
I also had to get jumbo backs when I got my small .85 tcw studs from BGD a couple years ago, but now I can't NOT wear wear them. I use the jumbo backs for every pair of earrings I own because they make my earings look much better, and my earlobes less droopy. I have droppy lobes and stretched out holes.

I needed to hear this.....I have some heavy earrings and with deflated lobes...I need help! This sounds like just what (the) "Dr. Lobe" ordered :dance:

cheers--Sharon

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
This is a very timely thread for me. I just got some jumbo backs for my studs, too, and it is AMAZING what a difference they make!

I have a question, though. My backs are in 14kt white gold while my studs are 18kt white gold. Does this matter at all? If I had been paying attention, I would have made sure I bought the 18kt backs simply because my earrings are 18kt. I can't return these, but if difference in kt gold will somehow harm my earring posts, I'll go ahead and reorder them in 18kt gold.

cherij0411

Shiny_Rock
My jewelry tried to charge me a ton for them instead I went on Ebay and purchased a pair of stainless steel jumbo back for less then 20 bucks and they do the job!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do the jumbo backs fit all posts or do you have to order by size?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results