shape
carat
color
clarity

Might this diamond exhibit poor light performance?

Yukino

Rough_Rock
I was recommended this diamond by a jewelry store, and with my knowledge last week, I only considered the proportion of the diamond (which is not perfect but good enough for me), but didn't know how to estimate the symmetry. Now I understand better, and it seems that the optical symmetry is not so good according to the picture. JA does not have an Ideal scope, unfortunately. Could this diamond have very bad light performance and look very dark and dull, or would you say the light performance could be okay? I am not eager to find a super Ideal cut, but I still do not want to have a diamond that I cannot enjoy for everyday wear.

The picture and the proportion of the diamond:

Proportion.png Table.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't a diamond I would choose personally. What are the other specs (color, clarity, price)? We can try to find alternatives

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh, its not looking good. I'd say it has leakage.

Edit...let us look and see what we can find...we need the other specs you wan to stay within and your budget.

Yukino

Rough_Rock
other specs should be: around 0.7 carat, G-D, VS1-IF, no fluorescence. Cut should be priority :)
Thanks!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Budget. What is your budget.

Yukino

Rough_Rock
I would say up to 3000, a little bit above is also ok.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there cultural reasons for not looking at VS2 or eye clean SI1? And if faint fluor had no impact on performance would you consider it?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some options for you to take a look at.

Somewhat over budget, but a cream of the crop diamond.

Yukino

Rough_Rock
Are there cultural reasons for not looking at VS2 or eye clean SI1? And if faint fluor had no impact on performance would you consider it?

no cultural reason, VS2 is okay, for SI1 I do not really have experience maybe also ok if it is eye clean. if not milky under sun light faint fluor is ok :)
Thank you all!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol @Kim N and I were posting at the same time

Yukino

Rough_Rock
Here are some options for you to take a look at.

Somewhat over budget, but a cream of the crop diamond.

:kiss2: so many good ones.

I also looked this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...lor-vvs2-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-17060047

Do you think I need to concern the "intended natural" as inclusion?
And a further question why the picture of this diamond and the table area look so dark? Shall I have concern about it or as long as I have Ideal scope I can ignore the pictures?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: so many good ones.

I also looked this one: https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...lor-vvs2-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-17060047

Do you think I need to concern the "intended natural" as inclusion?
And a further question why the picture of this diamond and the table area look so dark? Shall I have concern about it or as long as I have Ideal scope I can ignore the pictures?

I wouldn't be too concerned with an indented natural in a VVS2, especially since it's not the primary inclusion. Regarding the darkness, this one may be a better True Hearts pick.

If you're looking at True Hearts, though, I'd seriously consider spending a few hundred more to get a super ideal cut like an A Cut Above.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be too concerned with an indented natural in a VVS2, especially since it's not the primary inclusion. Regarding the darkness, this one may be a better True Hearts pick.

If you're looking at True Hearts, though, I'd seriously consider spending a few hundred more to get a super ideal cut like an A Cut Above.

Yup, an ACA is a safer choice by far in my view

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results