shape
carat
color
clarity

Mikimoto, Montblanc and untreated emeralds

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I've posted. Frankly, I didn't really want to visit the forum. Some of you expert sleuths may have seen my beautiful OMC ring go up for sale with Grace because well – my marriage ended. When most of your jewelry collection represents relationship milestones, it's tough to even open up your jewelry box.

I don't really want to go into too many details, but lately I've been traveling a lot of acquiring new pieces. I'll also be decluttering and selling a few pieces as I'd like to move on.

I was pretty bad at documenting my latest purchases but I have to share a few of the biggest ones, as I am elated about each piece.

Mikimoto in Tokyo
I had the immense pleasure of visiting Japan during cherry blossom season, and of course, I had to go to Mikimoto in Tokyo. Unfortunately, they STRICTLY forbid photos inside the store, which I found very unfortunate. They had a beautiful display of high jewelry that thematically represented the ephemeral sakura blossoms. I bought the Les Pétales bracelet, in a lovely soft pink gold, and a tiny pair of pearl studs with a little diamond.

I've been wearing the bracelet everyday, it goes perfectly with my rose gold Paper Flowers necklace from Tiffany's. My favorite part about the bracelet is that if it flips, it is reversible!

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Montblanc in Switzerland
I've been hunting for the perfect everyday watch for a while, and I've always been drawn to delicate feminine details and moon phase components. After trying on countless watches from top brands, Rolex, Omega, JLC, Cartier, IWC..you name it, I've tried it...nothing spoke to me quite like this stunner from Montblanc. It felt extra special to buy in in the country where it was made on a trip while I was visiting family. It also has an interchangeable strap - I can rotate a metal strap for winter months.

The details on the watch face are 18k rose gold. Perfectly matches my red and yellow gold daily collection.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1254 (1).jpg

Untreated emeralds from Inken at Enhoerning
Ahhh emeralds. Who doesn't covet a luscious, glowy emerald. Inken found me a delectable pair of untreated emeralds, they are uncerted but I have no intention of reselling these, they are the magnum opus of my "self love" journey in this new chapter of my life. They are 1.03 ct, 5.1 mm in diameter, 3.6 mm deep. Inken set them for me in a beautiful soft pink 20k rose gold (with yellow gold backings), so they'd go seamlessly with my rosy collection. They are not quite trade ideal green, being a tad paler (which is what I wanted). I'm smitten.

Video of pairs from Inken. I selected the largest pair - how could I not!

I asked for a design similar to the Elsa Perretti bezel studs from Tiffany's, its the perfect thickness of bezel IMO and I wanted a floating effect on my ear. Inken NAILED it. Perfectly executed, sleek and comfortable.

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

I'm truly sorry to hear about your life circumstances changing. I'm glad you've been able to treat yourself to these beauties. Those emeralds look fantastic on you - you wear them beautiful

Hugs to you, beautiful lady. Life can be tough, but we get up, dust ourselves down & go out there again to live to the fullest. You will get through this.

And oh my, what beautiful purchases! Pearls from Japan, a stunning bracelet that flips, the watch AND glowy emerald studs? May they bring you much joy & thank you so much for sharing.

Glad to see you here again, and sorry about the painful transition. Travel can be empowering, and your Mikimoto, Montblanc, and emeralds are a wonderful start to a new, wearable collection that celebrates you. Wear them in good health!

I love my Montblancs, although they're fountain pens, not watches.:razz:

I loooooove all the new pieces. And I love buying pieces during travels. My favorite souvenirs! Interesting that the mikimoto store didn’t allow photos, I wonder if that’s unique to their Japan store since I think quite a few folk have snapped photos in the NYC store at least. I adore that bracelet on you, so sparkly and refined!

I'm terribly sorry to hear about what you've been going through... one door closes and 10 more open. My best wishes to you. You're off to a rollicking good start too. Each piece is more droolworthy than the next! Especially those studs!!

H:

I thought you the other day. I am sorry to hear of your news--take care of yourself.

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous new pieces.

cheers--Sharon

It's been a while since I've posted. Frankly, I didn't really want to visit the forum. Some of you expert sleuths may have seen my beautiful OMC ring go up for sale with Grace because well – my marriage ended. When most of your jewelry collection represents relationship milestones, it's tough to even open up your jewelry box.

I don't really want to go into too many details, but lately I've been traveling a lot of acquiring new pieces. I'll also be decluttering and selling a few pieces as I'd like to move on.

I was pretty bad at documenting my latest purchases but I have to share a few of the biggest ones, as I am elated about each piece.

Mikimoto in Tokyo
I had the immense pleasure of visiting Japan during cherry blossom season, and of course, I had to go to Mikimoto in Tokyo. Unfortunately, they STRICTLY forbid photos inside the store, which I found very unfortunate. They had a beautiful display of high jewelry that thematically represented the ephemeral sakura blossoms. I bought the Les Pétales bracelet, in a lovely soft pink gold, and a tiny pair of pearl studs with a little diamond.

I've been wearing the bracelet everyday, it goes perfectly with my rose gold Paper Flowers necklace from Tiffany's. My favorite part about the bracelet is that if it flips, it is reversible!

IMG_0022.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1787.jpg

Montblanc in Switzerland
I've been hunting for the perfect everyday watch for a while, and I've always been drawn to delicate feminine details and moon phase components. After trying on countless watches from top brands, Rolex, Omega, JLC, Cartier, IWC..you name it, I've tried it...nothing spoke to me quite like this stunner from Montblanc. It felt extra special to buy in in the country where it was made on a trip while I was visiting family. It also has an interchangeable strap - I can rotate a metal strap for winter months.

The details on the watch face are 18k rose gold. Perfectly matches my red and yellow gold daily collection.

IMG_1783.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_1254 (1).jpg

Untreated emeralds from Inken at Enhoerning
Ahhh emeralds. Who doesn't covet a luscious, glowy emerald. Inken found me a delectable pair of untreated emeralds, they are uncerted but I have no intention of reselling these, they are the magnum opus of my "self love" journey in this new chapter of my life. They are 1.03 ct, 5.1 mm in diameter, 3.6 mm deep. Inken set them for me in a beautiful soft pink 20k rose gold (with yellow gold backings), so they'd go seamlessly with my rosy collection. They are not quite trade ideal green, being a tad paler (which is what I wanted). I'm smitten.

Video of pairs from Inken. I selected the largest pair - how could I not!

I asked for a design similar to the Elsa Perretti bezel studs from Tiffany's, its the perfect thickness of bezel IMO and I wanted a floating effect on my ear. Inken NAILED it. Perfectly executed, sleek and comfortable.

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1778.jpg

IMG_1788.jpg

Sending big hugs to you. I’ve always admired your style and I love seeing this fresh collection of pieces that are so quintessentially you! Thanks for sharing your beauty and your strength.

I’m very glad you found your way back to us! Your new pieces are glorious.

I honestly was thinking of you a week or so ago as we hadn't seen you for awhile! I thought that maybe once you had your ring your were done with jewelry for a bit. I am sorry to hear the news but so happy that you seem to be moving along and doing well. PS has been a wonderful respite for many as they navigate some of life's challenges. I hope you will stick around with us!

The new jewelry is spectacular! What a clever idea with the bracelet that is identical on both sides! It is beautiful and practical and solves the flipping issue. The pearl earrings are sweet as well. The new watch looks great on your wrist but those emeralds! Wow! The color is just amazing and they look so good in the bezels. I love your choices and thanks for sharing them with us. Hugs to you!!

Congratulations on new beginnings. I love all of your choices, especially those emeralds!

@Cerulean kudos to you for navigating through a tough patch and emerging stronger! Your new pieces are beautiful - and I hope all of us can find such lovely pieces that signify the journey of self love ❤️

Japan in sakura season must’ve been incredible, and the Mikimoto bracelet goes so well with your Tiffany paper flowers! Out of interest, would you wear your VCA Frivole with this perfectly “unmatched” set? =)2

@Cerulean kudos to you for navigating through a tough patch and emerging stronger! Your new pieces are beautiful - and I hope all of us can find such lovely pieces that signify the journey of self love ❤️

Japan in sakura season must’ve been incredible, and the Mikimoto bracelet goes so well with your Tiffany paper flowers! Out of interest, would you wear your VCA Frivole with this perfectly “unmatched” set? =)2

I absolutely wear my frivoles with these pieces! I’ve really carefully chosen rose gold pieces that don’t read as too pink/coppery - and I actually think that yellow gold looks beautiful with them. I mix yellow gold earrings with my ensemble a lot and I like the mismatched flower motifs

What beautiful new pieces! I hope they bring you great joy!

I've missed your posts and comments @Cerulean and sending you my love through this transition. I am so happy that you're treating yourself with travelling and these souvenirs. I'm super envious that you get to go to Japan in cherry blossom season! I won't be travelling anywhere far for a while so I'm living vicariously through you.

@Cerulean, I very much missed you as well.
It's so good to see you here.

Endings and beginnings, through it all, beauty and grace.
You are these things.
You are one of my grail touchstones, my aspirational check ins.

You come back in a swirl of worldly elegance with a perfection of a capsule wardrobe and a fierce explosion of delectable style.
And I smiled.
Joy bringer.

I'm so sorry you've been going through rough times but hellooooo, lovely purchases! The color of the emeralds are just luscious.

I’m glad you are back Cerulean. I’ve loved your posts over time. Thanks for sharing these great pieces and your adventures!

I'm so glad you're back. Sorry to hear about the rough changes. But I'm glad you've been traveling and acquiring so many incredible pieces! I love them all, but the miki has my heart. So lovely!

Dear Cerulean, I'm so sorry to hear you've been through a difficult time. You are a strong human being, with a ton of smarts, a gorgeous smile, and bucket loads of resilience. I admire how you are out there traveling, enjoying new experiences, and buying sparkles as a marker of self love. You go girl! We are all here cheering you on!

All your new jewelry pieces are awesome! Love how the nature-inspired pieces in your collection all flow together so well. That watch!!!! Holy moly I never thought I was a watch person, but I'm ga-ga over that one! It's so graceful, with earthy-natural elements. And those emerald earrings turned out fabulous! A pop of color is so refreshing to the spirit!

Enjoy, and know your "sisters in bling" are right there with you!!!

I'm so glad you came here to share your travel adventures and your beautiful new pieces. I can see why you're elated about each one! Such treasures! Mikimoto from Japan and Montblanc from Switzerland - simply perfect. And those glowy emeralds, swoon. Each pieces goes perfectly together and with your overall aesthetic.

I'd love to see updated collection pictures, once you're ready. As RunningwithScissors said, I consider you a "sister in bling." =)2 I haven't mentioned this on the forum, but I'm also going through a divorce and therefore a collection change (including selling the ring in my avatar). It's interesting how personal jewelry can be. Wishing the very best for you!

I'm so glad you came here to share your travel adventures and your beautiful new pieces. I can see why you're elated about each one! Such treasures! Mikimoto from Japan and Montblanc from Switzerland - simply perfect. And those glowy emeralds, swoon. Each pieces goes perfectly together and with your overall aesthetic.

I'd love to see updated collection pictures, once you're ready. As RunningwithScissors said, I consider you a "sister in bling." =)2 I haven't mentioned this on the forum, but I'm also going through a divorce and therefore a collection change (including selling the ring in my avatar). It's interesting how personal jewelry can be. Wishing the very best for you!

I'm so sorry Dorothea to hear you are going through a difficult time too.

Many of us have "been there" with divorce, and while all of our stories are different, I think we can collectively agree "it ain't no fun". But, you do get through it eventually, and I believe we become stronger from the self reliance part the process.

Hugs to you!

Glad to see you again! Sorry to hear about the tough life transition, but I think travelling and acquiring new bling are all good moves to make towards self-healing! I hope these beautiful pieces bring you lots of joy and happiness and reminds of you of your own autonomy and the power to shape your own life :)

Hi @Cerulean. I’m sorry to hear about your marriage and so glad you have come back to the forum. Enjoy your new pieces.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP