shape
carat
color
clarity

mens wedding band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
the BF had a very interesting idea this weekend...outa no where in the middle of church he whisphers " i think i want my wedding band to be BLACK titanium with white diamonds...about 7 channel set going through the middle" any one seen this done i thnk its soooo cool!!! if you guys might have pictures id love to see this...thnkx

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have never seen anything like that, but I know that Boone''s does all titanium rings and that some guys have had custom stuff done by them on here-

http://www.boonerings.com/

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen anything like it, but it really sounds cool and i''d like to see a pic when you have the final product. Good luck on your search.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
if he gets that kind of a band how cool would it be if i get a black diamond pave band! that way theres a little matching...hmmm just a thought..were a bit diffrent and thats how i like it

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2007 11:23:07 PM
Author: emilina22
if he gets that kind of a band how cool would it be if i get a black diamond pave band! that way theres a little matching...hmmm just a thought..were a bit diffrent and thats how i like it
good! I always get excited to see new and unusual things here :)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emilina, that sounds like a really unique and fun piece of jewelry (and for you both if you get something to "match"!) I love seeing other couples'' unique wedding bands...it may not be my taste but I am a big fan of seeing creativity and personality in wedding jewelry!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i know we may not be engaged yet but we know what we want and our tastes are a mix between traditional and unique like i have my heart set on this one tacori ring...and i want two bands one plain pave sweet band and then the black diamond one to somewhat incorperate his black titanium...well see thats what were looking at now...i feel that itll give our rings a nice pop and something that will set us apart from the millions of wedding sets in the world!!!
36.gif
36.gif
i mean shouldnt these bands represent you as a couple? wether they match or not they should somehow incorperate the uniquness of the two of us becomeing one...cheesy i know but i do believe that...we want something matching but they typical matchy matchy sets...and black diamonds are sooooooo diffrent especially against a white diamond pave band and the delicacy of the tacori my heart is set on.....i LOVE it...hes so smart

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Channel settings are very tough to do in titanium. The metal doesn''t want to "mush" over the girdle of the stones because it''s very hard and springy. I''ve recently had success with "black titanium" ring trials, which is actually zirconium. The coating gets done after the ring is made, so the stones would have to be subjected to high heat, which may be a problem.

Here''s a new one that''s got diamonds in the raw form. Truely a guy ring.
9.gif

carbonfiber.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
the second one going up is what he wanted with the channel set rbs they are sooo cool and original thank you so much for that picture!!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thanks so much for that link!!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 5:56:34 PM
Author: DillPickle
A quick google got me the following as the first result...

Black Titanium Rings

This is totally off topic but I absolutely love your avatar. It''s cracking me up!!!!

And here are some more rings, Emilina!

*M*

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!!!! for the links i gotta show him these sites

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to mention Emilina, we got our wedding rings from titaniumrings.com, and they had great service and quality, just in case your wondering about the company in general.

*M*

DillPickle

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 7:14:25 PM
Author: poptart
This is totally off topic but I absolutely love your avatar. It''s cracking me up!!!!

LMAO! You, my friend, are not alone. I''ve wasted many a minute just watching it and giggling to myself. You should hear it to music... I believe the Macarena sounds just as good. lol

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
dillpickle that is SOOOOOOOOO funny
36.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I had actually seen one of these bands. I asked the guy is that black titanium? He was surprised I knew what it was. Anyways, I thought it looked pretty cool. I have yet to see another since.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2007 7:43:12 PM
Author: DillPickle
Date: 3/28/2007 7:14:25 PM

Author: poptart

This is totally off topic but I absolutely love your avatar. It's cracking me up!!!!

LMAO! You, my friend, are not alone. I've wasted many a minute just watching it and giggling to myself. You should hear it to music... I believe the Macarena sounds just as good. lol
Thank you SO much for that. I started laughing OUT LOUD when I saw that!!! You have officially made my day. That is one of the funniest things ever. Thank you.
9.gif

*M*

ETA: That site it came from looks really neat, too! So thanks for that as well!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
the one thing I don''t like about titanium is that it''s not resizable and it''s one thing if you are going to get a cheap titanium ring around $100, but to spend over that is a little foolish since they are not resizable. I life time of wear he''s bound to gain weight at one point.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
we did talk about the whole resizing issue last night....be his heart is set on that design...im sure we can figure something out...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
We had to get hubby a new wedding ring after he gained some weight (in his defense, he was 6'' 4" and 145 pounds at our wedding--he needed to gain weight!). So he upgraded for our 17th wedding anniversary and got diamonds too.
18.gif
Original ring was just a plain band and we had it stretched once, but it could not be resized more than that. And styles had changed. Men just did not wear diamond wedding bands when we were married. I guess what I am saying is get him what he wants, and as long as you are aware of the sizing issues, everything will work out just fine.

BTW, I think diamonds in titanium look very cool. My guy would love that look, too!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
does your husband like the black titanium??? does he wear it all tthe time...im just asking cause i dont know how durable it is....i never really lookied into titanium....but its a cool look adn my BF loves it

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
my husband''s ring is black and grey titanium, he loves it! no diamonds, he''s not really a diamond kind of guy, but i think that would look super cool too. we got it about 1/2 size big because of the sizing issue so it is a little loose but no big deal. he never takes it off, and gets tons of compliments because it is so different from your typical band. as for durabillity, it actually got run over by a car once (fell off when he waved to someone at the airport and it was freezing and raining) and only got a little scratch. you can see his "car scar" on the attached picture. ;-) he''s HARD on his ring and it''s barely scratched other than that... we bought the titanium band on our honeymoon because the nice gold band we got married was terribly scratched 4 days after the wedding, i knew he would end up destroying it! lol. his is from artcarved, it''s holding up really well. good luck, what your future hubby wants sounds cool!!!

johnring1.JPG

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thanks jennalyns
thats awesome advice i was only concerned about its durability becasue hes an electrician and he works with his hands so a white gold or even platinum ring would get pretty ruined.....we may not go a full 1/2 size bigger but a quarter becasue hes got kinda skinny fingers....even if theyve grown recently (was an 8.5 now is a 9 but wint admit it...
20.gif
)....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results