shape
carat
color
clarity

Men's Tacori diamond wedding band..different shape diamonds?

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock
I guess I grew up seeing my parents with matching wedding bands and so it's always been in my head that the bands should match. I know that it's not a current trend today. But FH and I were shopping for his ring this weekend and I was surprised that he picked out a band with diamonds. The one he liked had 9 tiny princess cut stones. It's a gorgeous band by Tacori, very contemporary and suits him perfectly. But I have a few issues that I hope you PSers can help me with. First, it doesn't really match my ring (cushion solitaire with bright cut pave sides). I was told that Tacori can replace the stones with round ones, but we both really like the clean lines of the ring as is. Here's a quick photoshop (sorry they're so big). Which do you think looks better?

picture2_2.jpg
picture1_0.jpg

My other issue is that it's by Tacori. I wouldn't mind the Tacori price tag if I can be assured of the quality. But I've been reading that they've been having some quality issues the past few years, not only the workmanship but the diamonds that they use in their settings (heard they're not that sparkly???) We liked the band at the store, but I'm not sure if they were CZs in the sample and we all know about the crazy store lighting. I also looked around online and all the stores quoted me the same price. I'm guessing Tacori doesn't discount their rings at all. So do any of you have a Tacori men's band and can tell me about the quality?

Finally, I would love to see all your wedding sets, especially those that aren't so matchy-matchy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Men's Tacori diamond wedding band..different shape diamo

Matching doesn't matter to me. If he likes it he has to wear it. I like it the way it is with the princess stones and I usually prefer round. I think square here looks more masculine.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

I can't comment on Tacori men's bands (yet), my SO will be getting a Tacori band in the next few months. I, however, have the Tacori 2510. It has round side stones (they are graduated stones with the largest being around 3mm) and they are very white and sparkly. I'm constantly getting comments from people that the ring is so sparkly and blingy. Thus far, I am very happy with the quality and craftsmanship.

As for princess or round stones on your SO's band, I prefer the princess cuts. Like AprilBaby, I don't normally like princess cuts but in this case, the design is exceptional and I wouldn't change it. The stones aren't going to be very big so most people aren't going to know your stones don't match unless they hold them up very closely.

You're right about the Tacori pricetag, it's a bit much. The only 'deal' we were able to get as Canadians was the US pricing instead of Canadian pricing (which is even steeper, grrr). I have seen the occasional person find a Tacori setting online for cheaper but I think it may have been a going out of business sale and they were buying the in-store model (instead of sending the order to Tacori for a newly made piece). For SO and I, it came down to our style preferences and Tacori was the only one that met those preferences (and we could walk into our authorized dealer for repairs etc rather than mail/ship it off to somewhere in the States).

Sorry, I'm probably not much help.

ETA: I believe that Tacori has a deal where you buy a mens band, they give you a plain 'sport band' for free. This is nice as your SO can still wear a band while playing sports instead of putting additional wear and tear on his main band.

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock

Thanks ladies! I'm leaning toward the princess cut too.

Maccers, which band did your FH pick? Did you go with WG or platinum? The platinum one we want is a bit over $4K :shock: So it better be good quality for that $$$. BTW....I love your e-ring!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

The platinum pricing is killer, isn't it?

My SO is getting this band in yellow gold. He has a lovely darker skin tone, yellow gold looks so good on him plus my set is yellow gold and he wanted to match, lol. He may get white gold under the engraving (the 'background' behind the engraving) so that it's two tone. We'll be ordering it in two-three weeks and he'll have to decide then. He and I were shocked that he choose engraving on the ring...initially, he said 'no' to engraving and anything intricate but when he tried is on, he loved it.

_6082.jpg

Melanie611

Shiny_Rock

I LOVE the one your FH chose! That would actually match the band I chose for myself (Beverley K vine band). But my guy was strongly opposed to any type of engraving. Too bad he didn't change his mind like yours did. He was originally looking at two tone rings too but I think we'll be getting his in platinum to match mine. I definitely wasn't planning to spend that much and I've never been the type to pay extra for brand names, but it's the one he likes. And I'm worried that if we try to duplicate it, it won't end up the same.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

Oh wow, that Beverley K vine band is awesome! What's your e-ring like? Is it Beverley K too?

It's shocking how much men's bands can cost but I'm sure you're like me, you really want him (1) to wear it and (2) to love it. And (2) needs to happen in order for (1) to happen so we pony up the money. And when I think about the cost my e-ring and band, well, I really can't and shouldn't complain. :)

Please post pictures of your set and his when you get it! I can't wait to show off my SO's band and take pictures of them together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results