shape
carat
color
clarity

Memoire purity vs BlueNile floating diamond single shared prong

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tubulus

Rough_Rock
Has anyone had a chance to compare in person the Memoire single shared prong wedding/eterity ring vs the BlueNile one?

I am comparing
http://memoire.com/catalog/collections.aspx?products=2173

to
http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-ring-platinum_9717

I just received the bluenile one in the mail. From what I can tell, it seems pretty similar. The diamond are a little closer together (though this might be because the bluenile has 15 point stones and the memoire has 10 pt). The setting are a little different - the memoire has a bit of a cylinder going on around each stone, the bluenile just has a more traditional setting around each. I am slightly worried that the diamonds are too exposed on the bluenile - can anyone who wears this ring comment? Stones seem to be good quality. Bluenile one is about half the price with bigger diamonds, so I am having trouble rationalizing the memoire.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmm... interesting, memoire uses Pt999??? Wonder how well that will hold up to daily wear and tear.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Memoire guarantees their rings for a lifetime of ownership. The quality of their pieces is really outstanding and they will replace any lost stones.

Pearlman''s carries Memoire - give Bill a call to hear all about the quality of the workmanship of Memoire. I have the double prong five stone band they make - it is superb and I''ve never regretted the decision!

I can''t speak to the quality of the Blue Nile piece but I know that Memoire makes an outstanding piece of jewelry!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
My concern with the blue nile one would be durability. That type of setting is very fragile/delicate in that the stones are not help in my much metal! Memoire has a reputation for the quality of their settings that is second to none, in part because apparently they use a different metal than is the norm, making it stronger/better at holding the stones (I read this on their website once, take it with a grain of salt perhaps). Still, if you insure it against damage/loss of stones, then perhaps the price difference makes up for this worry?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 11:16:32 AM
Author: Stone-cold11
hmm... interesting, memoire uses Pt999??? Wonder how well that will hold up to daily wear and tear.

I looked at the memoire single prong set when it first came out a few years ago, in 2006 I believe. Here is what Bill Pearlman said about it at the time:

the new Memoire 99.9 platinum single prong ring from the Purity Collection. 5 years in the creation this ring comes with a written guarantee that if a diamond falls out it will be replaced. Most platinum has a Vickers system of hardness of 120 at 95% pure. This ring has a Vickers rating of 215 :) Really hard! We''ll have the whole line up soon. VERY BEAUTIFUL

Memoire makes a high quality setting and will stand behind their products so I wouldn''t have any worries there.

Tubulus

Rough_Rock
Thank for the replies...I guess the better question is if anyone has the BlueNile one, and how well it has stood up to wear. I''m sure the Memoire one is good, I just would rather not spend the extra money.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 1:43:07 PM
Author: Tubulus
Thank for the replies...I guess the better question is if anyone has the BlueNile one, and how well it has stood up to wear. I''m sure the Memoire one is good, I just would rather not spend the extra money.

You might want to a least give Pearlmans a call for a quote on the memoire. they do offer a discount to pricescopers. Memoire will still probably be more but you also will get the lifetime warranty that comes with the brand. memoire also has an upgrade policy so if you would ever want to upgrade to larger stones or to a full eternity or something they will take the ring back and put the cost towards something else. Nice perks that may make the price a little more justifiable.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2010 1:27:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 2/3/2010 11:16:32 AM

Author: Stone-cold11

I looked at the memoire single prong set when it first came out a few years ago, in 2006 I believe. Here is what Bill Pearlman said about it at the time:

the new Memoire 99.9 platinum single prong ring from the Purity Collection. 5 years in the creation this ring comes with a written guarantee that if a diamond falls out it will be replaced. Most platinum has a Vickers system of hardness of 120 at 95% pure. This ring has a Vickers rating of 215 :) Really hard! We''ll have the whole line up soon. VERY BEAUTIFUL

Memoire makes a high quality setting and will stand behind their products so I wouldn''t have any worries there.

Interesting... trace element alloying and/or work hardening of the metal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results