shape
carat
color
clarity

men''''s wedding band- help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I''''ve lurked for quite some time in colored stones, and have only recently started posting. I had a question that I didn''''t feel really belonged there, so, if this is misplaced- sorry!!

My FI and I have been looking for a wedding band for him, but he''''s terribly indecisive. He likes the darker tungsten, brushed white metals, and some scott kay designs.

My question is this: did you have a hard time finding a band for your FI/DH?? did he pick his out? or did you just match it to yours?

any vendor suggestions or info on metals would be very appreciated!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Heh. We spent ages upon ages looking for DH's ring. He wanted tungsten, but didn't like any of the facet patterns available. We had almost purchased a laser cut WG band when he finally stumbled across a tungsten band in a pattern he liked.
1.gif

His tungsten ring is almost 3 years old and still looks brand spankin new. It's a pretty cool metal!

ETA: His doesn't match mine at all.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks geckodani. We''ve looked a LOT, and he really really likes one of the Scott Kay bands, but I''m sure he would destroy it in about a week. He works at a gym and is always coming into contact with metal. He''s pretty rough on his hands. I think tungsten is the way to go. I saw some designs he might like on tungstenworld.com but I don''t know if they are a ''good'' online vendor. they seem good, but, some PS reassurance wouldn''t be so bad.

I''m not concerned about matching at all. I was just wondering if most people''s FI/DH just got what matched, or if they were really involved with it.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ok... so after looking, does anyone know ballpark how much a tungsten ring is going to cost??? lets say a 6mm, size 9? I mean, inexpensive is great, but I don''t want something cheaply made or something that isn''t what it says it is...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
thanks again geckodani! and sorry I had it in the wrong thread!
5.gif
I haven''t really lurked anywhere else- I guess that''s what I get for coming out of colored stones lol!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
My husband picked his out. We went looking together but ultimately he has to wear it...so he has to be happy with it. I didn''t want it to match mine..just wanted him to love it. He picked something that I didn''t think I would like but when it was on his finger...it was beautiful!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
I like those tungsten bands... I like the idea of having it be so durable and not scratch.

That being said, my husbands band does match mine. It is 14K yellow gold. We just wanted to have them match, but I think it is really a personal choice, and we just both happened to like yellow gold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results