shape
carat
color
clarity

men''s rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rosebud08

Rough_Rock
What types of rings did everybody get for their SO? Did you go with platinum, white gold, or something else.

If he has white gold, does he actually go and get it dipped as he should?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 8:57:53 PM
Author:Rosebud08
What types of rings did everybody get for their SO? Did you go with platinum, white gold, or something else.

If he has white gold, does he actually go and get it dipped as he should?
My dh has yellow gold and he''s never had it polished - ever. Its still shiny too. If he had white gold there''s no way he''d bother getting it dipped - he doesn''t care about that stuff LOL

Rosebud08

Rough_Rock
Exactly my thought.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got him a palladium wg alloy because he wanted a whiter metal. I also didn't think he was going to want to rhodium plate regular white gold and platinum was too expensive and would look scratched up all the time. Palladium has a slightly more silvery grey appearance, but he liked it and it's masculine...so fine for a men's ring.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
DH has a titanium ring with a celtic heart design. I have the same ring. He loves it because it''s lightweight and thick, but never has to be taken off because it''s really durable.

*M*

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebud, my FI said today that he wants a tungsten ring. At first, he wanted regular gold b/c he prefers the color against his skin and likes the standard shiny style. But now, he''s switched b/c he likes the idea that the tungsten is scratch resistant and much cheaper. And I''m happy too b/c now it will make the color of mine.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I got him a platinum band. We''re not married yet, but just from trying it on, he''s gotten a few scratches on it
40.gif
. So it kind of worries me....I think he''s only going to wear his wedding band for special occasions only anyways, so that will help. For everday wear, I don''t think the ring would even survive one day!

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my husband a white gold band per his request. He really didn''t want to spend very much on his band because he has the idea in his head that if he has something too expensive, he will most definitely lose it!

That said, the ring is definitely looking dinged up and it is obviously yellowing. We''ll have been married one year this Saturday. He does not go get it dipped. The funny part is that he loves the way it looks now. He said that it now looks "unique" and loves how worn it is. I am happy as long as he keeps on wearing it
31.gif

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
I was going to get my husband a platinum band, but the color clashed with his skin tone. Bought him a yellow gold band which looked great on him, but he scratched it up in less than a week! One our honeymoon, I got him a black/grey titanium band that is much more his style than the gold, and he never takes it off. I seriously doubt he would take care of white gold the way it should be- he thinks I''m crazy that I bother to clean my ring once a day!
31.gif
But, he loves the titanium, it''s durable, modern-looking, and light. It also needs virtually no daily care, which I think would appeal to many guys.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
wg....he would ding up that platinum in 2 seconds!! hasn''t had it dipped in the 3 yrs he''s had it.

Rosebud08

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice. The matching band to mine is only made in platinum, which I am afraid will get scratched (or lost). I think we are going to go with a titanim one. He likes the look of the metal, its inexpensive, and it is low maintenance.

Happy anniversary jfo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results