shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens Titanium Wedding Bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I went to a jewelry store today to look for a wedding band for him and he picked a titanium band that had a channel set row of black diamonds. They reduced the price from $2500 to $2100, but I thought that I would look online for it because we found such a great quality and less expensive engagement ring...but I can''t find anything like it anywhere! Anyone have any suggestions!!!
Anyone have any thoughts on titanium rings or even black diamonds??!!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to check with Bruce Boone at boonerings.com. He does beautiful work and may be able to make something like this custom for you.
1.gif

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
i emailed them and he said that doing a channel set of any stone with titanium is very difficult because titanium can crush the stones, or something like that and that it bounces back...don't really get it, but I will take his word on it.I am so dissappointed becasue he loves that ring and it is 2100.00 which is a little above what I expected to pay for a titanium ring which are usually relativley inexpensive!! Anyone with thoughts or suggestions...

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I've seen prices for a platinum ring with channel-set black diamomds for less than that. Admittedly, it was for a 5mm width. Not sure what you're looking at.

Whitney Boin has a very attractive ring (also platinum) with the channel set black diamonds; I'm sure other metalsmiths can make a similar design for you if you're not totally set on the titanium (totally understandable if you are!)

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know titanium has a nice look, light weight, and high durability, BUT you cannot re-size it at all. I know of very few people whose fingers have not gotten larger over a few years time and then the $2100 is just not going to be money well spent. Why not get a white gold ring, set with the diamonds you like? It can be sized, it won't cost more, it won't look quite as gray as titanium, but it will be pretty durable if you get a hard alloy and other than a fully bright polished finish.

abbymax825

Rough_Rock
I went to the Whitney Boin website and I didn't see anything that had black diamonds...maybe I was looking inthe wrong place. I am concerned about the fact that it can't be resized. At first it wasn't a big issue because titanium us usually inexpensive, so that if it needed to be bigger, spending another 100 or so dollars wouldn't be that big of a deal. But 2100.00 is a whole different ball game. If anyone has seem a ring in white gold or platinum that has a channel set of black diamonds I would be interested, especially if it was less expensive. He liked the titanium because it was so light and he is not a big jewelry wearer and was concerned that it would be uncomfortable...I fingure that he would just have to get used to it, but I wanted it to be as easy to wear as possible!

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
If I remember correctly, I think Bruce said that he could resize titanium bands some small amount... I hope he'll correct me if I'm wrong.

JOEELI7

Rough_Rock
the price the are asking is to much!!!
the most you should pay for titanuim and black diamond is $900
black diamond is very inexpensive so is titanuim
dont pay more than that.

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Abby, I too was enticed by titanium because it was new and fresh at first. After reading that it cannot be sized makes you think twice about purchasing, especially at the price you were quoted. Who in your town would be able to size titanium if the manufacturer says they can't do it? I was able to find a couple of pics @ the links below, but I would heed Oldminer's warning.
tirings

ringsforever

Edited to add another site.

libertydiamonds

rfath

Shiny_Rock
the catalog on Boin's website has the rings... but a better way to see them is to go to pearlman's webpage (http://www.pearlmanjewlers.com) Black Diamond Ring

z71burb

Rough_Rock
http://www.titanium-jewelry.com/td10-bd.html

just something a little different with titanium and black diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results