shape
carat
color
clarity

Mikimoto Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Mikimoto is known for their pearls but they also make some beautiful settings.

Mikimoto 1.jpg

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
What's the difference betw. 2 & 3??

I went to their site after reading your post yesterday.. I *really* would like to see their setting for RB solitaire. But too bad they only show it from face-up, and there is no side view on it at all.

Oh well...

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
There is no difference between 2 and 3. I saved the wrong picture as #3.

The side view of their Cartier-style 4-prong looks identical to the Cartier. I haven't been able to find any side views online, though.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I like that their center stones aren't ENORMOUS and make the rest us of little people with under 3cts feel sad... It was a very realistic and lovely elegant set of rings...

Thanks SuperIdealist!! More to lust after!
love.gif
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I definitely like what happened with the four prongs (rotate 45 degrees) - that setting (model) seems to have been made for one of those fancy roundish squares by H&A !

I never seen anyone going for the like of #5 here... and it would be my favorite style (something looking like a band with a stone burnished in the moddle - or close anyway)
1.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a big fan of Mikimoto. I've been to a few of their store (Beverly Hills and South Coast Plaza). Of course, their pearl pieces are absolutely stunning, but their diamond pieces are wonderful too. DROOL.....

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen that first "twist" setting somewhere before. I really like it!

helpmeplease

Rough_Rock
Anymore pix of the last one?

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I don't have any more pictures of this setting, but it looks just like the Cartier four-prong from the side. The only change Mikimoto has made to the Cartier setting is that their version has a bit of a rounded knife edge that is lacking in the original. I've seen both and personally prefer Mikimoto's version.

babblingal

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I may have to have my ring redone
12.gif

My husband is a HUGE fan of Mikimoto pearl jewelry. I have actually been to Mikimota Pearl Island in Japan. When I was there, though, it was just referred to as the Mikimoto Pearl place in Toba.
21.gif

Dang D.R. I'm gonna have to go to the Mikimoto site and see what other stuff they have. How could my husband have missed this?

Okay, help! I went to the site and could not find the settings! Where do I find them?????

oosh

Rough_Rock
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have seen the cartier declaration solitaire and love it. However I am set on wanting to use my own diamond and not a cartier. The mikimoto #6 image looks very close to the design. Do you know what the differences are between the 2 rings? I would love to see more pix if available, also can you use your own diamond with a mikimoto ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results