shape
carat
color
clarity

Mind you, I haven''t seen the stone yet...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thegroom

Rough_Rock
My Ideal-scope arrived yesterday but the stone will not arrive until Monday. It is already set in a six-prong tiffany style setting but I''ve been told on this forum that the Ideal-scope will still work as long as I have adequate light(right?). The stone itself is as follows:

1.52 carot, H, VS1
diam 7.35 (7.32-7.3
4.gif

depth 4.53 mm 61.6%
crown 34.0 14.4%
pavil 40.8 43%
table 4.18 mm 57%
culet 0.9%
girdle 1.9-2.9%

Pol/Sym GIA EX/EX

By the numbers (which is all I have to go on until it arrives) my only two concerns are the crown angle, which is a bit shallow (according to AGA chart), and the girdle, which may or may not be on the thicker side(mabye I''m slow but girdles thicknesses have been a little confusing, GIA vs. AGS). My questions for all you experts out there are:

1. Is the shallower crown angle a concern? How might this effect the appearance? What should I look for with my ideal-scope?
2. Any concerns with the girdle?
3. I know the diameter is a bit small for a 1.52 (due to the larger girdle and depth% right?), but how much smaller will it appear than a 1.52 with a better spread?

I have a 30 days to return the stone and would like a heads-up on what I should be looking for with my idealscope to determine weather I should keep it or not. Also, the ring is supposed to come with an appraisal (by the company I bought it from I assume), but do you recommend I bring it in to a local gemologist for an appraisal or stone verification when it arrives? I would really love to give my girl an excellent performing stone but am afraid my novice eyes won''t be up to the task...Thanks for any advice you can give me,

Mick

james100

Rough_Rock
I thought I give you 2 stones for you to make a comparison.
A 1.52 H VS1 from superbcet
http://www.superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=689&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1

and one from GOG, a 1.51 H VS1
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_51ct_h_vs1__h%26a.htm

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results