shape
carat
color
clarity

Miele Vacuum

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I'm thinking about buying the Miele Blizzard CX1 Cat & Dog vacuum. Does anyone own a Miele vacuum? What are your thoughts on it? Is it good for pet hair? Thanks.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 4 cats who shed tons and 2 Miele cannister vacuums one of which came with a turbo attachment for animal hair. I love them both for bare floors, carpet, carpeted cat trees, upholstered furniture, drapes. The turbo attachment for pet hair is awesome for sucking up tons of hair but imo isn't necessary because the regular attachments are just as efficient on pet hair.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had my Miele for around 9-10 years and I love it. I don’t know offhand which model but it’s a pretty basic canister vac. There’s one head for wood floors, one for carpets, and it’s way better at picking up cat hair and other debris than my newer Dyson cordless stick vac. The only reason I got the Dyson was because I was too lazy to take the Miele out daily for all the cat litter. If I really want then place clean then it’s Miele all the way.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I was considering a dyson but then read all the reviews about the Miele vacuums. Any idea if the bagless or the ones with the bags are better?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve had the Miele and the Dyson and the Hoover variants for a “pet fur” home. I liked the Miele, prefer the Hoover and really disliked the Dyson.
My Hoover has a power head which means extra suction when I want it. The ordinary suction is good but not too strong. This matters to me because we have heaps of rugs and the while Dyson has strong suction which is great, it “eats” all my rugs. Drove me mad.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Miele and a dyson and use them both for different things. The Dyson is for quick clean ups and the Miele for deep cleaning. The Miele really cleans deep, it’s a canister. I would recommend it highly.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Miele and a dyson and use them both for different things. The Dyson is for quick clean ups and the Miele for deep cleaning. The Miele really cleans deep, it’s a canister. I would recommend it highly.
I ordered the Miele Blizzard CX1 cat & dog so I hope that I'll like it hahaha. Around 4 years ago I bought the Shark Rotator (chose it over a Dyson), it's not bad but now the suction isn't as strong as it was when new.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for answering everyone!!!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just received my Miele C3 Brilliant canister vac last week and I love it. I have power and suction control (five levels) at my fingertips and five carpet depth settings on the power head. I also have the turbo brush, but I have yet to vacuum the furniture. OMG does this thing suck! I have two purebred Maine Coons and two mixes as well as a Sheltie puppy who only sheds once a year for 365 days and it picks all of the hair up effortlessly. I had a Hoover, an Electrolux and several different Shark Products. I gave away the first two because the Shark lift away was awesome, but then after two years it stopped sucking as well and snowplowing the pet har in front of the beater.

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Their bags are made up of many layers so they do act as filters to some extent. The Brilliant C3 has a HEPA filter.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: DAF

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I just received my Miele C3 Brilliant canister vac last week and I love it. I have power and suction control (five levels) at my fingertips and five carpet depth settings on the power head. I also have the turbo brush, but I have yet to vacuum the furniture. OMG does this thing suck! I have two purebred Maine Coons and two mixes as well as a Sheltie puppy who only sheds once a year for 365 days and it picks all of the hair up effortlessly. I had a Hoover, an Electrolux and several different Shark Products. I gave away the first two because the Shark lift away was awesome, but then after two years it stopped sucking as well and snowplowing the pet har in front of the beater.
I needed a strong vacuum because I have a Siberian Husky, an American Eskimo and a short haired cat.

quaddio

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the Miele, I don't think the premium models are worth it. When it came time to chiise, I preferred to spend my money on roombas on every floor and lighter 'mighty might' for edges and spot cleaning - it still has hepa and amazing suction. Miele hose and cord retractor are very high quality. Don't forget to include the cost of filters and bags in total purchase.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the Miele, I don't think the premium models are worth it. When it came time to chiise, I preferred to spend my money on roombas on every floor and lighter 'mighty might' for edges and spot cleaning - it still has hepa and amazing suction. Miele hose and cord retractor are very high quality. Don't forget to include the cost of filters and bags in total purchase.
My mighty mite is my work horse! Every day I vacuum the litter around the robot bc my girls are diggers. My cleaning persons have always complimented my mighty mites. My homes are loft style - the NY one has 3 sets of stairs and my "brothel" has 2 stairs with lots of steps bahahaha.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
:geek2:ive got a miele cannister vac. its about 9 years old. I love it but can be a bit cumbersome compared to a cordless, im assuming. Because i havent a cordless. was wondering about the cordless dyson...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've talked about my Miele Pearl, which will NEVER die (still going strong that damn thing!) For my house I got the C3 Calima. I only have the one dog and she's short hair, plus, only tile and a few rugs here and there. Love this, seriously do.

Only time I didn't use was that time we had fleas in the house. I have a cheapo bagless for that.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting comments! I love the dyson animal for pet hair!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results