shape
carat
color
clarity

Mesurements?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jellilorum

Rough_Rock
I am considering purchasing a certain diamond. I have an EGL report number, I know the carat weight, color, and clarity rating of the diamond. On this certificate there is also a section that says "measurements 5.67-5.61x3.52 mm". What are these measurements exactly?

vafungal

Rough_Rock
Is this a square cut diamond? sounds that way...it looks familiar to me because I'm shopping for a square also...the measurement is the ratio,

length x width x depth,
length divide by width, should give you a ratio of 1.01 (excellent ratio!), which means this is a perfectly square diamond! not sure about rest of parameters..the ideal ratio for square stone is .95 to 1.05. Hope this helps! :read: :))

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Vafungal is correct :)

For the round shape measurements tell the maximum and minimum diameter and the total depth in millimeters.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
36-24-36

:)

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry-I was in a silly mood today. :bigsmile:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
LOL Garry! Not quite.

Maybe 36-26-34 ;-)

Jellilorum

Rough_Rock
Actually ... I am

36x25x34 ... thank you very much! If you do gymnastics from the age of 4-18 ... you just never get any curves ... :errrr:

Now that that issue is cleared up ...

THIS SITE AND FORUM HAVE BEEN A TREMENDOUS HELP in our first diamond buying experience!

I should have know what the response to the word "measurements" would be on an internet forum ... boys ... sigh.
:love:

I have found a very nicely cut .70 carat diamond with a Tiffany & Co. setting ... OOOO! SPARKLE! SPARKLE! I am not the first owner ... but my boyfriend seemed quite pleased to keep a few extra thousand dollars in his checking account! :bigsmile:

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Enjoy your diamond. :)

Oh, and blame me, a woman. My silliness just gets them going. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results