shape
carat
color
clarity

Mercedes SL550 Diamond Exterior

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
In case you''re wondering what you''re paying for when you fill up at the gas station... It might be this diamond studded Mercedes SL550 made for Saudi Arabian businessman Prince Waleed Bin Talal, the world''s fourth-richest man. This car was made for him and was on display at the auto show in oil rich Dubai to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mercedes SL550 series. The cost? A mere 4.8 Million, but you can touch it for a grand.

DIAMONDSTUDDEDMERC-image002.jpg

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
OMG that is fabulous!!

Totally over the top, but still fabulous>

$1000 to touch it?!?! No thankyou!

Can you imagine trying to find an ultrasonic to clean that baby with? ;-)

You''d be terrified of bumping it & losing diamonds. You couldn''t park it anywhere...

It''s great though.. I love it!

Can I get one in pink diamonds please?

x x x

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh wow - I want one.... NOW!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is insane! Isn''t that where they auctioned off license plates too? The "1" plate was sold for millions.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ha...I read that title as:

Mercedes SL 500 Diamond Extender.

I thought; OK some woman has figured that a car for hubby is THE solution to continue or extend our diamond buying.

I need to take a nap. It is not what I expected when I opened it. Not at all.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2008 12:40:52 PM
Author:niceice
In case you''re wondering what you''re paying for when you fill up at the gas station... It might be this diamond studded Mercedes SL550 made for Saudi Arabian businessman Prince Waleed Bin Talal, the world''s fourth-richest man. This car was made for him and was on display at the auto show in oil rich Dubai to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Mercedes SL550 series. The cost? A mere 4.8 Million, but you can touch it for a grand.
Is it diamond dust or actual pave work?
3.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 2:15:06 PM
Author: baby monster

3.gif

I don''t know, but the car gives me an idea... I''m thinking that the Cute Little Baby Monster needs to upgrade those bright red horns to a pair that is diamond and ruby studded
2.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2008 2:19:19 PM
Author: niceice

Date: 2/19/2008 2:15:06 PM
Author: baby monster

3.gif

I don''t know, but the car gives me an idea... I''m thinking that the Cute Little Baby Monster needs to upgrade those bright red horns to a pair that is diamond and ruby studded
2.gif
LOL my drawing skills are maxed out with the horns as is!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
What the eff?!?! What a ridiculous idea for a car!!! ...I want it.
3.gif

Oh yeah, love the furry seats too.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Now THAT is my next car...

and it was license plate #4....1 is going on the auction block very soon tho!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 3:16:05 PM
Author: Italiahaircolor
Now THAT is my next car...

and it was license plate #4....1 is going on the auction block very soon tho!

Some people have WAY to much money for their good sense. Hopefully they give to charity as well.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Some people have WAY to much money for their good sense. Hopefully they give to charity as well.

Thought the same thing.

38.gif

especially when some in the world can't even afford to eat.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a problem with the way rich people spend their money, but I DO have a major issue with that thing being on the road! What, is he going to buy sunglasses for all the other drivers to wear too? That is a serious road hazard in the sizzling Dubai sun!!!!!!!!

(and I thought my wee ring was blinding when I drive......
14.gif
Bring on the "Bling Bonnets"!)

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock
This guy also has his own Airbus A380 on order for use as a private jet.

I have my doubts about this car, though. I don''t know if you could cover an entire SL600 (that''s not an SL550) with diamonds for just $4 million.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a waste. I guess if you have it then you have a right to spend it how you please but...it just seems silly. All the time spent setting those stones when you likely can''t realistically drive that thing and it''ll become dated quickly as *most* cars do.

nobody

Rough_Rock
Not sure where that information came from, but that car belongs to a japanese accessory tuner company (Garson/DAD - even there company sticker is visible on the windshield). I have seen the car in person twice, Both times at the SEMA (Specialty equipment market association) show in las vegas, 2006 and 2007. Website www.garson.co.jp

And those are NOT diamonds, they are Swarovski crystals. They said it took over 3 months for 3 guys day and night to cover the whole car.

They are now even in the U.S.
http://www.garson-usa.com/

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 4:13:40 PM
Author: nobody
Not sure where that information came from, but that car belongs to a japanese accessory tuner company (Garson/DAD - even there company sticker is visible on the windshield). I have seen the car in person twice, Both times at the SEMA (Specialty equipment market association) show in las vegas, 2006 and 2007. Website www.garson.co.jp

And those are NOT diamonds, they are Swarovski crystals. They said it took over 3 months for 3 guys day and night to cover the whole car.

Thanks for clarifying. Did they charge $1000 to touch it?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

Well, that sucks. I picked it up from one of the electronic gem newsletters that floods our inbox, but also found it here http://toronto.ibegin.com/diamonds/

nobody

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 4:57:28 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Thanks for clarifying. Did they charge $1000 to touch it?
Nope. They (company reps) were really nice. They let everyone touch it for free, and you could tell thats it been touched a lot, fingerprints and missing crystals from the constant touching from people.

There were quite a few that even sat in it to take pictures.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
how pretty. it looks awesome! and it''s done on the SL550! my dream car!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh
3.gif
! I bet that sparkles like a mofo on a sunny day, woo!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 3:33:53 PM
Author: coatimundi

Thought the same thing.

38.gif

especially when some in the world can''t even afford to eat.
Ditto. That''s crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results