shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens wedding band, laced with bling

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamondseeker0102

Rough_Rock
So i have spent the past three months researching to find the perfect diamond (2.04ct cushion) for my fiance and in the process managed to get myself hooked on diamonds. So now it''s my turn!!! I know that I am looking for some serious bling but want to avoid looking like liberarchie.
I work as a chiropractor so the ring needs to be in a somewhat flush setting. I would therefore appreciate your opinions once again on the following. I don''t know how to post the pics.....sorry but here are the links.

Option 1
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/christian-bauer-jewelry/rings/08RR1/18/

Option 2
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/christian-bauer-jewelry/rings/02RR1/24/ but instead of one vertical column of diamonds I think I wold go with six!!!

All opinions would be greatfully received

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm...well both are nice. I kinda like the second one you posted better. have you asked your fiancee? I''d see which she prefers and go with that
1.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
They''re both so different. I guess it depends how many diamonds you want. What does your fiance''s wedding band or engagement ring look like? Maybe you can get something that matches hers?

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I like #2

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 7:24:43 PM
Author:Diamondseeker0102

So i have spent the past three months researching to find the perfect diamond (2.04ct cushion) for my fiance and in the process managed to get myself hooked on diamonds. So now it''s my turn!!! I know that I am looking for some serious bling but want to avoid looking like liberarchie.

I work as a chiropractor so the ring needs to be in a somewhat flush setting. I would therefore appreciate your opinions once again on the following. I don''t know how to post the pics.....sorry but here are the links.

Option 1

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/christian-bauer-jewelry/rings/08RR1/18/

Option 2

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/christian-bauer-jewelry/rings/02RR1/24/ but instead of one vertical column of diamonds I think I wold go with six!!!

All opinions would be greatfully received

I like the second one. I also love that you love diamonds!

As a girl, I like the idea of a matching wedding band, BUT, if the e-ring gets to be my preference, I don''t necessarily think that my ring should dictate either our rings, or my FF''s ring, so I think it''s great to pick what you like! I would hope your FI would want you to have a ring that you love, just like you wanted her to have the perfect ring! Happy shopping!

I really like this one too,

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/christian-bauer-jewelry/rings/03RR1/24/

but I would want diamonds that touched and looked seamless, maybe princesses or something, is that called invisible setting? I don''t know about custom men''s rings... But I like the top and bottom diamonds, I would just like them to look more fluid.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Those are both good options. But I definitely like option 1 the best. That''s a great band. If I were designing one like that myself-I would go with about half the number of baguettes so they were spaced a little more apart. However Mrs.2Artists likes it exactly how it is. I like squared diamonds for men''s rings.
But both are great choices so you can''t go wrong.

Since you are a chiropractor you''d have to judge whether or not having diamonds go all the way around would be problematic for you.

Mr.2Artists

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I like the style of the second ring,but...wow 8 grand for .30 of diamonds! I may be called a kill joy...but for that price you could get a killer size single diamond for your wedding ring or a right hand ring.(wear a plain band to the office and keep the other ring for dress or for your left hand after work.)there are many other designers/jewelers who create a nice platinum ring with princess cuts for a fourth of the one you are considering....Also keep in mind that bagettes need alot of cleaning to look good and i would not suggest a band that has diamonds all the way around because of chipping and sizing problems ...besides i would much rather have a huge single diamond in a gents ring then 2 carats of baggettes for $25,000!

SYC

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s great that you''re hooked on diamonds now! My fiance has three little diamonds in a band he wears as an engagement ring, so I''m all for it.

Just wanted to second someone else''s opinion here though -- these prices seem very high! You may want to check out Whiteflash -- I know they''ve done custom men''s rings before because we were thinking of using them. You may want to see what it would cost for them to do something similar to the rings you posted.

Also, have you checked out Tiffany''s and DeBeers for comparison? They have men''s rings with some small diamonds, though perhaps not so blingy. But those might be a good point of reference.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I like the second one as well, but the price would bother me. Signed Pieces has two bands that are similar:

12 baguettes
6 baguettes

They have a 6 princess version too, I''m sure they could do a band like the second one with six columns of stacked princesses.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''m in the minority - I like the first one better. It looks more masculine to me for some reason.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
If I had to choose from those two, I''d go with the first one for several reasons. That one looks more masculine due to the rectangle shaped, less flashy baguettes. I also like that they aren''t touching, giving a more understated look which is what I would prefer as a professional using my hands on the client. Finally, I like how they are set asymetrically to one side of the ring, giving it an artsy feel -- which is appropriate for one in the art of choirpractice.

sparxs111

Shiny_Rock
I like the first one. Im a diamond guy too. As for choosing a ring that you FI wants, I say go with the one you love. You''re the one wearing it. Matching bands are great don''t get me wrong.

rcrosier

Shiny_Rock
Wow... Whats with those ridiculous prices???

dan58

Rough_Rock
If you want an honest opinion, men should under no circumstances wear diamonds. They should not appear on wedding bands, watches, or ears. Spend your money on your wife, not yourself. Call me retrosexual, but women are on a pedestal.
I plan to spend less than $200 on a wedding band. It will be nothing more than a plain old titanium band.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
On a kinda side note we once saw an absolutely amazing spine ring a few years ago on an online site. It was on a site that had some very artistic and unusual jewelry. I have seen other spine rings since but never one as cool as that. It was a perfect metal spine that wrapped around the finger-it was gorgeous and my husband loved it. Not something everyone would like of course. For some reason your profession reminded me of it again.:)

Oh and I can''t wait to see what diamond band you choose!

Mrs. 2Artists

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
This one is from Knox, in their custom section:

956_1_image.jpg

Diamondseeker0102

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your comments....

I have already contacted Whiteflash for quotes on both rings and they are coming in similar in price.

I''ve looked at getting Ring 1 with a few less baguettes and ring 2 with eight rows of 3 princess cuts.

At a local jeweller I was advised against baguette and stepped cut diamonds when they are this small, as they appear more yellow in colour. Does anyone out there know if this is true?? I realise that the princess will have more sparkle....but will this necessarily mean that they will appear whiter?

Has anyone got a ring like these that can post a picture??

Keep your comments coming....I need to make a decision this week!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 5:51:15 PM
Author: Diamondseeker0102

At a local jeweller I was advised against baguette and stepped cut diamonds when they are this small, as they appear more yellow in colour. Does anyone out there know if this is true?? I realise that the princess will have more sparkle....but will this necessarily mean that they will appear whiter?

i''d call pearlmans and ask them. they will also send out the ring to you to view in person so you could decide for yourself. be sure to tell them you are from pricescope and ask for a quote.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I dont like the first one enough to pay $25,000 for it

And I don''t like the second one enough to pay $8,000 for it.

If you like those rings....have them custom made by another jeweler where you wont pay for the "name". You could probably get away with a lower carat weight in the bags ... and still have a very powerful impact.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what are the size of those baguettes, but if they are D E or F color VVS clarity in a white metal, they will not look yellow. I have a horizontal baguette band of E/F color set between two T&Co round E color bands (all platinum channel set), and the baguettes actually look whiter than the rounds! I think its due to the light reflecting back in larger slices. As for the prices, they are ridiculous, and the style is easily reproduced. If you don''t care about the name, you can save a ton of money elsewhere.

Diamondseeker0102

Rough_Rock

So things have moved on a pace since I last posted. In the end based on the advise of the vendors I deceided to go with princess cut rather than step cut diamonds.

I have justed received the CAD images and would love to know what you think before providing final approval!!!

Plana1.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the design a lot! One question -- are there three rows of diamonds total or are there more we can't see from this view? I only ask because I wonder if it will bother you if the ring spins on your finger. If that's the case then maybe get a euro shank so the ring won't move much. Just my 2 cents.

ETA: Never mind! Only the first pic was up when I typed out my post.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 7:24:43 PM
Author:Diamondseeker0102
I know that I am looking for some serious bling but want to avoid looking like liberarchie.
Ahahaha this cracked me up SO much!

I really like these CADs. That is one blingy ring in a very classy way.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
A yeas from me...but i wouldnt put diamonds all the way around...just on top....you will be glad you left sizing room when you gain weigh,swell from summer heat or eating to much salt or standing,or just age(i was a size 7 at age 21 and now a size 10 at 46 )

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto on the classy bling! I really like the design. I also think that you might not want to take them all the way around. Maybe lose one row on the bottom for future sizing?

Diamondseeker0102

Rough_Rock
Looking at the cad designs again I notice on the inside of the ring there are holes, presumably where the diamonds are channel set. Does anyone know whether this is a design necessity . I think I would prefer the inside of the ring solid but I ws just wondering whether the holes perform some vital function.

Corey J.

Rough_Rock
Chiropractor ! Did you go to Palmer College here in Davenport IA? I can not speak highly enough about your field. You guys have put me back together many of times.

The ring you had posted can be adjusted (no pun intended) to fit the way you want the ring to look. I would not do solid, solid on the back. You need some kind of hole to clean the diamond.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, those CADs are gorgeous. I think going with princess cut stones was a good decision. Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results