shape
carat
color
clarity

Michael B Princess rings style differences

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Yay, mrssalvo is working on the upgrade!!!!

Lovin the beadset, but they are both lovely.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
This is probably my OCD speaking, but I''ve always wondered with these types of pave settings, if it''s better to order the e-ring and w-band at the same time. That way, the manufacturer can confirm that they are matchy-matchy, the same exact width, etc. I know that with these handmade settings, there can be variation...

I''m only asking this question because I''ve been really hesitant about ordering the matching w-band for my Ritani remount. I''m just afraid that I''ll order the band and when it arrives, it will be thicker, not quite the same, etc. and then I''ll be all upset. I know this type of thing has happened to a couple of other PSers...some did something about it, but others were fine with it...I''m just not one of those people who would be fine with it, y''know? I now wish that I ordered the matching band when I had the e-ring made...

I know you must be super-excited to finally get the ball rolling on your upgrade and you must be itching to order the w-band at the very least... And I really don''t mean to be a killjoy, but I know this is something I worry about... Just thought I would throw it out there...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:06:41 PM
Author: cutey TT
This is probably my OCD speaking, but I''ve always wondered with these types of pave settings, if it''s better to order the e-ring and w-band at the same time. That way, the manufacturer can confirm that they are matchy-matchy, the same exact width, etc. I know that with these handmade settings, there can be variation...

I know you must be super-excited to finally get the ball rolling on your upgrade and you must be itching to order the w-band at the very least... And I really don''t mean to be a killjoy, but I know this is something I worry about... Just thought I would throw it out there...

I don''t know, but you do bring up a very good point that I will be sure to ask Bill about. If he thinks it''s best to order them together, i guess I''ll have to wait on the wedding band then
7.gif
or figure out a way to get hubby to purchase the e-ring now
27.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 1:03:45 PM
Author: BeaudryBabe
Yay, mrssalvo is working on the upgrade!!!!

Lovin the beadset, but they are both lovely.

Yay is right
36.gif
ok, so I asked you in another thread, but did you ever post pictures of your Leon ring?

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
I responded in the other thread...something like this...

Wow, mrssalvo, you have a great memory!

Believe it or not, I have just figured out how to upload photos from the camera into the computer. Now, how to get them from the Kodak software into Pricescope, yikes! (Rome wasn''t built in a day, right?)

Anyway, I am working on it, I didn''t forget. Soon, very soon.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 2:35:14 PM
Author: BeaudryBabe

Anyway, I am working on it, I didn''t forget. Soon, very soon.

Ok, looking very forward to those pics. I take it you''re happy with how everything turned out?

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Yup, thanks for asking, I really love it. Bill Pearlman selected an incredible stone and Leon did the rest...gotta LOOOOVE Leon!

I''ll be watching your progress closely!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey mrssalvo
35.gif

It must be a guy thing, but I like the look of the larger fishtail pave ring. It just appears a bit "more" to me in some way. Since everyone else was voting for the daintier of the two, I thought I''d chime in with my vote.

I''m sure whichever you choose, it will be absolutely beautiful.

Best wishes...........

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rod for chiming in
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

just heard back from Bill. He said MB puts a initial inside of the rings to let them know which diamond setter did the setting. As long as they have the initial they can replicate the setting.

He also said all of the Ritani micropave is the same so you don''t have to worry
2.gif

I guess if I''m really worried I can always have Bill send it back to MB when he sends the stone out for the setting, thay way the MB people could verify it was the same
34.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s another question for you all:

Do you like the wedding band and e-rings to be the same width or should I get the slightly thinner band for the e-ring??

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Mrs Salvo,

That is very interesting that the setters initial the band as well. Anyways just wanted to let you know I like both bands but definately prefer the bead set over the fishtail.

-Dave

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 4:40:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Here''s another question for you all:

Do you like the wedding band and e-rings to be the same width or should I get the slightly thinner band for the e-ring??
Tough choice. Depends if you want them to match or not. You have tiny hands so maybe going thinner for the ering is a good choice. But if you want them to match, them I''d get the same width for the ering??

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 5/10/2006 4:50:40 PM

Here's another question for you all:

[/quote]

Hmmm... I like it both ways! The advantage to slightly wider w-ring is if you ever wear it alone... it will be a bit more substantial and *blingy*.
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
If the e-ring is a perfect match, only a little thinner, I think it looks fine, and does help keep the overall "width" (of the two rings) down.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Both are beautiful and look so dainty and sparkly on your finger!!! I can't wait to see which way you decide. I agree with Kaleigh, I think it really depends on what you like. Initially I thought I wanted the plain one-sided pave band, but after trying on a three-sided pave band (not from michael b.), I liked how they weren't matching. But it's totally a matter of personal preference.

By the way Mrssalvo, I just noticed for the first time that there is a little G in my ring. I had no idea they did that, thanks for the tip!

do you have any more pics?

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
ditto on what Lynn said about it looking more substantial when you wear your band alone, that''s what sold me on the 3-sides band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
all of you make some good points. I''ll have to think about it some more and get hubby''s input. I also would probably never wear one of the bands alone. I have a cheapy WG ring I wear to the pool or whatever and once I get the new set I can''t see myself wearing just the band. I''d either wear the set or the cheapy band. But, who knows.......

i don''t have any more pics ivanadiamond
7.gif
. My camera is in the shop and I had my sister come over last night with hers which is how I got the ones I did. If a miracle happens and my camera is fixed or replaced before I send the rings back I''ll try to get a few more in better lighting.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. S., I like the thicker band in general, but if you''re going to wear your e-ring an w-ring together you might go with the thinner one. Both are georgous though -- a tough choice!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 4:32:00 PM

just heard back from Bill. He said MB puts a initial inside of the rings to let them know which diamond setter did the setting. As long as they have the initial they can replicate the setting.

He also said all of the Ritani micropave is the same so you don''t have to worry
2.gif

I guess if I''m really worried I can always have Bill send it back to MB when he sends the stone out for the setting, thay way the MB people could verify it was the same
34.gif
Thanks for the tip (and easing my paranoia)...

Cool deal, since this means you can get your w-band sooner, rather than waiting to get both bands together (once your husband is ready). Yay for that!

As for your next question about whether they should be the same width...personally, I like that matchy-matchy look. However, as with all things blingy, everyone has their own personal preference.
2.gif

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
Oops, I also wanted to say that my friend with the Michael B wedding set...her e-ring is actually thicker than her w-band (so the reverse of what you were asking). She currently has just 1 band, but plans to get another one and wear each of the thinner w-bands on either side. I think she did this to make her e-ring "pop" more.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 5:21:57 PM
Oops, I also wanted to say that my friend with the Michael B wedding set...her e-ring is actually thicker than her w-band (so the reverse of what you were asking). She currently has just 1 band, but plans to get another one and wear each of the thinner w-bands on either side. I think she did this to make her e-ring ''pop'' more.

no, i''d make the wedding band the smaller one, sorry if I confused anyone. My hands are small and I don''t really like the 3 ring look on me. I''m leaning towards just having them match and be the same widths.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
Mrs Salvo, What happened to the Daniel K? Or is this just the other option? What would the e ring look like that goes with this band? Does hubby get to make the ultimate decision? Sorry so many questions, I just want to make sure I am understanding. Thanks, Mokey

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmmm...

have to say that after seeing those pictures (and yanno having seen MB elsewhere and tried it on since), i am SO HAPPY i didn''t go with them for my e-ring and w-ring!! they are beautiful for sure, but i''d have long since bent the crap out of them. i just am not a dainty person. i know they are well-made but there is no accounting for personal clumsiness and i just don''t like to have to *worry* about things.

i kind of like the fishtail too just because it''s a little ''visually different'' and i am kind of tired of bead set on here, but then again i am not the hugest fan of super dainty on my hand. i tried on lynn''s 2.3mm ring and it was so tiny on my paw. so i kind of like the idea of a 2.3mm ring. but your hands are smaller than mine.

so how close are you to a decision? are you making the final call or is hubby? i still really like the daniel k on your hand too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 5:46:22 PM
Author: Mokey
Mrs Salvo, What happened to the Daniel K? Or is this just the other option? What would the e ring look like that goes with this band? Does hubby get to make the ultimate decision? Sorry so many questions, I just want to make sure I am understanding. Thanks, Mokey

Mokey, you think you''re confused..poor hubby he''s really
33.gif
. The DK is still in the running, I just worry about going to a cushion from a round, if I''d be happy a few years from now. Also, there is a price difference between the two that would push my upgrade completion date back farther
39.gif
. Hubby wants to make the final decision but there is no way I''m going to let him, I''m just way to picky and want to be 100% on what I get. he''s really fine with that and wants me to be 100% happy. he doesn''t love cushions but it''s ok with him if that''s what I really have my heart set on.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 6:05:55 PM
Author: Mara

so how close are you to a decision? are you making the final call or is hubby? i still really like the daniel k on your hand too!

mara,
I hear what you''re saying about the pave. I''m actually not that hard on my rings and would be willing to be more protective in order to get what I love but that''s the hard part for me. I actually have only seen 2 pave rings in real life on people and one is my aunt and the other my best friend. so as popular as they are here, there not mainstream just yet i don''t think. We''re shooting for our anniversary in Sept. as the upgrade completion date, but if I choose the DK it will be longer because the price is more and there are just so many other things we want to spend $$ on i.e Disney Vacation over christmas etc. Hubby and I discussed the rings in my folder a few days ago which led to this thread. He loves the more traditional MB rings but I''m making the final call
36.gif

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I am so excited for you. I don''t see how you could make a bad decision with the choices you have narrowed down to. I personally LOVE the Daniel K on you. Would you go with a round if you went with the Michael B? I am just truly excited for you and can''t wait to see what you pick. You are always such a tremendous help to eveyone on here and you have given such great advice that is so genuine. You truly deserve this, whichever it may be.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/10/2006 7:05:27 PM
Author: Mokey
I am so excited for you. I don''t see how you could make a bad decision with the choices you have narrowed down to. I personally LOVE the Daniel K on you. Would you go with a round if you went with the Michael B? I am just truly excited for you and can''t wait to see what you pick. You are always such a tremendous help to eveyone on here and you have given such great advice that is so genuine. You truly deserve this, whichever it may be.

Thanks Mokey. I don''t think either is necessary wrong but I want the one that''s 110% right ya know. Yes, I''d go with a round if I choose the MB. I also appreciate your very kind words
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo-

Thanks for this thread- I am seriously considering the Michael B princess band for my w-band- although I would have to see it with my e-ring...Can I just ask you, was the Michael B princess eternity band the same band you tried on with the Daniel K split crown when you were at Pearlman's? Which eternity band was the one in this pic? I love it!

danielkpearlmans.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Dani,
Actually, the eternity band in the pic from Pearlman''s is the Daniel K bead set band. It is very, very similar to the MB bead set band. I''ll double check with Bill on the width of the dK band. I''m not sure if it''s 2mm or less.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I thought it might be the Daniel K eternity band- but figured I'd ask because I went to the Pearlman's website and it wasnt there, so then I thought it may be Michael b? Any idea on the price of that sucker? I need a band that is about 2 mm (which is the width of my e-ring). I tried on the Tiffany Legacy bead-set band which was so pretty with my e-ring, but I am not sure I want milgraining. Then when I saw this thread I was like, "ohh, maybe this band?" Are there any major differences between the Daniel K eternity and the Michael B bead set band (which I like also)? Is there milgraning on either the daniel k or the mb bead set bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results