shape
carat
color
clarity

mens wedding band suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dan10

Rough_Rock
I''m looking for something a bit different for myself, but I can''t seem to find THE ONE.
15.gif

I would be very pleased to see any suggestions.

Best

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What type of metal are you considering? Do you want a band with stones?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
One neat site for something a little different is:

http://www.boonerings.com

My fiancé wants to have a titanium ring for everyday wear, and a platinum one for special occasions.

BTW, are you wanting comfort fit or standard?

dan10

Rough_Rock
I like platinum and rings with nice shapes, but I dont think I fancy any stones. I do like sapphires thou.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Does titanium polish scratch like platinum? Can it be polished as similar or as often?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Titanium is basically indestructable from what I've heard. It's not only lighter, but men can wear it while working out, surfing, etc. without scratching the metal or hurting it in any way. Also, it's a heck of a lot cheaper so you can always buy several rings!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
One more Q... can you wear a titanium ring and a plat e-ring together without one hurting the other?

Is there much of a color difference?

I definitely like it for myself, but who knows, maybe it will work for her too?

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
One thing which I thought was really cool was mokume gane, with different metals folded together. Make sure to get a sleeve of one kind of metal inside the ring, to prevent a mild battery-effect.

http://www.mokume-gane.com

researcher

Ideal_Rock
That's a good question which I have no answer to! Actually, I can't answer the color question either. Sorry! I'd contact Bruce Boone and see what he has to say (I've heard he has EXCELLENT customer service, and will get back to you immediately). If you do contact him, please post the answers!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
My hubby has a titanum ring, and the color is a little different than platinum, kinda darker grey, so it might not go so well against a platinum ring. His has a satin or brushed finish. He has worn it surfing, and and all kinds of other thing. it does scratch, but they told me with the brushed finish you just take some steel wool and buff it up, and it look like new again. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it'll work. He seems to love it, and he's happy that he doesn't have to worry about it. It is VERY light, and comfort fit, so he says it feels really nice on. I don't think he even notices he's wearing it anymore! Good luck with the search!

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dan, for starters have a look through these sites because they offer a good variety of rings for gents. Maybe you'll see something you like or perhaps be inspired by a particular style.
aurumjewellers
gilletts
coge

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/30/2004 5:11:24 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

I definitely like it for myself, but who knows, maybe it will work for her too? ----------------

I don't know if you're planning to have kids, but she may well need a larger ring size post-pregnancy, which would mean a new ring in titanium.

I think the two metals look fairly different, so I wouldn't put them together. Perhaps a band with a cool finish or design might be a nice gift for when her rings might get damaged, though? (it's a good excuse, at least, and not terribly expensive
1.gif
)

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys! I did get such an e-mail today as a matter of fact. I said that the color of titanium might best be described as the chromium of a car bumper or a toaster. It's just slightly darker than platinum. When they are first polished out, the colors are nearly identical, but the platinum will lighten slightly over time and the titanium will sometimes darken very slightly making more contrast. With a platinum ring and a titanium ring worn side by side, the titanium one is harder, so will scratch the platinum one more than the other way around.

Different finishes have differing degrees of difficulty to keep looking new. A beadblast surface easily gets scratched looking because the tiny hills of material get rounded down. A brushed finish is more robust and is easy to keep looking new by simply buffing it with a ScotchBrite pad. A polished finish is a little tougher for a consumer to keep polished, but it can be done with a buffing wheel and a compound made for stainless steel. Most titanium manufacturers offer a lifetime refinishing policy.

A titanium ring can usually be stretched a bit in size, but they can't be sized smaller. A word of caution with surfing with a ring; I have a LOT of customers that lose their rings doing water sports! I just this week had a daughter and son in law of a neighbor call from the Bahamas on their honeymoon. He lost his gold and platinum ring snorkeling. Doh! I guess the fingers shrinking, the lubricity of the water, and the splashing around are just the ticket for making them come off.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the info, Bruce! Your rings are beautiful; my better half and I will be contacting you soon to have 3 rings made (he looses things, so we want to be prepared!).

dan10

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link, i found some really awsome rings. Even on platinum, which usually dont have that many designs

Thanks a lot, keep the links coming please.
wavey.gif

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
As you can see Bruce is on top of things. He answered my questions and even jumped on PS and posted them here before I had a chance to!

Here's the picture he sent me to show the difference in color of Titaniaum vs. Platinum.

It seems that, by his descrip, polished titanium finish should look more shiny and mirror-y than the white of new polished plat.

Thanks Bruce!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing Ti is more like wearing silk - it takes imagination to recognize that the weightless, smooth mass is metal. And there seems to be a better choice of modern rings in unusual shapes made of Ti... such as THESE and THESE. Complicated prisms and unusual sections like these would likely be feasible in platinum, but simply not done. Besides, I think Ti holds those shapes better and makes them wearable (given lightweight and strength). And inlays are quite a bit more striking against the darker gray background of Titanium... such as THESE

I am not sure whether it would work to have something very unusual designed from scratch, but there seem to be enough unusual designs already
2.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
If you are looking for something unique with no stones these are nice. All can be found at www.dimendscaasi.com
wed04A_large.jpg

wed06CJA_large.jpg

Unique with Stone
wed07B1_large.jpg

Round with Saph
wed07B_large.jpg

Sami

Rough_Rock
I have found some nice platinum ring designs from this website

http://www.benchmarkrings.com/

They have many models, thats are usually found only on yellow or whiter gold only.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results