shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Rules - Funny

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 6:21:21 AM
Author: Basset Hound
Sorry folks, I guess my form of sarcasm is misunderstood. Iam not that way. I just enjoy scrapping my knuckles every once and awhile and see what i can stir up.
That original comment wasn''t sarcasm...it was plain rude. It''s one thing to stir things up by having a substantiated opinion...it''s quite another just to say baseless, sweeping comments and see how people react to them.
38.gif

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
Firegoddess: Your right, I was rude, ignorant, unlearned and uncouth. Please forgive me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2006 3:29:28 PM
Author: Basset Hound
Firegoddess: Your right, I was rude, ignorant, unlearned and uncouth. Please forgive me.
Well, that admission redeems you in my book.
35.gif
1.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Is tongue planted firmly in the cheek sarcasim not premitted on the net? Does that not come across via the written word? I knew the doggie was putting forth sarcasim. I thought it was pretty funny. As it is once again.
2.gif

When someone post such, I usually think they believe the total opposite - because they have the courage to post it as outrageous.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2006 3:46:06 PM
Author: fire&ice
Is tongue planted firmly in the cheek sarcasim not premitted on the net? Does that not come across via the written word? I knew the doggie was putting forth sarcasim. I thought it was pretty funny. As it is once again.
2.gif

When someone post such, I usually think they believe the total opposite - because they have the courage to post it as outrageous.
I think sarcasm certainly is permitted as long as its identified as sarcasm, and clearly marked not intended to offend anyone. In this author''s case, he espoused rather derrogatory sentimens about women and their place in society, which in my opinion was simply not cool without a disclaimer.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never said it wasn't permitted, I said I didn't think it was funny. (And I thought it came off as rather rude.)

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
See, I don''t think so. It was sooooo outrageous that it delivered a point that may push buttons. I thought it was pretty funny since "men''s rules" are somewhat sterotypical - but also pretty much on spot.
1.gif

It just seems like everyone gets so offended so easily with the written word over the net - and it seems like it stems from the way something is posted. Another thing I noticed is that people must speed read (not aimed at any poster as I am guilty of it at times) & not really grasp the full intent.

Rod, even you had to put a disclaimer. I didn''t think it was necessary. Maybe on the net it is. I think the rules are rather helpful (especially on a newly engaged or about to be engaged board) It took me longer to figure them out.
2.gif
When we did, our "partnership" became much more understood, happy & smoother. I would get incredibly frustrated with my husband when he wouldn''t just listen - HE HAD TO SOLVE!
6.gif
Now, he looks at me and sheepishly asks - "solve or listen?"

I''ve just never seen the rules all in one place.
1.gif

O.K. - I''ve been on my soapbox today! BAN TIPPING!
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/8/2006 4:17:31 PM
Author: fire&ice
See, I don't think so. It was sooooo outrageous that it delivered a point that may push buttons. I thought it was pretty funny since 'men's rules' are somewhat sterotypical - but also pretty much on spot.
1.gif

It just seems like everyone gets so offended so easily with the written word over the net - and it seems like it stems from the way something is posted. Another thing I noticed is that people must speed read (not aimed at any poster as I am guilty of it at times) & not really grasp the full intent.

Rod, even you had to put a disclaimer. I didn't think it was necessary. Maybe on the net it is. I think the rules are rather helpful (especially on a newly engaged or about to be engaged board) It took me longer to figure them out.
2.gif
When we did, our 'partnership' became much more understood, happy & smoother. I would get incredibly frustrated with my husband when he wouldn't just listen - HE HAD TO SOLVE!
6.gif
Now, he looks at me and sheepishly asks - 'solve or listen?'

I've just never seen the rules all in one place.
1.gif

O.K. - I've been on my soapbox today! BAN TIPPING!
2.gif
You're more than welcome to stand on your soapbox.
28.gif

I am a sensitive guy and the reason I put a disclaimer on my post was to ensure that everyone knew I posted the list in jest and by no means meant to offend anyone. I believe in simple courtesy and I absolutely agree with you that it's easy to offend people without intending to. So, why would someone post something that was aimed at women in such a negative manner without offering some comment that their comments were in jest. To me, it just wasn't as Storm would say......Kewl.

EDIT: There are Forum Policies listed and one in particular stands out;

Rule Number 12: Inflammatory, rude, arrogant and obnoxious behavior will not be tolerated from anyone. Should anyone use inappropriate language, start a personal attack, or engage in hate speech, they will be banned from all further discussions.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
99% of people who come on this website with comments like the one posted are trolling here to inflame people, not to be sarcastically funny. It's not worth my time to sit and figure out whether someone is speaking tongue in cheek, or not, when what they're saying is THAT inflammatory. It's a diamond site, for God's sake.
20.gif

If someone said this to my face..."Womon have nothing to offer this world except perpetuating the species and nurturing the child. Get with he program: the female is here to service the male."....sarcastic or not...they'd be eating a fistful of FireGoddess for lunch. Not because I'm easily offended. Because it's a rude thing to say whether you're kidding or not.

Hey, quit crying about the Holocaust, it's not like it ever happened.
See, I tried saying something outrageously sarcastic without qualifying my written word. It's still rude, not funny. (And just like the statement above, it's bullsh!!!!)

I guess we have to agree to disagree on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results