shape
carat
color
clarity

Minimum for ring insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

I know this might be somewhat of a stupid question... but what is considered the minimum for e-ring insurance? What about if you rent and don''t own a home yet?

I have been toying with the idea of getting ring insurance ... and was wondering how much does it cost monthly I guess?

Thanks guys for being so helpful!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the price of your ring. Jewelry Mutual can give you a quote online, IIRC.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Minimum price? Or minimum coverage?

I always tell people that if it would hurt you financially to have to replace the ring, then insure it.

Jeweler''s Mutual is happy to write a stand alone policy for a ring for any dollar amount even if it isn''t that much.

Blinginator

Rough_Rock
You should also look into Chubb, they''re policy is better in my opinion but costs more. Also, have you considered renter''s insurance? You can add a floater but typical insurance plans will only make the floater a max of 10% of your renter''s coverage, ie $20,000 ring will need at least $200,000 coverage.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Jewelers Mutual will cost you about $10 per $1000 amount of insured value. You ought to check out their website

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
PS stole my post.

What I said was, try renters insurance first. JM also takes into consideration State, city, security etc. My policy is way more than $10 per thousand. I think in some instance Chubb is less.

DentD

Rough_Rock
Ditto, we were able to add renters insurance and a ring policy to our auto insurance. Granted my ring isn''t that expensive but it still would have hurt us if we had to replace it ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results