shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s band metal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Marley2984

Rough_Rock
I have his thing in my head that tungsten and titanium shouldnt be used for a wedding band. It should be 18k or 14k gold or platinum. This is the only ring I''ll wear on that finger the rest of my life and I keep thinking that it should be gold or platinum. She is going to get a white band either wg or platinum. I was looking at tungten and I keep feeling that my WEDDING ring should be rich built for a lifetime. Hope this makes sense. Here was the tungsten ring I was originally looking at.

http://www.justmetal.com/ArtCarved-CONQUEST-Tungsten-Carbide-8mm-Ring-P76.aspx#

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
That is a nice looking ring, and the fact that it is tungsten should not prevent you from getting it.

Get the wedding band that is best for you!

jet2ks

Ideal_Rock
I think it depends on your lifestyle. My personal preference will be for tungsten, but I do a lot of carpentry and working on motorcycles as hobbies and want something harder and tougher so that I don''t have to remember to take it off.

You might check out this thread

Tungsten vs. titanium vs. white gold

Or do a search for tungsten, there are other helpful threads, as well.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I do not believe that one metal is greater or less than another. Tungsten does not tarnish or scratch, and it would be great for someone who works with their hands frequently. IMHO, a price does not and should not put personal value into something.

Here is a website that has some wonderful tungsten and titanium rings (I think I saw it on PS before)
www.titaniumkay.com

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think for men, its all changing-- my brothers who were married ~10yrs ago both have gold rings, but I think most of my guy friends who have been married in the last 3 years have Titanium or Tungsten.
Its more of a lifestyle preference. My husband is very athletic and never wore jewelry because it always got in the way of sports-- has a relatively thin, comfort fit Titanium ring... that thing is ridiculous--- its SO light and with the comfort fit.. he literally cannot feel it on his finger.

Get what you like- not what you *think* you should get!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Was there a question here?

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Jet2ks, BeachRunner, and Paeony all make a good point about the durability of a tungsten ring -- it can withstand a lot and still look good!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results