shape
carat
color
clarity

Metal alloys with high % of copper?

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
I know that various forms of Rose Gold get their color from copper in their alloy, but I was wondering if there are any other types of alloys (I couldn't find any others listed here other than the Tiffany & Co's 'exclusive' Rubedo) that also have the distinct coppery colored appearance. If they do exist, does anyone have them? I wasn't sure if they could be worn without causing the green marks on your skin.

Does anyone know if rose gold is the most coppery you can get? And am I the only person nutty enough to think that a prasiolite would look really pretty set in something like that? :)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I can't answer your question but a lot of us on the CS forum enjoy green stones in rose gold. (LD, avert your eyes!) It was a possibility for my prasiolite, but it turned out that green gold actually complemented the stone best, so that's what I used.

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
jstarfireb|1349578134|3280838 said:
I can't answer your question but a lot of us on the CS forum enjoy green stones in rose gold. (LD, avert your eyes!) It was a possibility for my prasiolite, but it turned out that green gold actually complemented the stone best, so that's what I used.

Ooh, do you have a photo of it? I looked through some of your threads but couldn't find one... the only "chartreuse" green I've seen is the one from here: http://reinsteinross.com/sub_page.php?id=23&sid=4&aid= which to me just looks really yellow.

I was actually thinking about asking if people had any green gold rings, and if so I'd love to see them in my original thread.... I don't have a firm enough idea of what color it is to really begin to think about what stones would go with it!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
10K rose gold is my gold color/alloy of choice lately because

1) It's very inexpensive compared to other gold karatage

2) To me, it looks identical to 14K rose gold

3) I love copper

4) Tiffany came out with an overpriced 7 karat gold, mostly copper alloy, called robedo, so when I buy my 10K rose gold, I feel luxurious. :lol:

And I love minty green stones in rose gold. I have some set in that metal. They glow in there.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sure, the shank is silver and the bezel and accents are green gold. The ring was made by Julia Kay Taylor.

prasring2.jpg

prasring1-1.jpg

182088_747991751514_14300210_40741239_834735_n.jpg

The stone unset:
Pra314_sm.jpg

I think someone here had a chartreuse chrysoberyl set in green gold by Whiteflash. I can't remember who!

ETA: You may not find many other examples of prasiolite here because a lot of people on this forum aren't very fond of treated stones, and prasiolite is irradiated. I love it though!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jstarfireb|1349579248|3280842 said:
I think someone here had a chartreuse chrysoberyl set in green gold by Whiteflash. I can't remember who!

That would be Mochi's chrysoberyl in a green gold Whiteflash mount

stacks_image_136.png

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, TL! That was it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you used the PS search function, typing the word "green gold"? You'll get more pictures, descriptions and comments than responses to your question.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
green gold alloy is gold with silver. silver shank/green gold ring above is lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results