shape
carat
color
clarity

Minimum start for 4ct on LGD

Lavy

Rough_Rock
Good morning, I'm just starting my trek in looking for a 4ct lab grown diamond. Looking at LGD there are so many diamonds with such a wide variation of pricing. Is there a minimum price I should start at to get a good diamond. I find at the $2500 mark most are CVD with potential for treatment, is it more realisitic to look at the $4000 price point for an as grown?

Minimum specs
Size 4ct
Clarity Vs2
Color G
Cut Excellent

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Hello, Lavy!
I have a recommendation for you, when you're here and ready (in case you want to put it on hold before it gets sniped by a lurker).

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found two beautiful options for you between $3300-$4000.

Lavy

Rough_Rock
Sorry I'm late to respond, I'm buying for my mother so I want to be ready to go when I get your suggestions so I don't miss out.

She is wondering what the incremental cost to go to a 5 ct diamond with similar specs would be? Would it be an incremental $1000-$2000 or significantly more?

TIA

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I'm late to respond, I'm buying for my mother so I want to be ready to go when I get your suggestions so I don't miss out.

She is wondering what the incremental cost to go to a 5 ct diamond with similar specs would be? Would it be an incremental $1000-$2000 or significantly more?

TIA

Here are suggestions closer to 4ct.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second and third ones below aren't cut as precisely as the others, but if she's not too picky about cut, they could work.

Lavy

Rough_Rock

Thank you!

Lavy

Rough_Rock

Is the depth at 62% an issue on the second one?

Lavy

Rough_Rock

I am kind of at a loss for which one I should get, which would you pick if the price was the same for both? The video for the F color actually looks more yellow than the G color but that's probably just the video? Go for clarity or color? Thoughts?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am kind of at a loss for which one I should get, which would you pick if the price was the same for both? The video for the F color actually looks more yellow than the G color but that's probably just the video? Go for clarity or color? Thoughts?

The color discrepancy you're seeing is likely just the result of the photography environment. I would go for color.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Is $5500 out of budget for clean HPHT five and a quarter carat?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful but yes a bit high for our budget. Any 4ct candidates?

$3300 - PA is a touch shallow but couples well with the slightly steeper CA...will be quite the firecracker because of the proportions.

Lavy

Rough_Rock
The color discrepancy you're seeing is likely just the result of the photography environment. I would go for color.

Thank you! I ended up ordering the 4.02 F VS1 you suggested on Adiamor on sale for $3000. I hope she loves it!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I ended up ordering the 4.02 F VS1 you suggested on Adiamor on sale for $3000. I hope she loves it!

You're very welcome! I hope you'll come back and share photos!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Excellent choice, Lavy!
Nice find, Kim N!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
That's a nice stone! Is that the going price for a nice 5 ct these days? $5000-$6000?

Hello, Engrgrl1!
Yep, seems so - at least from the popular online sellers. In fairness, I'd say $5000-12000 should be the expected range depending on color, clarity, cut precision, grading lab used, and business overhead/margin.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Just for fun, I'd enjoy it in different lighting while it's still out of a setting. Go outside in direct sunlight and then under a tree. In Costco/mall lighting then low indoor lighting. Overcast day. Side lighting from a window as the sun goes down.

It'll show you some amazing flashes and colors and sparkles. Congrats!

Lavy

Rough_Rock
Just for fun, I'd enjoy it in different lighting while it's still out of a setting. Go outside in direct sunlight and then under a tree. In Costco/mall lighting then low indoor lighting. Overcast day. Side lighting from a window as the sun goes down.

It funny you say that, I’ve been taking it with me wherever I go to look at it sparkle!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning and so sparkly, Lavy! :love:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ooh yes, my favorite lighting is under a broad leafy tree on a sunny day. The pastels are amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results