shape
carat
color
clarity

michael b trois setting - what cut works?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbiafra

Rough_Rock
hello all - i am looking at getting my gf the michael b trois setting - picture attached (the square one)...after a lengthy search i''ve realized that it is exactly what she wants. in any event, because it is square shaped and so modern looking, i am wondering if anyone had any input or recommendations as to what cut diamond would compliment it the best.
i know she has modern tastes and loves the new vera wang micro pave ring that is seen in many magazines and on her site (#7)(http://www.verawang.com/jewelry

is that a princess cut? it''s way too huge for my budget, i''m looking to spend 15-20K on the stone, but would love to duplicate this kind of look with the michael b setting...any ideas???

anyways, below is the ring, would appreciate any type of advice! thanks!

trois_duo_stone.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
The Vera Wang ring (not the one above) that's been in all the adverts lately is a large Emerald cut.

Scintillating...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The picture doesn't show a very large stone. Assuming the size of the ring is 6-ish, that could be 1.5cts or less. The frame of pave around it makes up for the rest, as much as I can tell.

You may find these settings and a few more similar ones by Ritani and others listed in the 'Picture Gallery' here and at Pearlmansjewelers.com. There is quite a range of prices and variation of small details between these
20.gif

Something like THIS should do for the stone and it is not up to your pretty accomodating budget
2.gif

The setting by Michael B is not allot cheaper than that:

01P13.jpg
link to MB Trois at Pearlmans'

This is Ritani's say in the matter, with a 0.5 cts squae step cut

05QQ13.jpg

And another that resembles your choice better (the main stone is prong not bezel set):

17QQ13.jpg

Either about half the price of the first: no difference of material and diamond weight - whatever it is it should be about the brand and perhaps details of crafting method. You will find rings from either designer posted on 'Show me the ring' and their owners comments.

Best of luck !
1.gif

Just my 0.2.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
This is the ring to which I was refering.

I think either a princess or an emerald cut would be lovely in the MB - Trois.
But if she loves the Vera, maybe she really wants an Emerald cut diamond (For the trois setting.)
You have a nice budget, I'm sure you'll build something spectacular.

Scintillating...

Vera-EC-with-PAve-Web.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!! 15-20K is a very healthy budget. You could get a very nice stone in the 2 ct range. Either an emerald cut or a princess cut would look great in a micropave setting. Between the 2 cuts, I prefer an emerald cut (either rectangular or square), but it's a very different look. Rather than lots of little twinkle and scintillation, you see bigger mirror-like flashes. Might you ask her which cut she prefers or would that ruin a surprise? You also might check out the ering folder in the Show Me the Ring forum. There are tons of examples of micropave there with a variety of stone shapes. Here is a link to that thread. Hope this helps!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ommigod ... went on the Vera Wang site to see the ring and LOVE LOVE LOVE the "fan" setting in the bridal section of "fine jewelry" .. Emerald cut set sideways with a tapered baguette eternity band. OOH LA LA. (couldn''t get pix to copy)

I don''t think Vera Wang "does" princess stones ... so your girlfriend is probably after a Square Emerald, which may or may not fit in that Michael B setting, as SE''s have cut corners and princess stones do not. You could find a "halo" setting similar to Michael B that would fit around cut corners ... or get a Princess cut stone? What makes you think the Michael B square halo is "it" ... the stone or the shape or??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
you could set almost any stone in the trois setting style...i think a round would be most classic (or maybe an asscher since the old pave styles in the early 1920''s had seemingly alot of round and asscher stones)...but you could go with any stone shape you liked. you do have a great budget, but be sure to factor in the setting,aka those trois settings from MB are like $5-7k I think just for the setting!

dbiafra

Rough_Rock
mara - so a RB would work in that square trois setting? thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I have seen a round trois setting somewhere...I will have to see if I can find it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results