shape
carat
color
clarity

Micropave (Leon Rings) Cleaning - how do YOU do it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies! Wondering if you can share your upkeep/cleaning tips for your micropave, especially those of you with Leon rings. Does anyone know what he suggests?

THANK YOU!!

GoveyMaru

Rough_Rock
I don''t know, I am also curoius. I took mine to the appraiser on Friday and he steamed it, but that is not a practical machine to have at home. It could blast an elephant! Dying to hear suggestions!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
If you live near a Nordstrom, you can have it cleaned there. I used to work for Nordstrom Fine Jewelry. They offer free cleaning of all your jewelry. It takes less than 5 minutes. It''s placed in a ultra sonic wave machine for a few minutes, then taken out and steamed by this high pressure steam machine. The Nordstrom employee will check all your stones to verify they are real diamonds before cleaning it, and rechecking it again after the cleaning, all in front of you! Take advantage of that free service, it''s so worth it!

As for at home service, I''m not sure what is the best way.

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
Even if you didn''t purchase your jewelery there? That''s mightly nice of them. If that true, I love Nordstrom even more now.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2005 11:08:03 PM
Author: GoveyMaru
I don't know, I am also curoius. I took mine to the appraiser on Friday and he steamed it, but that is not a practical machine to have at home. It could blast an elephant! Dying to hear suggestions!
i bought the $99 jewel jet home steamer from Wink,it does a ex job.

i think Neil (Denver appraiser) also sell them.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, even if you didn''t purchase your jewelry there. It''s just a complimentary service they provide, just because they''re Nordstrom! It is pretty nice of them to do that. Not many people know about that service. When I worked there, I told everyone that stopped by the department, even if they were just looking. Well, I''m still telling everyone I know, even though I don''t work there anymore!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I want that home steamer!!!!

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
Sweet! Thanks for the free tip.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I have an ultrasonic cleaner that I use, then i blow dry my ring on a hot setting - no idea if that makes a difference.... but I do it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s interesting Treysar, I have never heard of that before!!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wonder if that would help with hard water deposits/film? ...kinda like a ''jet dry''!

DiamondLover23

Shiny_Rock
I thought little tiny stones such as in a pave setting should NOT be cleaned in an ultrasonic, as over time the little stones can loosen and fall out.

I have heard this numerous times on these jewelry boards.

I would stick with a steamer for a setting like this.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2005 3:59:59 PM
Author: DiamondLover23
I thought little tiny stones such as in a pave setting should NOT be cleaned in an ultrasonic, as over time the little stones can loosen and fall out.

I have heard this numerous times on these jewelry boards.

I would stick with a steamer for a setting like this.

I had heard the opposite. some have said if a stone is loose they would rather it fall out in the steamer where they can easily find it than on the street somewhere. I have also heard that the jewelers put them in the ultrasonics themselves before giving the rings to you b/c it gets them super clean and they are making sure stones aren't loose
3.gif
why not call Leon and ask him what he recommends?
here's a link on cleaning pave where a bunch of the experts here on Pricescope checked in and most said it's ok to have them cleaned and do it to pave rings all the time but give some other options too.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
I am an e-ring cleaning freak and I use the sonic cleaner for a few minutes, then I also have th $99 steam machine which is wonderful! I bought the sonic and steamer from the appraiser and I asked about the sonic making stones fall out and he had the same point, if the stones are loose it's better that they fall out in the sonic cleaner than on the street. The steamer is a little large for my apartment, but worth every penny!

happysnowbunny

Rough_Rock
Lots of competing opinions I see! Thank you all for your input! I read that other string but they suggest "checking" the stones too see if they are loose ahead of time... not practical with the 230+ melee stones on my ring! I will let you all know what Leon says!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
That's great to know! Thanks guys! How often do all of you clean your rings? And what are the best secrets to getting them extra sparkly? I just want to know for future reference!
1.gif

Audrey Hepburn

Rough_Rock
I drop my rings in the ultrasonic cleaner for a 10-20 minutes to soak in some hot water with a little windex thrown in, then I brush the underside with a toothbrush, and turn the ultrasonic on. If I''m being really anal, I''ll then take the ring in between a pair of tweezers, and steam the ring in my espresso machine steamer (the attachment used for frothing, etc....). Coffee and diamonds - what more could a girl want?
-AH

diamondchick

Rough_Rock
I am a jewelry cleaning natzi!!! I make my own cleaner and then have the home steamer, which is THE BOMB!! I take my steamer on vacation with me! I swear! But I mix 1 part ammonia to 3 parts distilled water, soak it, brush with a soft toothbrush and them steam it . Once you get used to clean diamonds, you become a little obsesses! I clean MY "Yellow baby", my earrings, basically all I wera about twice daily!!!!

nu

Rough_Rock
Diamondchick,
Where do you get ammonia?
What kind of steamer do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results