shape
carat
color
clarity

Micropave wearers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
OK so some of you have been following my threads recently.... Thank you for all the supportive compliments, without you guys I would have ended up with a mess of a ring!
9.gif

My decision today is about the band of my ring... I really want to continue the micropave all the way around the bottom. Leon does not recomend it bc he says that it eventually wears... Most people don''t do it bc of sizing issues, but this is not a problem in this case. We have put a sizing insert in the ring ala r782 on his site...

So my question is... Do any of you have any bands that are totally finished with micropave, or pave for that matter, and if so how is the wear and tear on them?
Any suggestions or input will be very appreciated...

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Hey CR - this isn''t exactly what you were looking for, but my ring is only pave''d from about 8 till 4 (like on a clock) - and is plain underneath. I was marginally disappointed at first, however now looking at it, and seeing how many small dents and bangs and bumps are on the platinum, I''m pretty glad it isn''t pave''d all the way around.

AND with an ering, if you have diamonds that far around it will never spin so far as to show the part that doesn''t have diamonds on it.

A wedding band is different IMHO because it can spin and I would find adjusting it annoying.

Anyhoo...hope that helps!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks October... YAh, I do understand the clock thing
16.gif
, we discussed leaving 5 to 7 plain. But it''s hard to change up what you always wanted... I know it''s more practical, but it''s just so pretty to have it finished... UGH... decisions! And I know I will not wear this ring for everything... also a consideration...

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
How difficult will it be for you to get it fixed if something happens to it? Say if you lost a stone?

I lost a stone and tried to have someone local fix it and they practically butchered the job.

Although I''m glad I have it from 8 to 4, I totally understand your desire to have eternity - and if that is what makes your ring exactly what you want, and you are ready to take on the inconvenience of getting it fixed by Leon etc, then go for it!

I do think you will have to expect that you will lose stones down there eventually - and if that is okay with you then just get what you really want!

Sounds like it will be a stunning ring either way!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have any pave, but I agree with October2008bride - your ering will not spin, and my rings have dents, dings on the back side, so I would do what Leon suggests (of course!!).

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CrookedRock, my ring is also only paved from 8 to 4. I''ve had it since mid-November and it does have dings and such on the bottom like the others. I have a bridge so it doesn''t spin so not having diamonds on the bottom doesn''t bother me. That said I know there are plenty of people with eternity type bands and I''ve never heard of anyone having a problem with the bottom stones. I say if that is what you really want then that is what you should get!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
My Ritani is finished all the way around. I requested that it be done this way because, like you, I thought it was prettier. I''ve had it now for 3+ years, and so far, no problems... That being said, when I just ordered my new Michael B setting, Matthew @ Michael B recommended the 70% e-ring because he said the bottom gets banged up over time. Of course, Bill @ Pearlmans told me to go with the full pave band and worry about having to refinish / replace down the road, if and when it came to that. I listened to Bill, for aesthetic purposes, so I understand the decision you''re facing currently with your Leon.

I think that if you get it finished all the way around, just be willing to accept that someday, down the road, you may need to fix or replace some of the worn / damaged pave stones. It''s also possible that you will wear your ring very gently and not need to worry about it for a long time, or ever.

I would just get what you want. The difference in cost is going to be nominal, so it''s just going to be a matter of preference and what you''re willing to deal with in the future.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the input!!! I really do see both sides of it. I vae a half eternity ring that I wear right now everyday, and it is slighly beat up, but is was my great grandmas so it''s about 65 years old! LOL

Litigator - I know! Who the heck am I to question the man????

Catmom... I am not sure if it is necessairly the stones that are the concern, but the pave setting itself... H ekinda said its no fun to fix.

Cutey... Good to know that you did it too! It really is just a silly aesthetic thing. I do understand that down the road I will have to have it brought up to snuff, but then again, don''t most pieces require maintenance over time...
The cost isn''t exactly nominal though. It''s anywhere from $1000-$1500 difference, so not exactly a drop in the bucket...
Leon knows I''m nuts by now, so if I decide to do it, I don''t think he will be shocked...

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
CrookedRock,

It sounds like you really want to do diamonds all around... Just do it. Just be careful with it... Like, no rock climbing or anything like that.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
My facets micropave eternity band has diamonds all around and three rows of them at that. Six months of daily almost 24 hour wear and weekly sessions in the ultrasonic and all is good so far...

sera

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have it yet, but will have Maytal Hannah do a full eternity 3-sided pave w-band for me. It would drive me crazy for the thing to spin around; plus, I just LOVE the look of diamonds on the palm side as well, so I''m going with impractical! I''m really not hard on my rings (though I know it will take wear and tear no matter how easy I am on them).

I had initially been looking at Leon. Then I had seen (and LOVED) Maytal''s work and with the pave concern I chose Maytal because she is local. So, it shouldn''t be difficult to have a stone replaced. My ering will not be full eternity- it will be 3/4 and will be engraved where there are not diamonds.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
I have a LM full eternity micropaved band and have had it for a little over a month, maybe 2? But I wear it everyday and haven''t had problems. If I compare the LM band with my other eternity bands? I must say it seems to hold up better even though it''s SO MUCH more daintier. I''m very careful with my rings and take them off when I''m not going out, but even so, I''ve showered with them and even once banged my hand on a table, and had no problems.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the Ritani endless love micro-pave full eternity engagement ring. I''ve worn it daily since June ''07 and I haven''t had any issues. I am careful though. I never wear it to the gym or bed.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it were me, I would only do 3/4, but that is because I am a constant worrier and (even though I am very gentle on my rings) I would rather be safe than sorry. But, you should get what you really want in your heart. This is your wedding ring, and it should be exactly as you want it to be! So my advice to you, get the full eternity if that is what you are dreaming of, and don''t sweat what may or may not happen down the road (I should take my own advice, lol)!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the added responses!

IheartDiamonds ~ I''ll do my best to stay off those rock walls down here in FL. IActually now thatI think of it, I can just use it as one more excuse not to go on those hiking/camping trips my BF loves to go on...
27.gif

Neatfreak ~ Thanks for chiming in, When you say 3 rows, do you mean three on the top itself or three being top and both sides? And wow the US... As far as I know Leon says it''s a no go for this one...

Sera ~ I agree, I think no matter how easy you try to be, they will still see a fsair share of wear and tear. It''s good to know though that I''m not the only one who prefers looks to practicality! And yes Maytal does beautiful work! Neither are local for me, but at least get to NYC (and have family there) about once a year... I just figure each year when I go up I can just drop it off to be spruced up!

Snooper ~ I love your avatar pic, the look of the three together is fabulous! Good to know that you think the Leon is holding up better than the others. I hadn''t even thought of the shower thing, do most people take off their rings to shower? Hmmm...
I will probably do the same and take it off at home, but then again the BF is probably more obsessed witht he ring then I am, and he will probably want me wearing it 24/7!!

Rose ~ Thanks... Def not to the gym!!But then again that''s not a place I have been frequenting lately *whoops*
38.gif

DDana ~ Yes! take your own advice and join the club of impracticality!!! LOL It is what I have always wanted, so I really do see both sides...

Actually, the BF came home today after having a 15 min convo with Leon and all systems are a go!! Apparently the bf wanted it full micropave as much as I did, so he went for it! The wheels are now in motion... All very exciting. When I become older and wiser I may think it was a silly thing to make it eternity just so that when I wave you still have the bling factor, but then again, that''s when I get wise...
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results