shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Tungsten Wedding Band

atx33

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a plain flat 8mm mens tungsten wedding band and have found a few online. I am curious what sites are best recommended to purchase from. Here are 4 that I have found:

Tungsten World $179: http://www.tungstenworld.com/THOR-Flat-Tungsten-Wedding-Ring/
Debebians $99: http://www.debebians.com/turiin8mmcof1.html
Eweddingbands $95: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product1305.html
Titanium Kay $79: http://www.titaniumkay.com/Tungsten-Carbide-10MM-Flat-Wedding-Band-Ring-P104121.html ** I can only find 6mm & 10mm on their site but I was going to call to see if they have an 8mm, I'm sure they would.

Anyone have any experience with any of these sites? Are any of these a little better or worse in quality?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only place that I can recall hearing about from your choices is e-weddingbands.com. I know people have bought from
them without a problem.

I would probably go with a comfort fit.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son-in-law just got his from Tungsten World in December. It is fine quality and we would recommend them.

atx33

Rough_Rock
Thanks tyty and diamondseeker for your quick response. Those are probably my top 2 choices so far from the research I have done on PS. I am curious why Tungsten Worlds is $80 more though. Is it a little better quality?

Actually they are running a special right now with a code of heart35, you receive $35 off on orders over $100. So the total will be $144.

janlwf

Rough_Rock
I've ordered from Titanium Kay and it came very quickly. My hubby loves his new stylish band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, the information on Tungsten was pretty impressive on Tungsten World and I felt like it was offering the kind of info that I am accustomed to here on PS. I liked the lifetime sizing and replacement offer. We just thought it was worth paying a little more since often you get what you pay for, and they just didn't have the time to order more than one to compare or find out what all were made of. It could be that they are all equal in quality..we just didn't have a lot to go on.

atx33

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297556018|2850350 said:
Well, the information on Tungsten was pretty impressive on Tungsten World and I felt like it was offering the kind of info that I am accustomed to here on PS. I liked the lifetime sizing and replacement offer. We just thought it was worth paying a little more since often you get what you pay for, and they just didn't have the time to order more than one to compare or find out what all were made of. It could be that they are all equal in quality..we just didn't have a lot to go on.

Those are the same reasons I was leaning towards Tungsten World. I appreciate your feedback.

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
My husband ordered his band from Titanium Kay two years ago while he was stationed in Korea. They delivered quickly and we found the prices to be reasonable :) After two years of heavy army living (the first year he had it he was working primarily on the tracks of tanks) I can say that it's still shiny and unscratched! We got him one of the black ones and I suppose the black coloring was added on top instead of it being the actual metal since some of it has been scratched off. But only the coloring, leaving the metal itself unscratched. :) wherever you purchase your tungsten band, i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

atx33

Rough_Rock
Looks like I have some good options. Thanks everyone.

atx33

Rough_Rock
CamoKitty|1297558733|2850388 said:
My husband ordered his band from Titanium Kay two years ago while he was stationed in Korea. They delivered quickly and we found the prices to be reasonable :) After two years of heavy army living (the first year he had it he was working primarily on the tracks of tanks) I can say that it's still shiny and unscratched! We got him one of the black ones and I suppose the black coloring was added on top instead of it being the actual metal since some of it has been scratched off. But only the coloring, leaving the metal itself unscratched. :) wherever you purchase your tungsten band, i'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Thanks for your post, I started looking Titanium Kay a little closer because of it. I think I like a brushed metal look better and came across this one which is the leading contender right now: http://www.titaniumkay.com/ATHOS-Tungsten-Carbide-Wedding-Band-Ring-P102632.html

TimMD

Shiny_Rock
My fiancee just bought my ring from Titanium Kay. She got it last week and loves it (I personally havent seen it yet). I did alot of research on where she should buy from and Titanium Kay had great reviews and everything I read seems that the quality of their tungsten is quite good. I am by no stretch an expert but I thought their site was quite informative and things you should look for and avoid and with all the reviews, I was comfortable with them and their prices were good. We got the piece very fast and from what my fiancee says, it is exactly as advertised and very nice. I hope that helps, good luck! 8)

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
Yay! I'm glad I was helpful! Lol. That band looks pretty good! They've got a lot of great options on Titanium Kay. It was a difficult choice to narrow down which one we wanted. Good luck and have fun :)

atx33

Rough_Rock
Just got back from visiting the local store that carries Tacori to order the matching wedding band for my fiances engagement ring. So of course we looked at bands for me. She didnt have much there for tungsten but she pulled out a catalog and sized me for a comfort fit ring. She is bringing in 5 rings for me to look at, and they are all $100 even. I was surprised that they wouldnt be marked up more then that. From everything I have seen or read, they are usually $300-$500. The titanium rings in the book were only $60. So I might end up going that way.

I still appreciate the help. :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't go with titanium. It scratches more and is a much lighter metal. I'd stick with the tungsten! (maybe you meant you'd buy tungsten from the jeweler and not that you were thinking of going with titanium..could read that either way!)

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006 said:
Don't go with titanium. It scratches more and is a much lighter metal. I'd stick with the tungsten! (maybe you meant you'd buy tungsten from the jeweler and not that you were thinking of going with titanium..could read that either way!)

I have a titanium band with a satin/brushed finish from an Etsy vendor I wear maybe once a week, and while it does not scratch very easily, there are a few scuffs after 2 years of wear. I do like it because it's very light, but I'm glad I didn't go with titanium as a wedding band for my hubby as originally planned. He has a tungsten carbide ring from Titanium Kay, specifically the Icarus, and he absolutely loves it. He has never worn any other jewelry in his life, and the ring is fairly weighty, but he got used to it after a couple of weeks. A year and a half of daily wear later, there are still no scratches whatsoever (he works on a computer most of the day).

Before we found his ring on Titanium Kay, I had visited a few shops while searching for my own wedding band and most brick & mortar stores wanted to charge $300+ for tungsten rings! Overall, I'm pretty happy we purchased from Titanium Kay and I've recently considered getting their 2mm domed band just so I can have a matching ring to my hubby's -- the only reason I didn't do it before was that they didn't carry it at the time we got married.

atx33

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1297632262|2850924 said:

Sorry for leading you the wrong way. I am defiantly going with tungsten for my band. I was just really shocked at how inexpensive titanium was. After doing research on just the metals, I knew I wanted tungsten so I never looked at titanium pricing. I have a couple of friends that have bragged about their titanium wedding bands (even though they never wear them), and the way they talked, they were pricey.

CamoKitty

Rough_Rock
We considered titanium briefly as well. After doing some comparative research just on the properties of the metals (specifically safety in case it needed to be removed in emergencies), we stuck with the tungsten. Given enough force, titanium will bend out of round and it's possible to be cut off with special tools. Tungsten is more brittle, so it will shatter instead (but it takes a LOT of force to do so) and again requires special tools to remove in an emergency. We decided in case his hand was crushed for whatever reason we'd prefer the ring to shatter than bend, potentially causing further injury. Lol. He's a combat medic so we needed to think of every possible outcome. Most people won't need to worry about this :cheeky:

Either way, titanium was very expensive when it was first being used for jewelry use several years ago. Same with tungsten, though still costing more than titanium nowadays, the prices for both are going down. My husband's band was $85 :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results