shape
carat
color
clarity

Metal Color for "Natural White" Akoya Pair from Moline

Which metal for pearl setting and matching huggies?

• White Gold

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Hello!

I got these 7-7.5mm "AAA" Natural White Akoyas from Andrew Moline a while ago and set them into temporary rose gold filled long chains. I would like to set them into a more permanent home and am planning on drops to go on diamond huggies as I now prefer that look to threaders. I currently have a pair of plain white gold huggies and a pair of diamond rose gold huggies (with quite possibly the worst diamonds ever). I am in the market for tiny huggies with better stones and am choosing between rose gold and white gold for that. One of the things that will sway my decision is what to do with these pearls, so I figured I would solicit opinions! I wear and mix both rose gold and white metals, but no yellow gold for me. I don't have any other pearls that these need to match.

Because this is what I could quickly find, here's an 18k rose gold necklace vs a silver chain, and then with both pairs of huggies (14k WG vs 14K RG). All three photos are in natural light. I swear these photos don't do the pearls justice!

Thanks!

IMG_20231023_151032(1).jpg
IMG_20231023_144432(1).jpg IMG_20231023_144627.jpg

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
This is a tricky one because I automatically thought yellow gold but then I finished reading your post. Rose gold looks like it goes well with the tone of the pearls---is that what you see IRL? The real question comes down to which metal you will wear more often.

Good luck!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are reflecting the rosy color of your palm.
Unless you wear a lot of rose gold, I'd go with white gold, personally.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results