shape
carat
color
clarity

Micheal B, Tacori or Other

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

faedras

Rough_Rock
I have looked and looked. I thought I liked Tacori and was ready to make a purchase and along come some pics of Micheal B. The platinum work looks much more fluid and glossy than anything I''ve seen thus far. Two Questions for the forum: 1) Does the shiny finish on the Micheal Bs hold up? we are both very active outdoors. 2) The MB setting looks much more sturdy, is there something I should look for when comparing durability? I want to mount a princess or radiant. Thanks

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Have you gone in and tried on the Michael B in person? That might be a good way to gauge whether you find it to be suitable for you. I think it's more a question of what setting is best for someone with an active lifestyle, rather than a question of craftsmanship. For instance, an intricate pave setting might not be the best ring choice for someone who goes mountain climbing (an extreme example)
2.gif

Good luck!
1.gif

bling

Shiny_Rock
Regardless of the maker or setting, platinum will scratch over time, especaill if you wear it and are active. i have a micheal b band and its amazing. depending on what one your thinking of, the pave is also something to consider or not, if you have an active life style. micheal b's pave work is supposed to be one of the best around, but with any pave work, they are prone to damage and even diamond loss...especially if it goes all the way around.
either way..they are are wonderful and beautiful settings..but you have to decide whether its right for you! good luck!

appl.gif
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
ahhh...square stones! Have you seen my new favorite guy Daniel K?

Also you have ultra modern, smooth and clean lines from Whitney Boin

Just a few thoughts... Good luck!

faedras

Rough_Rock
thanks pg, nicrez, and bling

I have not seen the DK before. That is awsome. Ok, so now my shopping is shot. I was looking for a radiant or princess but the ascher on the DK site is gorgeous. It makes a huge difference when you see it in the setting. I think I may now start to look for something w/o the pave. We bike, hike, and kayak and I would hate for something to happen to the ring. What is the opinion on white gold as opposed to platinum?

Platinum is much stronger, right? But white gold holds a shine better? What do you think?

read.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results