shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s Platinum Band (5mm)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

me1234

Rough_Rock
Could someone give me a ballpark $ for what it should cost for a men''s plain platinum 5mm ring? size 7-ish?

Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try looking it up on Google....I would estimate maybe $500 or similar? But I am not sure. There are tons of mens wedding rings around on the net, see if you can find some price comparisons. WhiteFlash may have some in their collection.

Benchmark has some awesome men's designs but they are PRICEY.
2.gif

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hi me1234 !

If you email me, I will be able to turn you on to the Platinumsmith's website and phone number that made my platinum wedding bands and custom platinum nugget ring and my wife's platinum e-ring.
I would suggest going with 950 Platinum S1 with a hardness rating of 280 HV, which is the best for getting less scratches and holding it's shine, or go with his standard mix of 950 Platinum Ru with a hardness rating of 135 + HV which is almost as good but less money. Either of these two, are considered the best grades out there and being he makes the platinum rings himself, his prices are VERY hard to beat even comparing to some of the cheaper grades of platinum mixes, especially for the quality workmanship he does.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Thinner ones less than $500, thicker ones somewhere between $500-600? Thereabouts? Some platinum ones are rather thin so you want to get one thick enough to be substantial but not so thick that it's uncomfortable between his fingers.

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Hest88 is right about that with the thickness.
My wife's platinum diamond wedding ring is 2mm thick and her new e-ring is 2.25mm thick. She loves the 2.25mm thickness.

My two 950 PLAT S1 wedding bands are much thicker.
The one I wear is 2.6mm thick and the one I have put away is 3.2mm thick. My 950 PLAT S1 nugget ring is 3.2mm - 3.4mm thick at the shank and much thicker at the top, the nugget portion.

For a man's ring, I would get at least a 2.25mm thick band. Most jewelry stores in malls that carry platinum rings are around 1.5mm to 1.75mm thick, some maybe 2.00mm.

Just some suggestions on my likings for thickness of a platinum ring.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results