shape
carat
color
clarity

Might be getting a kitty! Keep your fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW, not to inundate you with advice, but I've got one word: microchip. It is totally cheap ($45 at our vet for the microchip, $15 for lifetime subscription to the microchip database). That way God forbid the collar gets lost, she gets out of it, throws a hissy fit, whatever...they always know who she belongs to. (http://homeagain.com/)

Chloe is 11 and is strictly indoor, but I had her chipped anyway because...ya never know (earthquake, Katrina situation, etc). And I had no idea it was so cheap!!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy for you!! I think a pink rhinestone collar is purrrfect!! Omie has a bling-bling collar too.

Omie was a bit different when I brought her home. Many cat experts told me to expect her to hide under my bed for a few days and then she would come around. When I brought her home, I let her out by her food and water dish. After she sniffed her food & water she inspected the other rooms in my apartment. When she went into my bedroom, I did not expect to see her for a week. About 2 minutes later, she comes out to my livingroom and rolls around on the floor not far from me and then jumped on the couch & laid next to me. It kinda freaked me out because this was totally not what I was expecting.

My point is, Pearl may end up in your lap in a day or two...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds awesome, I hope you get her, but want to know why you would change a name she is used to. Plus, as a white cat, Pearl sounds pretty...

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Katana (that's what we've decided to name Pearl) has come out of hiding! We had a little traumatic experience this morning when we cleaned out her ears and put drops in them (the lady from the shelter advised us to do this since she was scratching her ears and she suspected she might have ear mites). Katana did not like that at all, but she seems to have gotten over it.

As of right now, she either hasn't eaten at all or has only eaten very little. She also has not used the litterbox, but since she hasn't eaten, I think she just hasn't gone at all as opposed to she's going somewhere else. I'm not too worried about this because I remember this happening when friends of mine have gotten cats and we haven't even had her home for a full day yet. I think I'll start to get concerned if she still hasn't eaten by tomorrow evening.

FI and I really don't like the name Pearl and that's why we decided to change it. We tried what Sum suggested and started suggesting different names to her (the kitty). She was hiding under the bed, but when we asked if she liked "Katana" she came out. So, Katana she is.
1.gif

She's not wearing her rhinestone collar in the pictures, because I was worried that it might be too tight. It's stretchy and I had no problem getting it on her, but since she was hiding, I didn't like the idea of leaving it on her when I couldn't watch her more closely.

I'm trying a new way to upload pics, so bear with me if this doesn't work. Here's my new baby:

katana046.jpg

katana047.jpg

katana045.jpg

katana044.jpg

katana043.jpg

katana042.jpg

katana041.jpg

katana019.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...the first one worked...

Let's try this again:

katana047.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
katana045.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
katana019.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
katana024.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
She does this with her paws a lot:

katana044.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Here she is doing it again
katana042.jpg

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to call the vet that we''ll be using tomorrow since they''re closed today. While she was being shown at the pet store, though, she was checked every Thursday by their vet, so I''m pretty confident that she''s in good health. She''s also up-to-date on all her shots.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oooooh she''s SO pretty! I love that sassy face she makes when she looks at the camera, like, "WHAT?" And Katana is a great name!

Congratulations, Robbie. I''m sure she will be very happy in her new home!

36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Robbie! She''s so sweet! Don''t worry at all about her...everything you''re describing is EXACTLY what my cat Ella did when we first brought her home from the shelter. It took her a good 2 weeks to come out of hiding for real and it was even a few days before she really used her litterbox. I''m sure you guys will be great kitty parents!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Pretty eyes. Just like my white kitty. I think time will help. I know when we moved even, our cats took a couple of weeks to come out of hiding.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh, what a pretty name for your baby!

I think it is a good idea to have your vet check her out, besides that would be a good opportunity to ask about her ears.

I would not worry too much about her lack of eating and using the litter box, as I have heard cats sometimes take a few days to warm up. This may also be a good topic to bring up to your vet.

Her eyes are so pretty, I am so partial to blue-eyed kitty''s.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''s so pretty!! I''m glad she has come out so quickly. When Chloe hid under the bed for 3 days she did not eat a lick of food or use the litterbox, so don''t worry that she hasn''t gone yet.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
She''s so wonderful Robbie!! I''m glad she told you her name... it suits her very well!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty girl!

As long as she knows where the litter box is (as in you''ve physically placed her in it) and where the food is (physically placed her at the food and water)... she should be fine. Are you feeding her dry only? And if you don''t mind my asking-- what dry are you feeding her? Is it the same stuff she got at the shelter? If not it could be that her stomach is upset at the switching of food. It usually takes 4-5 days of us mixing new food into old food to switch over our cats without stomach issues. If you are feeding her only dry.. tempt her with a little wet. We feed out cats wet at night... but only a ''treat'' portion... about 1.5 ounces per cat. It lets us gauge their eating everyday, and provides us with a way to herd them if we need to.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Gypsy, she''s been placed in the litter box a few times and shown the food a lot as well. We''re feeding her dry only. Can''t remember the name of the brand, but it''s what she was eating at the pet store. It''s supposed to be really good stuff. If she hasn''t eaten by the time I come home from work tomorrow, I might try the wet food trick to tempt her.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a cutie pie; I didn''t realize you posted a pic so quick!!!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
She''s really pretty. Pretty much all of the cats that we''ve brought home were pretty intimidated and didn''t eat at first. Takes them a while to get used to new people and new surroundings. It looks like she''s "kneading" in the pictures.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am totally nutty about the flexi paw thing! For some reason I just think it is the cutest thing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/4/2007 11:27:39 PM
Author: diamondfan
I am totally nutty about the flexi paw thing! For some reason I just think it is the cutest thing.
Ditto Flexi paws!! Robbie she is gorgeous, I LOVE her!!!! Congrats on your baby!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Robbie, she''s GORGEOUS. I adore cats (have 5 myself, 3 of which were rescued). Katana definitely needs some bling to match those eyes. I know you said you have a rhinestone collar for her, but how about a nice Swarovski crystal collar when she decides (in true PS fashion) that she needs an upgrade in the jewels department?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180030665286&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

(sorry, I''m not sure how to copy the picture)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Robbie, she is a DOLL!! Those eyes!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'm happy to report that Katana is progressing very quickly! She spent part of the night sleeping in bed with FI and I and has begun eating and using the litter box! She's also in the habit now of following me around wherever I go. It's adorable, but FI had to destract her so I could get in the shower this morning. Hehe.
1.gif

MiniMouse, I added the collar to my watch list on ebay. I don't think we'll be buying it yet, but those colors would look great on Katana and I'm worried that her current bling might be a bit too tight.

ETA: Cind, it's definitely different from any kneading I've seen before. She kind of spreads her little toes and reaches out instead of kneading. It's so cute when she does it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2007 10:42:06 AM
Author: robbie3982

MiniMouse, I added the collar to my watch list on ebay. I don''t think we''ll be buying it yet, but those colors would look great on Katana and I''m worried that her current bling might be a bit too tight.

That is fantastic Robbie! I''m so glad she is progressing quickly. Soon she won''t be able to leave you alone.

One thing I would strongly suggest for the collar is one that has a piece of elastic sewn in so that if it gets caught on something it will slip off. One of my cats growing up got caught on a piece of furniture and was there for the whole day before someone found her and she was really traumatized. The elastic collars are great because they only come off if it really gets snagged on something, which could save their life if they get it caught on the wrong thing.

And my local cat store even has ones with bling
2.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
neatfreak, it looks like the one I''m watching on ebay is a safety collar. Katana''s current bling collar isn''t designated as a safety collar, but it''s very stretchy (no buckles). We have a little black safety collar with a bell on her right now. I just made a vet appointment for this saturday and I''m going to ask them about micro-chipping her.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations-she''s beautiful. Those eyes are gorgeous! And I love it when kitties do that with their toes!

Oh-I also LOVE how her ears are pink! I have a white cat with grey spots and her little ears change colors all day long...sometimes they''re white, sometimes light pink, sometimes bright pink!

Katana is lucky to have found such a good family!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! She looks very happy and very at home! Katana is a very sweet name.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results