shape
carat
color
clarity

Mint tourmaline swaparoo - part I

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
I am continuing to be a worthless PS-er by getting sucked into work and disappearing from PS for long periods, but I wanted to come back and put up the update to this effort. In Nov I posted about swapping a tourmaline ring stone to a necklace and a necklace to a ring:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mint-tourmaline-swaparoo.195054/

Well, I got half of it done - Quest was able to add a lovely milgrained shank AND preserve the beautiful underside that the necklace setting already had. Here are pics!

Inside....

Outside...

photo_503.jpg

photo_504.jpg

photo_505.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
In the shade...

View of gallery that Quest was able to maintain:

Side view where the shank meets the underside of the center. They really did a flawless job in my opinion, you can't even tell this wasn't the original setting.

photo_506.jpg

photo_507.jpg

photo_508.jpg

photo_509.jpg

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
One more handshot just because.

General reactions are that I pretty much love everything they did. Granted, the center stone was already set in a lovely design, but they were able to add to it in such a way that I think it looks like perfect. And it was very economical - I had them use diamonds from a stacking ring that I'd fallen out of love with, so I just paid for the gold and custom work.

This is my 3rd custom project with Quest, and I'd say they are a strong 2.5 for 3. Their only misstep has been a garnet ring that came out in the wrong metal color but the resulting ring was so pretty, I didn't have them re-do it.

At any rate, thoughts? Better than a necklace?

photo_510.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Better than ANYTHING! That's just gorgeous. I'm drooling. They did a beautiful job -- I'm going to keep them in mind. You must be SO happy with it! Couldn't be improved in any way. Super.

--- Laurie

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! I remember your first thread, and I'm so happy for you. The ring looks completely beautiful, I love how it turned out. Great job completing this part of the project, Quest did a really good job!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
It's a terrific outcome for Part 1 :appl: I do adore this seafoamy colour tourmaline :lickout:
I trust that you will now enjoy wearing it much more often!

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
I love how this turned out - truly beautiful! I hope you wear it often and can't wait to see the pendant in part II!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I've had Quest do work also, and they are really great at doing fixes/redesigns.

What are the dimensions of your ring and pendant stones, for reference? I think they are a great size for their applications. Would you be willing to share where you bought the pendant mounting? I is gorgeous.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone, lovely profile and stunning ring. I would be happy to take that ring off your hands any time.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: LOVE. :love:

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin|1390183447|3596624 said:
It's a terrific outcome for Part 1 :appl: I do adore this seafoamy colour tourmaline :lickout:

Thanks so much everyone!

Starzin, yes definitely I am wearing it much more often now :)

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
pregcurious|1390185937|3596684 said:
Awesome! I've had Quest do work also, and they are really great at doing fixes/redesigns.

What are the dimensions of your ring and pendant stones, for reference? I think they are a great size for their applications. Would you be willing to share where you bought the pendant mounting? I is gorgeous.

Thanks pregcurious! According to my measurements, the smaller stone is 8x6.5mm, halo of course making it bigger. I think these pics make it appear larger than that, but to me, the size of it on my hand is perfect :)

The larger stone is 11x9mm...it is a beast. I think on a thread somewhere, I posted it was 11x14 but have no idea where those numbers came from, lol. Def 11x9.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, forgot the vendor - found the box and it looks like is from David Bachman? Hubby and I had originally seen the necklace at an Intergem show.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow this is stunning.. your colored stones are just simply beautiful. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color is amazing and the ring is just gorgeous!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your long absence is forgiven if you come back with such beauties. Your new ring is fabulous and there's nothing not to love. Wow, Quest did a fantastic job! :appl:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The stone is such a beautiful color - you must be absolutely thrilled to be able to see it when you look down at your hand now! The green is just gorgeous, and the halo really makes the color just pop :) Congrats on such a success!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Jereni. I think the sizes look perfect.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jereni, is it yellow gold with a white gold head? It looks like its yellow gold and I'm realizing that while I preach rose gold with mint stones, I love that gold color with your mint.

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all the compliments!

minous, yes it is mostly yellow gold, but the original design has white gold for the top side of the halo (even thought the basket is yellow). Now that I've added a yellow gold shank, I am really wishing there was no white gold at all.

Is it possible to do yellow gold plating over white gold? I would think that part of the ring wouldn't be rubbed much, so any plating would last awhile, no?

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love that setting with your stone!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Jereni|1390236567|3596959 said:
Starzin|1390183447|3596624 said:

Thanks so much everyone!

Starzin, yes definitely I am wearing it much more often now :)

Excellent! I drool because it reminds me of K9's and I can't forget rings like this (I don't think she posts anymore).

So pleased you're enjoying it more but as someone who has REALLY grazed facets on a tourmaline ring from wearing it nearly everyday to work - please don't. The rumour IS true and it will dull your to-die-for stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results