shape
carat
color
clarity

micro-pave ring safety

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curtdawg

Rough_Rock
I am considering buying the Ritani single solitaire micro-pave ring (pictured below) for my girlfriend. She works as a physical therapist which requires using her hands for massage, other hands-on techniques, and frequent hand-washing. I''ve read a few posts here saying that micro-pave rings are susceptible to having the diamonds fall out if people have jobs where they use their hands a lot. I''m wondering if people think she is going to have a problem with this or not. Also, does anyone know the normal replacement procedure if the diamonds do fall out (i.e., is this covered under most warranties?). Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

ritaniring000.jpg

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If that''s her occupation then it depends on the craftsmanship. And of course, having the setting regularly checked to make sure it hasn''t loosened.

I don''t have any experience with pave settings but if you do lose a diamond - it is usually covered under your insurance policy (provided you have taken one out for the ring) and not under warranty. Provided you have insured it for a proper amount - and check with your insurance company to make sure they let you choose your vendor of choice ... quality does matter - then it''s a simply matter of finding a matched diamond and resetting it.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is your girlfriend planning on wearing her ring to work? I think if I worked with my hands a lot I would probably not wear it during the day. I am a busy mum and I probably won''t wear mine all the time.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curtdawg,

Ritani makes a wonderful product but I'm honestly not sure if she's going to be so hands on that pave is a good style for her. I'd suggest calling up or emailing Pearlmans (who's picture that is) and see what they think. They've carried Ritani for years and Bill will be honest about any wear and tear issues and if he thinks it would be ok or not.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
another option would be is to buy her a plain band she could wear while working and get whatever ring she wants for an e-ring/wedding set. I don''t think I''d want all the oils and lotions on any diamond ring.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results