shape
carat
color
clarity

"Mind clean" ring sizes?

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My engagement ring and my wedding band are sized differently by half a size. Would that bother you? They feel fine, but knowing that they're different drives me crazy! But I don want to pay for a resize.

Has anyone else been in a similar boat?

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
It wouldn't bother me, as I know my ring size may change over time. I can get my solitaire ering sized, but the eternity is stuck where it is. The mind clean aspect for me would be: 1. Does it fit well? and 2. Are the rings the same width-as in, does one of the bands stick out into the neighboring fingers more than another?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't think of anything that would bother me less than wearing two different ring sizes.

I wear a 7.5 Tiffany twist, my e ring is between 7.25 and 7.5 and my Trinity is a size 56, so I guess 3 different sizes ...

But we all have things that bother us, so don't think I'm judging. It's just funny, I really never even considered it until you mentioned it lol ::)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes bother me a lot, as well as different heights and width. But I am super matchy-matchy

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can live with a 1/4 size. Several of my rings I wear on my left sometimes are a 1/4 larger so I can wear them on both. The bands are less noticeable a top heavy ring could be more annoying.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would not bother me as long as they set together nicely. Sometimes, some places 7.25 is another places 7 (or 7.5).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1445650794|3941508 said:
I couldn't think of anything that would bother me less than wearing two different ring sizes.

I wear a 7.5 Tiffany twist, my e ring is between 7.25 and 7.5 and my Trinity is a size 56, so I guess 3 different sizes ...

But we all have things that bother us, so don't think I'm judging. It's just funny, I really never even considered it until you mentioned it lol ::)

Agreed. I have rings of different sizes (by a quarter of a size) and I can't think of anything that would bother me less either. To me, it makes no difference if my ring sizes are different - it just matters if they fit and/or they are comfortable. Some people purchase rings of different sizes on purpose (like if they are wearing them as a stacked set of rings for example).

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333|1445697633|3941610 said:
It would not bother me as long as they set together nicely. Sometimes, some places 7.25 is another places 7 (or 7.5).
This.
But if the height and outer edge don't line up (one sticks out further) then it drives me crazy. I don't know why but it just does :((

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all, over many years my upper ring (engagement ring) needs to be slightly larger because my lower ring has shrunk my finger. It has caused a kind of "muffin top" above it if that makes sense. Kinda like a waist trainer for my finger. They look the same level even with a small size difference. I guess I never think about it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kmarla|1445698601|3941616 said:
But if the height and outer edge don't line up (one sticks out further) then it drives me crazy. I don't know why but it just does :((

Ditto - differences in "height off the finger"/"depth" bug me enough that I often get less "deep" bands sized slightly larger so they match my other rings in outer diameter...

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so interesting! Differently sized rings DRIVE ME CRAZY :wall: but paying to have rings re-sized ALSO drives me crazy haha.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also worry about it weakening the ring over time. I've had some rings re-sized 2 or 3 times as I try to get it right. But perhaps metal gets harder the more it is worked on?

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
pearaffair|1445794193|3941988 said:
I also worry about it weakening the ring over time. I've had some rings re-sized 2 or 3 times as I try to get it right. But perhaps metal gets harder the more it is worked on?

This is a good question . . . I too wonder if it would be weakening the ring over time . . . .

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1445708509|3941665 said:
Not at all, over many years my upper ring (engagement ring) needs to be slightly larger because my lower ring has shrunk my finger. It has caused a kind of "muffin top" above it if that makes sense. Kinda like a waist trainer for my finger. They look the same level even with a small size difference. I guess I never think about it.

Ditto! I have the same issue as AprilBaby. If my rings are the same size they are uncomfortable. Narrow wedding band is size 5, engagement ring or ring worn above is 5.25 or 5.5 depending on its width.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pearaffair|1445648619|3941503 said:
My engagement ring and my wedding band are sized differently by half a size. Would that bother you? They feel fine, but knowing that they're different drives me crazy! But I don want to pay for a resize.
pear, I'm confused... why would you resize a ring that fits fine?

ETA: agree with tyty that rings are not consistently uniform in finger sizes across the board, regardless of who makes them and even if of the same width (wider bands typically require an uptick in size). Mandrels are not strictly standardized; not every jeweler, sales person, and customer uses a mandrel the same way (may differ as to which point on the mandrel they consider determinative); and a mandrel may not be strictly in line with whatever ring (or ring sizers) the jeweler or customer has-is seeking to match.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MollyMalone|1445798160|3942002 said:
pearaffair|1445648619|3941503 said:
pear, I'm confused... why would you resize a ring that fits fine?

ETA: agree with tyty that rings are not consistently uniform in finger sizes across the board, regardless of who makes them and even if of the same width (wider bands typically require an uptick in size). Mandrels are not strictly standardized; not every jeweler, sales person, and customer uses a mandrel the same way (may differ as to which point on the mandrel they consider determinative); and a mandrel may not be strictly in line with whatever ring (or ring sizers) the jeweler or customer has-is seeking to match.

It must be my jewellery OCD :errrr: Haha!

I also have a hard time mixing white gold, platinum, and silver together. It just bothers me! :shock:

Also, my ring that is half a size different is sometimes a tad tight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results