shape
carat
color
clarity

Memorie VS Signed Pieces Raphael

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
Can anyone tell me the difference between these two? Do the Memorie settings, have metal around each stone(like bezel)? I have tried to find pictures of the Memorie setting but am having a hard time. I have seen the Memorie setting, but not up close. From a distance it looks similar to the Raphael, but perhaps more metals around the stones??? I will be ordering MOST likely from Signed pieces this week, but wanted to compare the two first.
Thanks!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Facets Duo in apperence. HTH.
BBtpp3.JPG
15498.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill Pearlman carries Memoire, it''s under Pearlman''s collection on his site. I have heard Memoire makes their settings slightly different, a little more metal to keep the girdles of the shared prong diamonds from rubbing against each other..

08EE13.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t realize those were Memoire rings. I''ve seen them on Pearlman''s, but I don''t think it indicates who the maker is.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 9:33:39 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Bill Pearlman carries Memoire, it''s under Pearlman''s collection on his site. I have heard Memoire makes their settings slightly different, a little more metal to keep the girdles of the shared prong diamonds from rubbing against each other..

08EE13.jpg
Just curious but has anyone acutally confirmed this? Who said it first and why?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a Memoire setting to me, but can''t sware by it. I sold many rings by Memoire. Bill will have to chime in on this and let us know the details.
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
No, I belive that is the setting, I am just wondering why everyone says it doesnt have the issues Dem had with her SP setting. She is the only who has reported those and BD is the only one who has the Memorie settting. Why is it that people say the Memorie setting is free from those issues? I wanted to know who said that first, and why.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/8/2005 11:07:29 PM
Author: kaleigh
Looks like a Memoire setting to me, but can''t sware by it. I sold many rings by Memoire. Bill will have to chime in on this and let us know the details.
2.gif
This is Memorie. When we don''t have a minimum of 35 pieces by a designer we put them into the Pearlman''s Collection or Great Additions until they grow larger in the store. In many cases we just choose the best items from a collection of the designer.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Do you have any customers which you see reguarly that have owned that set for more then a year? If so have they had any issues?

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 12:11:09 AM
Author: Matatora
No, I belive that is the setting, I am just wondering why everyone says it doesnt have the issues Dem had with her SP setting. She is the only who has reported those and BD is the only one who has the Memorie settting. Why is it that people say the Memorie setting is free from those issues? I wanted to know who said that first, and why.
I''m not sure who said this but this is not a issue with the Memorie rings. They do NOT touch girdles. The bands fit between each stone and even squared off so the diamonds match up it is not possible to touch the diamonds. The rings are machined in Europe and fit as tight as any shared prong made. If someone can offer to take my emailed pictures I can show this to you.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 10:12:55 AM
Do you have any customers which you see reguarly that have owned that set for more then a year? If so have they had any issues?
Yes, I have sold this ring for 7 years and none have had problems with this. The ring also is not a casting so it''s walls hold up much better for long term wear.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I would love to see that!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
semimount with band

3.2memoriebandplatheadonwithsemitmount.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
band alone

3.2memoriebandplatheadon.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
band side profile

3.2memoriebandplat.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This is a Facets rings with a close TCW. The actualy mounting looks similiar to me. Perhaps someone could point out the diffrences?

compinsizefacetsringotmemorie3.3.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Profile for compairsion to the memorie band.

profileforcomparisiontomem.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I did not find a picture of the full eternity raphel set on the Facets page in a comprable size which I think is an important issue when looking at pictures. This is the best I could find. HTH.

raphelcompforglamgirlt.JPG

glamgirl

Shiny_Rock
The Memorie band looks flatter, and more recessed from the side. The Raphael also looks like the diamonds sit up higher, but could it be just the "scalloped cut" setting which exposes more stone instead? GREAT close up shots of that Memorie. Thanks!

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 11:48:35 AM
semimount with band
Here the closest diamonds to the right of the prongs are close but do not touch yet the bands are flush to one another.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 11:48:59 AM
band alone
Here the rounded base for each diamond forces the e-ring s diamonds to fit between each diamond and prevents them from touching.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 11:49:27 AM
band side profile
A flat sided shared prong will allow the diamonds to rub against one another. The full cup and roundness of the sides prevent this.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bill and Mat...thanks for posting the upclose pics of the memoire set and Bill, thanks for the explaination. Now it's more than just a PS tale that's spread around
3.gif

I still love that Shared prong look, the way the Memoire fits together
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2005 1:57:47 PM
Author: mepearl53

Date: 11/9/2005 11:48:59 AM
band alone
Here the rounded base for each diamond forces the e-ring s diamonds to fit between each diamond and prevents them from touching.
Doesnt the shared prong from Facets have a rounded base as well? It looks that way in the pictures...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My guess would be that maybe the Memoire bands use a little more metal on the bottom that prevents the rings from touching at the top. the same way John Q explained why Lynn b''s diamonds didn''t touch. Obviously there is some difference as the Memoire settings don''t have the problems and we know from Dem. that the SP''s bands do/did, which is why they are working on correcting the design..

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am wondering if it has something to do with the size of the stones involved as well. I wrote to DeNatale and the would not say that the girdles do not rub on the Memorie setting or that they could ensure me that two rings would not damage each other.

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/9/2005 4:30:20 PM
I am wondering if it has something to do with the size of the stones involved as well. I wrote to DeNatale and the would not say that the girdles do not rub on the Memorie setting or that they could ensure me that two rings would not damage each other.
We have had these rings from .60ct total to 8.0ct tw. and have never experienced the problem. The metal is more rounded at the base that the other piece in question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results