shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens tungsten wedding band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GregFarz

Rough_Rock
Not sure if this is the right section or not but can someone recommend me a place online to buy a tungsten wedding band? I bought one I found on amazon but unfortunately I ordered a size 10 and need a 9 they don''t have any in stock so I''m out of luck
7.gif
You can''t resize tungsten correct? Also why are tungsten rings online so cheap (about $50-60) compared to the same ring in the store for $250+ is mark up really that high on them?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You cannot resize them; I too noticed they are less expensive online.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2007 8:07:54 PM
Author:GregFarz
Not sure if this is the right section or not but can someone recommend me a place online to buy a tungsten wedding band? I bought one I found on amazon but unfortunately I ordered a size 10 and need a 9 they don''t have any in stock so I''m out of luck
7.gif
You can''t resize tungsten correct? Also why are tungsten rings online so cheap (about $50-60) compared to the same ring in the store for $250+ is mark up really that high on them?

While I am sure there is a large markup at B&M stores, there are also many varying qualities of tungsten from what I understand. Make sure you know what you''re getting before you order.

My FI got a titanium band from Boone Rings, but I don''t know where to send you for tungsten...

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
There are a lot of tungsten rings imported from China in large batches. This is why they are so cheap and why you can only get certain sizes. The equipment needed to make them is incredibly expensive, so there are only a few places that make them.

In the US, try Trew Tungsten, who was the first to perfect the process of making tungsten carbide rings.

Breezee

Rough_Rock
Is tungsten a good choice for men who work with their hands a lot? I do a lot of work with my hands, and I''m afraid of scratching my wedding band up throughout the years. What would be the ideal metal for active men?

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Tungsten carbide is an extremely hard metal. It''s really more of a ceramic than metal. It doesn''t scratch easily. It will however crack if subjected to extreme knocks. It takes about as much force as throwing it hard to the concrete in order to crack it.

Titanium is a tougher metal in that it won''t crack, but it can scratch.

Breezee

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/8/2007 7:47:09 PM
Author: boonerings
Tungsten carbide is an extremely hard metal. It''s really more of a ceramic than metal. It doesn''t scratch easily. It will however crack if subjected to extreme knocks. It takes about as much force as throwing it hard to the concrete in order to crack it.

Titanium is a tougher metal in that it won''t crack, but it can scratch.
What about simply dropping the tungsten on concrete??
28.gif
I can get careless at times, unfortunately.

boonerings

Shiny_Rock
Just dropping a tungsten ring to concrete probably won''t be enough to break it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results