shape
carat
color
clarity

Micro Pavé in the UK

Loulala

Rough_Rock
Longtime lurker here. I'm currently in the process of selecting my engagement ring. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a 1.5ct-ish pear halo but I'm struggling to find a setting delicate enough. The closest thing i've found is the De Beers Aura but the stones in the halo are still a little big (I really like the proportions of Phoenix's). So I've decided to look for a stone and have someone set it. Ironically my dad is a former Hatton Garden bench jeweller but he's lost touch with his contacts and isn't skilled enough in setting to do it himself. So does anyone know of a UK jeweller who is doing really delicate pavé? I'm central london based but travelling isn't a problem for the right person!

Loulala

Rough_Rock
This is a .8ct pear in the de beers aura setting, I'm looking for a bigger centre stone (although this one faces up a similar size to some of the 1.2cts I've tried and I love the "fat" shape) but I still feel like the setting would be too chunky for my tastes. The only jewellers I see doing what I'm looking for are the Leon Megés and Victor Caneras and I'm reluctant to use a US jeweller, unless that's my only option. If it helps, my budget is around GBP 12k.
image_381.jpg

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
I'm in London and have ended up sending my diamond to Victor Canera for a halo. That said, Daniel Prince in Hatton Gardens seems to do pretty nice work - might be worth having a look. I also have a De Beers Enchanted Lotus band, which is a stock item, and it's very well done.

Not sure how much that helps...

Loulala

Rough_Rock
Jaaron - great to hear from someone who's actually doing it! I'm yet to start getting quotes etc, but the stuff I see on Daniel's website just doesn't seem to be close to the sort of thing I'm looking for. I work just round the corner from Hatton Garden though so I may pay him a visit. It baffles me that there seems to be so little choice in the UK for such a fashionable style - everything just seems so... metally?
Anyway, thanks so much for your input, good luck with your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results